How can I lose FAST for special events

Options

Replies

• shausner86
    Options
    It's not the healthiest way but with HCG you can lose a pound a day. I lost ten lbs in a week and kept it off just to jump start the weight loss. Now I eat healthy and exercise twice a day.
  • hanky1
    hanky1 Posts: 39
    Options
    MY FIRST11 LBS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN MY PHYSIQUE
    Looking at your 189 and 184, the difference is minute. While 11lbs can make a difference mostly in the areas of the face, you don't really see it as much in the body. I'm giving you an objective opinion of what I can see and from years of experience.

I think is made a difference in my stomack and legs... my clothes seem to think so also... I do have a long way to go but I'm not a body builder nor want or expect to be one.... I respect your opinion......

I think you look great - I can see the difference in all your photos. Wish I'd thought to use photos in that way!
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    thank you....
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Do a a series of ice baths, and diet like heck. We did the Ice baths for Prom and we each lost about 3inches and you may want to do a shake regiment. Just remember if you starve yourself, your tummy bloats!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Cut off your leg. You'll drop 20+ pounds INSTANTLY.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Probably not.

A well cut garment and Spanx are probably your best bet. Continue on with the slow and steady.

This. You'll look like you lost more in great-fitting and flattering clothes than if you try to drop weight quickly.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Watch your salt, drink lots of water. Eat watermelon.
  • slenderagain
    Options
    Bump up your exercise as much as you can possibly fit in and don't eat back your exercise calories. That's how they lose so fast on The Biggest Loser!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    it's simple, you can't lose weight FAST. A healthy weightloss takes time:noway:

And plus that would be wanting to lose weight for a very wrong reason. You should want to be healthy. Sure looking good comes with that but thats just a bonus. Of coarse that is just my intake, yours might be different. Good Luck on your weightloss:smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider... say you bust your butt with extra exercise and really restrict your food for the next week or so. Then you'll be so frickin' sore and tired that you won't even enjoy yourself at these events. Grimacing in pain doesn't look good in photos. :wink:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for special events is silly. If the event was that special, you'd plan months ahead for this kind of thing. Since you are only planning ahead with weeks or days, I would just pick out a nice outfit and if you're really fretting about your size, put on some spanx.

This is not that serious, and you should not risk making yourself sick because you are afraid of how others might see you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I think is made a difference in my stomack and legs... my clothes seem to think so also... I do have a long way to go but I'm not a body builder nor want or expect to be one.... I respect your opinion......
    Oh I don't doubt your clothes fit different or that you're smaller. My point was since body fat is lost systematically (meaning you lose ALL over evenly) then you don't see the physical differences as much unless your body fat is closer to normal. That's why I said that 5-10lbs is hard to detect unless you're closer to ideal body fat range.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for special events is silly. If the event was that special, you'd plan months ahead for this kind of thing. Since you are only planning ahead with weeks or days, I would just pick out a nice outfit and if you're really fretting about your size, put on some spanx.

This is not that serious, and you should not risk making yourself sick because you are afraid of how others might see you.
    This. It's like cramming (because of lack of knowledge) for an important exam the night before. If it was really important, the studying for it would have been done well in advance.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    How do you grill a grapefruit?

Not sure, i think you just cut it in half and pop it in a grill.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Hardcore exercise
    Lots of liquids
    Possibly (be careful when using these) a water pill to make you pee more
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water, cut back sodium, carbs. Basically eat clean and get in some exercise. Drinking water and cutting back your sodium will probably have the biggest impact in 10 days.

Also- maybe treat yourself to a facial! Makes you feel better and everyone will be looking at your glowing skin.

And as a portrait photographer- I recommend getting your make-up done before a shoot. Nothing crazy. But a professional application can really look good through the lens.

Good luck!

Fabulous advice. . I agreed if you do all those things. . you will be doing great!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oh! I know, I know!.... You could amputate something :happy:

Okay, what did I win?
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    How bout a cleanse??? Too bad we don't live closer, I could get you some Shakeology packets....
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, many were very helpful! Spanx, self-tanner, high-heels - hells yeah! And water, low sodium, extra exercise and maybe a two day clense - all over it!

Just to clear a few things up: I did start months ago, 6 months ago in fact. And not for any event, I am in this for life and for myself.
    But I do have these events and wanted to ramp up. There's no way I would be able to sustain unhealthy weightloss for more than 10 days and I don't want to. Maybe it's silly for me to want to drop a few extra lbs quickly for stuff like this, but it's not like I'm going in blind or with unrealistic expectations. I'm fully aware it's not healthy and I'll gain it back. And I fully intend to go back to my normal healthy diet/exercise plan afterwards and continue my with my new lifestyle.
  • Latinalicious
    Options
    :huh: Hi hon, not sure exactly how you are following the daily intake and only lost 19 lbs in six months; according to MFP my daily intake is 1200 and I manage to lose 36 lbs :happy: in four months without exercising. The first two weeks I manage to lose 12 lbs without starving myself and have yet to start any exercise routine. You may need to push your photo session til the beginning of the year and revamp your food choices. :drinker: