What's the worst thing you've done to your cell phone?

Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    once upon a time i was in a heated argument with my ex and he decided to take a call from his mommy in the middle of it.

yeah. i grabbed his phone and threw it out the window. while he was driving 50 mph through the country.

technically it was still "my" phone since i paid for the damn thing.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Mine was stolen. Day 2 at the gym, thinking it was safer locked in the truck than in an unlocked gym locker, I left it in the truck. The whole truck was stolen instead. :noway: :explode:
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My son decided to put my husbands phone in the microwave and turned it on!! When we discovered where the smell was coming from we quickly opened the door and when my husband tried to point out to our son what he did he cried - I dont wanna see the MICRO-Phone!! When we called the insurance co we had on the phone to report it - the rep said it was the first case like that she had ever heard!!!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    my hubby's horrible on phones, in one year I believe he went thru 4 phones! Lost three of them down ice fishing holes - one of them we could see in 8 ft of freezing cold water ringing as a call was coming in :grumble: another one was a flip phone that he flipped open and lost hold of at the same time while on a boat in the middle of a lake :noway:
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    my brother got an Iphone for his birthday a couple years ago and opened it at the restaurant and dropped it in his soup, everyone was like ohhhhhhwwww, that sucks!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I can't recall anything I've ever done to my phone...but I accidentally kneeled on my week old ipad when I was doing...umm....'cardio' on the couch.

5b60d216.jpg

mood kiler, that sucks! Did you get a good workout? lol
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't recall anything I've ever done to my phone...but I accidentally kneeled on my week old ipad when I was doing...umm....'cardio' on the couch.

mood kiler, that sucks! Did you get a good workout? lol

No! :( I lost my "oomph" after that.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My brother had his phone clipped up on his visor and left it in his car for a little bit as he ran into the store or something ... (pre smart phone days) and anyways, it happened to fall off the clip directly into a cup of water. He got back in his car and looked all over for it...convinced someone stole it...i think it was hours and hours later that he found it in a cup of water that he had in a cup holder...hahaha.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Dropped my friends smart phone on the cement and seeing it shatter. UGH. Offered to pay full price for a replacement, but my friend insisted on having it repaired. I still feel guilty dropping it. [so it was not really my cell-phone, ti was worse....]
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Ok, this really sucks. My son gets his new cell phone, leaves it in his pants, and I wash them. Cell phone ruined. Next week laundry time again, my son leaves his new replacement in his pants. I wash them. But get this, the husband and the son blame me for this. I should have checked his pants. :frown:

I work full time and get to do laundry when I can, so I am always in a hurry. I actually cried :sad: after both of them verbally attacked me. When I recovered and realized this is BS, I told husband and son, wash your own clothes damn it.:grumble:
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    i took a drunken swim in the ocean with my iphone in my pocket!!!! was truly an epic moment in my life!:sad:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I was sorting laundry and then tossed my Blackberry on top of the basket of clothes, since I didn't have any pockets, and headed downstairs to the laundry room. I started loading the washer as it filled up with water and all of a sudden I saw a blue light coming from the bottom of the wash machine. All I could think was "That better not effing be my Blackberry". Yup, it was.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Dropped it on the driveway on the corner of the phone and cracked it all around the camera. Also have dropped it in the shower.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My mom spilled paint thinner on my old Razr phone. Why she was using paint thinner on her kitchen counter, I have no idea, but needless to say, no amount of "drying out" fixed that.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I got my first cell phone in at Christmas of 1999. the following summer my daughter and her friend wanted to go canoeing. My hubby was going to be picking them up when they reached their destination so I let them borrow my cell phone. I put it in a zip-lock bag to protect it. She took it out so call him and promptly dropped it in the water at the shore. You did what!?!?!?!? She had to use someone else's cell phone to call us. I was lucky. I did get it dried out and it worked fine for several more years.:happy:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Jumped in the pool with phone in my pocket. It was freakin hot out, I was doing yardwork and started to overheat...got my shoes and shirt off but somehow forgot about my phone.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Haha these are so unfortunate!
    I left my cell-phone on the counter when I was working at the ice-cream store, and apparently got a text or call. My phone vibrated right into a bucket of sanitizer! So unfortunate :(
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    got really really mad and took a hammer to it!!!
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Almost 3 years ago I bought a new Blackberry for around $500. I was in love with it. 4 days later I put that Blackberry, my iPod and a cup of tea into a plastic bag. Disaster followed. The iPod was ruined, of course, but it was only (!) $150 to replace. I lived without a phone for about a month while I sulked, trying it occasionally to see if it would start working. No such luck.

Then the night I decided I would shell out the $ to buy a new one in the morning, I gave it one last try. It's worked ever since. The only lasting problem has been that once in a while the camera quits working for a few months, then starts again.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    my husband and i set our cell phones on our driveway at sunrise and destroyed them with hammers. that was about 4 or 5 years ago and we haven't had any since. long live land lines! :tongue: