Are carbs evil ???

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together. I was told once that the potato is the devil of all foods
    The poor potato...what did it ever do to you?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Considering you would literally die without carbohydrates, how could they be evil?
    :noway:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    p.s.> I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together.

:noway: This is blasphemy... my people went through the Potato Famine. I will be giving up potatoes NEVER!

I :heart: CARBS.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I read that everytime you eat carbs, God kills a kitten.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

If that were true, there would be a shortage of p*ssy in the world. And there's plenty for all.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I was told once that the potato is the devil of all foods when trying to lose weight and it wrecks havoc on your insulin levels for days after eating one.

In case you aren't trolling with the above statement, I would stop taking advice from the person who told you that.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Considering you would literally die without carbohydrates, how could they be evil?

Wrong.
    Incorrect.
    Misleading.
    Rubbish.
    Bollocks.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    p.s.> I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together. I was told once that the potato is the devil of all foods when trying to lose weight and it wrecks havoc on your insulin levels for days after eating one.

please stop with your nonsense
    Totally agree. This person has no idea what she's talking about. "I was once told..." Please.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    p.s.> I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together.

:noway: This is blasphemy... my people went through the Potato Famine. I will be giving up potatoes NEVER!

I :heart: CARBS.

Amen. Those of us with a drop of Irish in our blood know the truth.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    p.s.> I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together. I was told once that the potato is the devil of all foods when trying to lose weight and it wrecks havoc on your insulin levels for days after eating one.

Does this statement make Broccoli, green beans and kale the holy trinity? WTF?smiley-confused009.gif
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd limit eating potatoes if at all possible or eliminate them all together. I was told once that the potato is the devil of all foods
    The poor potato...what did it ever do to you?

hahaha :laugh:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    BloodsportAAAAAAA.gif

not-this-again.jpg
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options

Wrong.
    Incorrect.
    Misleading.
    Rubbish.
    Bollocks.

Someone literally needs to do some research! :laugh:

http://tinyurl.com/3u6gpuh
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options

If that were true, there would be a shortage of p*ssy in the world. And there's plenty for all.

=^.^=Meoww!!! Lmao:laugh:
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BloodsportAAAAAAA.gif

not-this-again.jpg
    :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

please stop with your nonsense
    Totally agree. This person has no idea what she's talking about. "I was once told..." Please.

When someone starts with "I was told once" can you really argue that it's nonsense? How would you know what s/he was told? Just sayin.
  • micksvetlana
    Options
    stick to low GI carbs, works 100% but don't read what's on the pack in the supermarket, this is the only reliable source http://www.montignac.com/en/search-for-a-specific-glycemic-index/
  • micksvetlana
    Options
    if you are serious about losing weight completely exclude potatoes and bread from your diet because both are junk food, you'd be amazed at the results
  • TimWeis75
    Options
    I've done unspeakable things to my metabolism through excessive consumption of soda and snack foods from my teens through my 20s. I had bloodwork done recently for insurance and it appears I've undone most of the damage. (Normal glucose levels, LDL/overall cholesterol levels with asterisks next to them saying "below expected range", etc.)

If I eat "all things in moderation" and "restrict calories to a 500/day deficit", I feel hungry all the time.

When I restrict (not eliminate) carbohydrates, my mind clears, I don't feel hungry, I actually eat fewer calories overall, despite my love for bacon.

When I eat a second/third helping of [starchy "good carbohydrate"], I get the absent-mindedness I used to get from drinking half a gallon of Mt Dew and a can of pringles. (It's okay, I'm under 3,000 calories for the day and I rode my bike to work...)

The carbohydrate-induced absent-mindedness is not nearly as bad as how I reacted to the junk food, but it's similar to be sure.

I generally limit myself to 100g of carbohydrates a day and strive to consume 150g of protein (trying to put on some muscle). I don't always succeed. Weight loss plans are like horseshoes and hand-grenades: close is worth some points.

Folks who did not abuse their bodies like I did probably don't have the same reactions to carbohydrates I do. They can probably eat what is commonly known as a "well balanced diet" with no ill effect.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    if you are serious about losing weight completely exclude potatoes and bread from your diet because both are junk food, you'd be amazed at the results

WRONG!

Potatoes are a wonderful food. They are packed with a lot of nutrients that are exceedingly good for your body. Bread too is fine in moderation (we could talk about the value of whole grain vs white, but not now).

Here's a quick guide: protein = muscle and tissue regeneration, carbs = quick energy. If I recall my anatomy classes, it is much easier for your body to take carbs and turn them directly into energy than many other foods. Just remember to stay within your calorie limit because the danger is that starchy foods are packed with calories.

Edit: I realize I have GROSSLY oversimplified the roles of proteins and carbs. You can gain energy from protein and you can make new tissue out of veggies, it's just much more efficient to get tissue regen from protein.