Hobbies anyone?

I find myself coming home from work and sitting on the couch the rest of the night watching TV.

Anyone have an interesting hobbies? I'm just looking for ideas! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• I find myself coming home from work and sitting on the couch the rest of the night watching TV.

Anyone have an interesting hobbies? I'm just looking for ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    my hubby and I do jigsaw puzzles
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Scrapbooking, keeps my hands busy, and sometimes sticky, or glittery, hard to much while doing that, messy food, or messy pictures.
  • jelee18
    jelee18 Posts: 46
    Wii games, playing with my dogs, quad or motorcycle riding, and (not so much a hobbie, but a chore) the ever-present housework ;-)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Cross stich, make quilts, ride horses
  • Grab a camera and go for a walk. Take pics along the way.:smile:
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Wii Fit !!!
  • Grab a camera and go for a walk. Take pics along the way.:smile:

I like this idea! It just snowed, so there will be a lot of pretty pictures!

Unfortunately I don't have a Wii! The WiiFit sounds like it is a lot of fun. Oh well.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Cross stich, make quilts, ride horses

I love to cross stich and quilting, have you checked out Jack Dempsy, think I'm spelling that right, great quilt blocks! I have used them to make my kids bedding.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    knitting. also keeps the hands busy. You cannot eat while you knit. Impossible. When I decided i wanted to learn how to knit, I made an appointment to go to a retirement home and I met an old Grandma-type who was delighted to teach me. For FREE. Because she was just so happy that she could pass it to someone who really wanted to know how to do it.
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    I cross stich or write letters. It keeps me occupied, so I'm not thinking about snacking. :smile:

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I (gasp) READ. I know I know, how quaint of me in this day and age, but I try to read at least one hour every night. Believe it or not, reading is a very powerful mind exerciser.
  • I (gasp) READ. I know I know, how quaint of me in this day and age, but I try to read at least one hour every night. Believe it or not, reading is a very powerful mind exerciser.

I read when someone recommends a book. I can't just go pick one out...there are just too many!
  • I (gasp) READ. I know I know, how quaint of me in this day and age, but I try to read at least one hour every night. Believe it or not, reading is a very powerful mind exerciser.

Right there with you Banks, reading would most definately be my favorite hobby. I love to read for enjoyment, my college textbooks are an entirely different story :grumble: lol
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    I like to read, do crossword puzzles, and ride horses (in the non-snow season - although I'll ride in the cold).

All 3 of these capture my attention and keep me from doing other (snacking) not so good things..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I (gasp) READ. I know I know, how quaint of me in this day and age, but I try to read at least one hour every night. Believe it or not, reading is a very powerful mind exerciser.

Right there with you Banks, reading would most definately be my favorite hobby. I love to read for enjoyment, my college textbooks are an entirely different story :grumble: lol

Ha! I hear that, I remember when I was in college and my junior year had a Chemestry book that was so big we actually had it for 3 semesters. That was Molecular chem I think, I forget, I transfered out soon after (not cuz of the Chem, cuz of the math, Complex Variables sucks!) That book cost like 120 bucks, and that was in 1993!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

I read when someone recommends a book. I can't just go pick one out...there are just too many!

I recommend East of Eden. by John Steinbeck. (fav. book EVER)
    I recommend Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (second!)
    I recommend The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
    there's three good ones that will enthrall you for awhile.

Now get your booty to a bookstore and do some reading!!
  • Thanks! I'm going to the bookstore after I take that walk!

So, I was wondering...has anyone ever read Skinny B****s? Any thoughts if you have?

Ha! I hear that, I remember when I was in college and my junior year had a Chemestry book that was so big we actually had it for 3 semesters. That was Molecular chem I think, I forget, I transfered out soon after (not cuz of the Chem, cuz of the math, Complex Variables sucks!) That book cost like 120 bucks, and that was in 1993!

Wow, that is quite a book! lol I'm a marketing major, and I LOVE my marketing books because I actually find them interesting. It's just my law and macroeconomics books that I'm not a fan of lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I read too. I read all the time. Right now I'm reading the "Left Behind" series.

I've heard "the Shack" is really good. Not sure who it's by, but it's really popular right now so the book store people would know what you are talking about.