FAST FOOD DIET????

I AM ON A 1200 CALORIE DIET AND I DO SOME TYPE OF WORKOUT EVERYDAY. I AM ALWAYS ON THE GO SO ALOT OF MY MEALS ARE FAST FOOD. I'LL BE THE 1ST TO ADMIT THAT I COULD MAKE MY FAST FOOD SELECTIONS A LIL HEALTHIER BUT I DO LOG EVERYTHING GOOD OR BAD. ACCOURDING TO MY FOOD TRACKER I STILL STAY IN THE DEFICIET MOST DAYS. IS IT POSSIBLE TO EAT HAMBURERS AND FRIES ON A REGULAR BASIS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT? I HAVENT WEIGHED IN THIS WEEK BUT....... MY CLOTHES FEEL LOOSER AND MY FACE LOOKS LESS BLOATED. WANTING SOME OPINIONS CAN I REALLY EAT WHAT EVER I WANT AS LONG AS I STAY IN MY 1200 CALORIE ZONE?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    technically yes you can, weight loss is solely on a calorie deficit.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Why are you yelling at us?!?!?
  • You can. It's not good for your body.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    If your focus is only to lose weight, you can definitely do it this way, but if your goal is to be healthier....
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member

I was going to say the exact same thing.
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    It's really not a good idea. Even if you do still lose some weight from it, it's not good for your health. You'll lose it a lot easier and keep it off if you eat healthier things. :)
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Me too :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I AM ON A 1200 CALORIE DIET AND I DO SOME TYPE OF WORKOUT EVERYDAY. I AM ALWAYS ON THE GO SO ALOT OF MY MEALS ARE FAST FOOD. I'LL BE THE 1ST TO ADMIT THAT I COULD MAKE MY FAST FOOD SELECTIONS A LIL HEALTHIER BUT I DO LOG EVERYTHING GOOD OR BAD. ACCOURDING TO MY FOOD TRACKER I STILL STAY IN THE DEFICIET MOST DAYS. IS IT POSSIBLE TO EAT HAMBURERS AND FRIES ON A REGULAR BASIS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT? I HAVENT WEIGHED IN THIS WEEK BUT....... MY CLOTHES FEEL LOOSER AND MY FACE LOOKS LESS BLOATED. WANTING SOME OPINIONS CAN I REALLY EAT WHAT EVER I WANT AS LONG AS I STAY IN MY 1200 CALORIE ZONE?

Please stop yelling at us, you're scaring me.

Yes you can, but a better question would be, would I be healthy eating ...., the answer to that is no, as losing weight and being healthy are not one in the same.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    LMAO!!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Don't know if you're just eating once a day because mcdonalds and most fast food fries (regular size) are 400+ cals and the burgers 300-400. Plus a drink? Plus any other meals?

Are you sure you're calculations are collect?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    You can still lose weight but you won't be getting healthy.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    I think weight loss is mainly about calories, and if you are only taking in 1200 and you are working out you are GOING to lose weight. I think, though, that you will look even better and more importantly FEEL even better if you eat healthier whole foods. I know it's hard when you are on the road a lot, but give it a try. Though, I will say, you look really young in your picture. People in their twenties can eat crap and go without sleep for ages and they look fine. I do it for ONE DAY and I look like death warmed over, it's terrible. So enjoy it while you can! :)
  • Watch the movie "Fat Head." The guy went on a 31 day fast-food diet. He lost about 20 lbs, and his blood pressure and sugar were lower. BTW, he was eating 1200 cal per day, and was staying away from fries and sugared soda.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Sure you can lose weight, but what's the point if you feel like crap? I don't think it's possible to get the nutrients you need on 1200 calories of fast food.
  • Annieboo51
    Annieboo51 Posts: 42 Member
    IM SORRY.... IM NOT YELLING. LOL MY CAP LOCK IS STUCK ON MY KEY BORED. ALSO FYI MY G BUTTON GETS STUCK AND ACTS CRAZY SO..... SOMETHINGS MIGHT BE G LESS. ONCE AGAIN SORRY
  • soozeeg
    soozeeg Posts: 14 Member
    I eat Wendy's Chili at least 4 times a week for lunch/dinner whatever... i've stayed in my calorie range and have lost weight. And i went to the doctor and am healthy, so yes you can. Im not sure the fries & hamburgers are always a good choice though...
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Yes, I Agree that weight loss is on a calorie deficit, but the burgers_fries a day diet can not be good for your overall well being. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, but the hydrogenated oils in fries and the fat content in burgers will take a toll on you. I have learned that exercise is not enough to get you to your optimum well being for mind + body. If you don't have access to a Dietition, nutrionist or trusted physical trainer, I would recommend you check out some books that can optimize your weight-loss goals. Check out some books on ayurvedic eating such as The 3 Season Diet, Skinny B!tch, or The Yoga Body Diet. These aren't the only books out there obviously, but they discuss ways to help you understand the type of dieting that might be right for your body and to help you achieve your goals in a healthier, more long-lasting way. I wish you all the best :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    You don't have to choose burgers and fries. There are plenty of fast food items out there that aren't cooked in fat. On the occasions when I do need a quick meal, I go for a salad with grilled chicken or a grilled chicken sandwich.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    for some folks, simply creating a caloric deficit is all you need to burn fat. whether this always shows up on the scale is another thing. if you are consuming too much sodium and processed foods, the weight loss may not always be apparent. also, some folks do better when they don't eat processed/fast foods. you'll have to determine how your own body reacts.

also, its more difficult to stay with a calorie restriction when you're eating processed sugars because they create cravings. you feel more satiated when you eat lean proteins, healthy fats and carbs with a low glycemic index value. Crapdonalds and other Fast Food Joints don't serve any of that.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    IM SORRY.... IM NOT YELLING. LOL MY CAP LOCK IS STUCK ON MY KEY BORED. ALSO FYI MY G BUTTON GETS STUCK AND ACTS CRAZY SO..... SOMETHINGS MIGHT BE G LESS. ONCE AGAIN SORRY

Perhaps you could put a "wanted" post in your local Freecycle group and someone would have a keyboard for you.