mild laxative before weigh in

Options
has anyone ever done this??

i don't seem to need to go to no2 very often, every other day generally but sometimes it can be 3days and i'm sure this will be affecting my weigh ins

i know diabetic choc has a laxative effect(i used it for a 'clear out' when in labour) so i was wondering if it'd be ok to use it the night before a weigh in to make sure i'm not 'bunged up' for weigh in

has anyone ever done this??

Replies

• MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I would probably pass on this. Poop doesn't weigh as much as you think.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    please dont do it and im speaking to you from past experience i may only be 23 but belive me ive tried it all........ to the point of addiction of laxitives and being ill at uni!

go to ur doctors if ur not going regularly or eat things like prunees.

please dont take a laxitive
    xx
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What would be the point of this? Do you get a special prize if your scale says a certain number on weigh in day?
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Um no thanks.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Unless you scale jumps up and down and does a happy dance for you.....
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Using laxatives when you don't absolutely have to is really bad for you. For the sake of your digestive health, please don't do it!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    That just sounds like a bad idea.

I'd be more inclined to weigh myself on days after I pooped rather than to make myself poop before a weigh in. Taking a laxative so you weigh less for weigh-in day sounds like abuse/addiction waiting to happen.

Not to mention putting too much importance on the scale.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No...
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I wouldn't get into the laxative habit. I'd only use them as intended, if you haven't gone in a few days, but not to see a lower number on the scale. Just account for the extra ounces, or skip the weigh-in until you've had a BM.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I did this all the time when I was in the thick of an eating disorder.

Don't.

Seriously, don't.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I think I have a better idea. Instead of weighing yourself on the same day every week, wait a week plus however long it takes before you have a good poop naturally.
    I do agree that being bound up HAS to increase weight a bit.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What's the point in that...isn't it almost like cheating yourself into thinking you lost more than you really did?

On a side note..are you drinking enough water every day? if you are, this should help your digestive tract stay "on track" much better. Maybe you need more fiber or something too...you might want to look into your nutrients a little bit to see if there's a better way to get that process moving more naturally.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    ok peeing before a weigh in is one thing.

peeing before a naked weigh in right after waking up is even acceptable.

a LAXATIVE? that's a bit far....
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really recommend it. Even if you're not using actual laxatives, this isn't a very healthy mindset to have. Add some extra fiber, drink lots of water, or even add in prunes and green tea.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    What would be the point of this? Do you get a special prize if your scale says a certain number on weigh in day?

Maybe there's a prize for pooping on the scale.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    OKAY TMI TIME!!!!

Anyways I had went out and purchased a new ultra fancy scale. It does weight down to .01 instead of your normal .2. Thus when I first got it I stepped on before an after taking #1, #2, taking a couple drinks and etc...

Poop does not weight much. The most I've ever lost from some MASSIVE logs was .12 pounds. It's not worth a laxative. It's not going to make enough of a difference on the scale.

So there you have it!! You know about the weight of poop and now how massive some of my poop logs are!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I poop once a week. And I wouldn't use laxatives to poop more often nor to be lighter on a weigh in.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    You might consider a higher fiber amount in your daily diet. It will keep your system moving without the dramatics of a colon cleanse.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    peeing before a naked weigh in right after waking up is even acceptable.
    I thought that was expected?!?!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    oh hey....your the 'nicotine patches to lose weight' poster. you've decided to move on to laxatives now. how about trying a healthy diet and exercise? i hear a lot of people are successful with that.