Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How can I lose FAST for special events

I know, I know, slow and steady wins the race.
And honestly I've been doing just that for the past 6 months with diet and exercise and have lost 19lbs!
But I have two special events coming up and want to shed some more FAST:
1. This Saturday - A wedding with lots of OLD friends whom I haven't seen in years.
2. Next Saturday - Having portraits made of my husband and myself (not holiday portraits) but real ones, since we never had engagement photos and our wedding photos sucked.

So I am wondering for the next 10 days what can I do to really rev up the weight loss. Can I lose 5lbs in 10 days? I know it won't be a permanent loss and I will go right back to my healthy lifestyle plan afterwards.

I know I'm asking for it and will get some colorful replies but anyone have ideas for a short lived calorie blasting regimen???

And don't say heroin.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Extra exercise. (That cat in your profile pic is beautiful!!)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    You can't lose fat that fast. You can drop weight fast, but it will mostly be water. In 10 days, you could lose a few lbs of pure fat, but that's about it. You should have started months ago if this was really special.
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Not recommended, but you can do the cabbage soup diet. The key here is no protein or carbs, just vitamins. When you start eating "normally" again though, the weight will likely come back before you start slowly losing again.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Probably not.

A well cut garment and Spanx are probably your best bet. Continue on with the slow and steady.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    If you are 5'8 and 140lbs, why are you worried?
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Meth and cocaine.

You can cut carbs, and not drink a lot of water. Run with a sweater on and sit in a sauna. Take some laxatives. All these will make you severely dehydrated, but you could lose a good 10 pounds in a week just from water.

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending anyone do any of these suggestions.
  • Bump
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Drink a lot of water, cut back sodium, carbs. Basically eat clean and get in some exercise. Drinking water and cutting back your sodium will probably have the biggest impact in 10 days.

Also- maybe treat yourself to a facial! Makes you feel better and everyone will be looking at your glowing skin.

And as a portrait photographer- I recommend getting your make-up done before a shoot. Nothing crazy. But a professional application can really look good through the lens.

Good luck!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Um.. dont eat?
    Or i suppose just eat fruit and vegetables.
    Apparently peanut butter on a grilled grapefruit pumps your metabolism.
    And its not all about just being skinny. u want to be toned too. Do some muscle building exercises.
  • Meth? I mean, it's fast, but you won't have any teeth at the end....which could help you keep the weight off? :laugh:
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member

AGREED!
  • UsedToBeHusky

AGREED!

Wait... you AGREE to extra exercise or you AGREE that the cat is beautiful. :huh:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    This is probably the worst advice I will ever give anyone and I'm not condoning it in any way whatsoever... so my friends cant bust my chops, but I was told by my cousin that his military recruiter told him that he could lose weight quickly by slathering his body in preparation h then wrapping himself and saran wrap and running... run until you think youre going to die, then run more.

Of course, I think running is a good idea if you're physically fit for it and won't be injuring yourself. So, I do like that part.... that's pretty much the only part that I think is worth a darn though.

If you choose to wrap yourself in the same thing you use to keep leftovers fresh, by all means, think about the reality of the situation first. Other than that.... knock yourself out!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Spanx is wonderful stuff, so is drinking lots of water and flushing your body out. You can't make permanent losses as I'm sure you are already aware, but cutting down on water weight is good! I am currently eating low sodium and drinking tons of water and green tea in preparation for a wedding dress fitting (in 2 days) since my body decided that now is a great time to start hanging on to all the water it can.

Did I mention Spanx is awesome? :)
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    High cardio workouts has done wonders for me. Look into HIIT training. Many on this site do it and toning. I have lost a lot of weight and inches by doing this.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Decrease sodium to less than 1500 mg/day and drink 3 liters of water a day. Also, limit carbs.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Um.. dont eat?
    Or i suppose just eat fruit and vegetables.
    Apparently peanut butter on a grilled grapefruit pumps your metabolism.
    And its not all about just being skinny. u want to be toned too. Do some muscle building exercises.

How do you grill a grapefruit?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Just get in the gym for 8 hours a day, and burn that 35,000 calories in that 10 days. Job done.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    It amuses me when people NEED to lose 5-10lbs in a week or two. Unless your near 20% as a female and 15% as a male, this weight would hardly make a noticeable difference in your physique.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Totally not going to lie...so..here it goes..instead of trying to lose a tremendous amount of weight..why not hit the strength training harder...it will help tighten what you have now..and go heavier on weights..besides making you feel like you accomplished something..why not tear it up and make your body feel tighter in areas..no one will really know how much you lost...they will only see the changes that have become..seriously..your numbers are not tattooed on your forehead..bahahaha..even if it feels like it is..

There's times I don't think I lost anything..and yet I see tons of changes..and people around me as well..so, hopefully this helps