Breakfast ideas for a person that doesnt eat breakfast.

Options
I need some good ideas for quick healthy breakfasts. I really am not a morning person and have a very hard time forcing myself to eat somthing that early. I have two kids one 5 and one 14 months old that I have to get ready, feed them breakfast, brush their teeth and get myself ready and out the door we go.....all before 7:30 AM. I've tried the nutrigrain bars(which my kids love) but they are too sweet for me in the morning. I have a problem with my stomach hurting after I eat that early. I guess I am just looking for healthy ideas on quick breakfasts on the go that I can eat on my way to school in the morning that wont gove me the "I'm so full Im going to vomit" feeling.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you're not up for actually 'eating' in the morning, how about a smoothie or protein shake? Something with some calories and nutrition that might not feel so heavy to you like solid food first thing in the morning. Or something like some cottage cheese and fruit. Something light.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Breakfast Sandwhich (whole grain english muffin, scrambled egg, slice of cheese)
    Protien Shake
    Fruit/Veggie Smoothie
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat before 9 or so in the morning. This means I tend to have a mid-morning snack at work instead of breakfast. I tend to get sick if I eat too early.
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Shake, Egg WHites and Fruit = 500 cals for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Kashi TLC chewy granola bars? The almond flax and peanut butter bars are much less sweet than any other bars I've tried.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are what I do.....Tons of different options with them :flowerforyou:
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Almonds
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Breakfast Sandwhich (whole grain english muffin, scrambled egg, slice of cheese)
    Protien Shake
    Fruit/Veggie Smoothie

These are what I'd recommend as well!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If sweet is what you don't want try for something like a potato stir fry - cook the potato the night before and cut it up, then just toss in a pan with some mushrooms and veggies and warm up (you can wrap it as well if you want or just eat straight up).

Other quick options a bagel with cream cheese or an english muffin with jam or a piece of toast with peanut butter...

Smoothies, as suggested, are great if you can't handle the "solid food" feeling that early and kids love them too! And they are really quick to make if you have the ingredients on hand and a tested recipe ready.

If nothing else, try a big glass of milk or juice in the morning, just to get something into you and then bring snacks for later in the day.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a shake for breakfast. The one I have has vitamins, minerals and all the good stuff I need for the day. I usually add stuff like peanut butter if I have the chocolate or OJ and fruiit if I have the other flavor.

It is easy and fills me up. You have to eat so make sure you do ;)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i make an amaze egg pizza. my fiancee works at dominos and i can get thin crusts. i made one today that i just put in the database, i can give it to you, if u wish
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple - melt a TBS of peanut butter in the microwave. Dip apple and enjoy.

Hard boiled eggs

Pure protien bar - 20 grams of protein 200 cals 2 grams of sugar. Love'em
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i haaaaaate eating breakfast. But i make myself consume something. Sometimes a smoothie (yogurt, oj, fruit -- pop in a blender and turn it on until the kids are finished with theirs, pour it in a to-go cup (i use a reusable tumbler) and drink on your way to work) sometimes I have instant oatmeal because it's not too sweet and it's just a small portion so it doesnt upset my tummy, also sometimes a fiber one bar. They can be sweet but not nutrigrain bar sweet (and they can cure your chocolate cravings!)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person but I realize I need to eat something so I have started making plain oatmeal then add raisins and craisins (maybe 6pcs of each - total calories 166 or so) and it fills me up til lunch. The upside is I can make it at work and its easily transportable.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast, or I nearly starve before lunch. I have a high metabolism, anyhow. If I don't have time for anything else, I grab an apple or a banana, takes about 30 seconds to shove in my face hole, grab my keys and go. Real fruit doesn't tend to be as sweet as "fruit" bars. If I have more time, I like eggs, bacon, sausage, ham. Breakfast is my favorite.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if you aren't hungry and you have to "force" yourself to eat breakfast, why eat it at all? eating breakfast is a personal preference and not necessary for weight loss or health
  • yterzis
    Options
    Kashi TLC bars are great. You can buy them at costco for a good price and have something to always jump start your metabolism!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know you said sweet things are not appealing but can a bananna or apple work..a greek yogurt maybe..I know a friend who eats leftover dinner protein and she swears it helps her get thru the am without feeling sick..trial and error. Protein shakes/bars may work once you find one you like..good luck hun!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How about not eating? What is the benefit of forcing yourself to eat?
  • alishastradtman
    Options
    if you aren't hungry and you have to "force" yourself to eat breakfast, why eat it at all? eating breakfast is a personal preference and not necessary for weight loss or health

I have a really hard time consuming 1200 calories a day because of being so busy. Which in turn really does make my body go into starvation mode and makes it impossable for me to loose weight. So I have been eating six small healthy meals a day and the weight has fallen off(lets hope it keeps dong that). So essentually I am trying to add calories.