Breakfast ideas for a person that doesnt eat breakfast.

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it take more time to prepare and eat six meals?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if you aren't hungry and you have to "force" yourself to eat breakfast, why eat it at all? eating breakfast is a personal preference and not necessary for weight loss or health

I have a really hard time consuming 1200 calories a day because of being so busy. Which in turn really does make my body go into starvation mode and makes it impossable for me to loose weight. So I have been eating six small healthy meals a day and the weight has fallen off(lets hope it keeps dong that). So essentually I am trying to add calories.

add calorically dense foods;

nuts
    nut butters
    full fat dairy
    advocados
    pasta
    ice cream
    etc
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Natural PB on a slice of wheat bread/toast. There are a lot of PB options out there that won't be too sweet.

Or you could make a batch of trail mix ahead of time, bag it into individual servings -- then just grab a bag on your way out the door. You can make it as sweet or savory as you want.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i only eat breakfast because i've been told it starts ur metabolism up because i don't like eating breakfast

for me it's something simple...i take a cup of yogurt with me to work & keep a bag of bran buds in my desk drawer.
    grab an apple or baggie of strawberries (already measured out after u buy them)
    even just a special K20 water additive for the fiber
    i also used to cut up fruits & have them ready to blend in the morning with some spinach & ice. delish!
  • alishastradtman
    Options

This is done the night before. Really I added this because breakfast does make me sick. But I really need to eat breakfast to boost my metabalism, and was looking for ideas. I wish I could just not eat it but really feel I need to for energy.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mix a vanilla protien shake in with your coffee.
  • alishastradtman
    Options
    if you aren't hungry and you have to "force" yourself to eat breakfast, why eat it at all? eating breakfast is a personal preference and not necessary for weight loss or health

I have a really hard time consuming 1200 calories a day because of being so busy. Which in turn really does make my body go into starvation mode and makes it impossable for me to loose weight. So I have been eating six small healthy meals a day and the weight has fallen off(lets hope it keeps dong that). So essentually I am trying to add calories.

add calorically dense foods;

nuts
    nut butters
    full fat dairy
    advocados
    pasta
    ice cream
    etc

Thanks! Appreciate the advice.
  • Rae6503
    Options

This is done the night before. Really I added this because breakfast does make me sick. But I really need to eat breakfast to boost my metabalism, and was looking for ideas. I wish I could just not eat it but really feel I need to for energy.

But you don't. There have been many studies showing that it doesn't matter when you eat. Theoretically you could eat all your calories in one big meal. Skip breakfast if you want.
  • alishastradtman
    Options
    Mix a vanilla protien shake in with your coffee.

This is a great idea! Thanks. All of these are good but I love this one.
  • alishastradtman
    Options

But you don't. There have been many studies showing that it doesn't matter when you eat. Theoretically you could eat all your calories in one big meal. Skip breakfast if you want.

I didnt know this. Thanks for the info
  • sthigpen1
    Options
    I have the same issue in the morning. It's hard to get everyone ready and eat breakfast when you're not a morning person. I keep the individual pack of cheese crackers on hand. They are great for a person on the go. There is on average 200 calories for 6 crackers. I have also eaten peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast. Just because it is morning doesn't mean you have to eat typical breakfast food.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

There have also been studies done stating that you need to eat breakfast to set the pace for the day. And that after 4 hours of not eating your body goes into starvation mode and keeps you from losing weight. Eating small meals every 4 hours is a lot healthier than eating once or twice a day. Alisha when you lost all the weight two years ago you were eating at least 3x a day. You were losing the weight because you were eating smaller meals through the day.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    i only eat breakfast because i've been told it starts ur metabolism up because i don't like eating breakfast

Then you have been told wrongly. It does not boost your metabolism. It has no biological benefit. It may have some psychological effect in preventing cravings, or helping you make better choices later on.

If you don't want breakfast, don't have any! You aren't missing out on some great fat burning secret.
  • alishastradtman
    Options

There have also been studies done stating that you need to eat breakfast to set the pace for the day. And that after 4 hours of not eating your body goes into starvation mode and keeps you from losing weight. Eating small meals every 4 hours is a lot healthier than eating once or twice a day. Alisha when you lost all the weight two years ago you were eating at least 3x a day. You were losing the weight because you were eating smaller meals through the day.

Yeah I am going with what I know works for me which is the six meals. I really like the vanilla protein shake in my coffee. Great ideas everyone! Thank you!
  • revriggle
    Options
    I have a protein shake, banana, and some plain 1 minute instant oatmeal each morning. A boring breakfast but its fast and gets the job done.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

stop with this nonsense,

"There have also been studies done stating that you need to eat breakfast to set the pace for the day. And that after 4 hours of not eating your body goes into starvation mode and keeps you from losing weight. Eating small meals every 4 hours is a lot healthier than eating once or twice a day"

please produce said studies of your above claims

"Alisha when you lost all the weight two years ago you were eating at least 3x a day. You were losing the weight because you were eating smaller meals through the day."

correlation =/= causation, she is losing weight because she is in a caloric deficit, not because she is eating smaller meals throughout the day
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    And that after 4 hours of not eating your body goes into starvation mode and keeps you from losing weight.

It takes several days for your body to go into "starvation" mode, not several hours...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There have also been studies done stating that you need to eat breakfast to set the pace for the day. And that after 4 hours of not eating your body goes into starvation mode and keeps you from losing weight.

Um, what??? So I have to set my alarm and wake up every 4 hours in the night to prevent starvation mode? No wonder I've been losing weight. I'm starving!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    This posts contains links to scientific peer reviewed articles supporting the "eat whenever you want" idea:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/380925-3-meals-a-day-versus-snacking-hypothesis
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I would go with a protein shake/smoothie or one of the health drink like Shakelogy. My typical smoothie is a cup of milk, a 1/4 cup each of cottage cheese and greek yogurt (fat free for both) , a scoop of whey, 1/2 cup of frozen berries and a banana. You could adjust the amount of the cottage cheese and yogurt or fruit to meet your calories.