T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday) November '11

Options

Replies

• teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! back again and wanted to introduce myself to the thread a little. Got a new job and so I have been very busy. I am a single mother of 2 beautiful daughters 17 and 19. Really just getting started back here on Monday and doing good so far. Good luck to all!

SW 297
    CW 260 (My Monday morning weight)
    GW 175
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm here. I'm happy to join this group. I don't even remember when I joined MFP. I guess my name says 2009, so I'll go with that. I do this on and off, but I finally got really frustrated and tired of myself, and joined WW online. It's fine, but you really don't get any more tools than you do here. I did a 3 month thing, and I have already cancelled, after the 3 months are up. I decided I liked this set up better. Nothing at all wrong with the WW site, but I don't think it's worth the money.

My most recent starting weight was 202 pounds. This number got me to really take this problem seriously. I am now at 197, but haven't weighed in for 10 days. I had a rotten weekend. I ate a dairy queen blizzard. IT was over 1000 calories. How stupid was that? But I'm trying to move on. It's done. Can't be undone. Moving on.....

I would love to weight 150. But anything I lose makes me feel so much better. Just losing 10 pounds makes clothes fit differently, and makes me feel great. So losing this first 5 pounds is a big motivation for me.

I'm scared to weigh in though, because I'm afraid I've gained. And that would be depressing. I need to get several really good healthy days under my belt, and then hit the scale. I think I will plan to weigh in on Wed. so 1 week from today is going to be important to me.

Well, I've probably given more info than you need. I am glad to be part of a group, and be accountable to someone other than myself. I know I can do this, and so can you all!
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi newattitude2009,

Yes I agree with you on this and I found because I was getting more motivation here as compared to the group I was paying, I made a decision to rather "pay "" myself the money weekly ON condition I lost some weight. SO its a win win situation and my kitty is getting heavier so I can buy myself some lovely clothes with the booty and I have lost more weight here and in less time:) :):).
    SO welcome and congrats on making that decision about YOU being the most important to yourself!!!
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    [
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was invited to join and would like to be a part of your group. I don't have a lot of time right now to tell you about me as I am at work, I will add more later. I can tell you I have been on MFP for over a year. My starting weight was 393 lbs... I weigh 226 right now with a goal of 160...Only 66 away!!!

Mary
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've had a good day! A great day! I guess I don't know if we're just supposed to post when we weigh in, or if anything goes. Well, anyway, I've done well today, and just wanted to share. Yay me!
    I have a long weekend starting tomorrow and will be away from home for a couple of days. I'm glad I did well today, because that is a good way for me to start off the weekend. I think this will help keep me on track, or at least closer to being on track, than if I would have had a bad day. If I had a bad day, I think I would have just said 'oh, forget it. ' I might as well just eat whatever, and as much as I want, since it's not like I'm doing what I need to be doing anyway.
    But good days tend to lead to other good days....

Also, I'm so impressed by the weight loss by members of this group. This is no bunch of slouches! There is some serious weight loss going on. It is inspirational!
  • moeswifeyangela
    Options
    Okay...so..... Remember when i said that I wasnt sure if my HUGE weight loss was because I actually lsot it or it was the changing of scales....It was the changing of scales. LOL i went to hubby's work today and weighed in since we were on that side of town...I did lose...but I lost 4 pounds not 9. lol It is still a loss and a dang good one, so I am happy...but I will definitely stick to 1 scale. Hhaahaha Have a SCENTsational night! Hugs group!
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Hi everyone Im new! :) My name is Lara :)
  • kellylara93
    Options
    wow, your weight loss is amazing! keep up the good work :)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    newattitude2009...i'm like that with the bad days. I just think I'll start again tomorrow. At least i'm not thinking i've blown it for the week. Post whenever you want.

Mary and Lara...welcome to the thread :)

moeswifeyangela...i bet that was a bit gutting. Still even back on the other scales that's a great loss. Try to weigh on the same scales at the same time of day each time. Your weight can up and down by 2lb in a day.

Been really busy with the uni and the kids this week. I've not had time to do much extra exercise, i've done plenty of rushing round though. I wish i was propery over this tonsilitis. My throat is better nowe but my sinus's are awful, every morning i wake up with a stinking headache.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: The votes are in & it looks like we MIGHT be making the T.H.E. thread into a group. Whether it will be a private group or a public one hasn't been decided yet & I'm getting a few more details from Steven before making a FINAL decision.

It's been a stress filled week for me. MIL was at her doctor appointment this week & fell in the parking lot. She has dislocated her shoulder, her thumb & broke her nose. So this proves that she can't live alone (FIL passed away in June) & the decision needs to be made that either someone is going to have to move in with her or she is going to have to move in with one of us.
    I have been doing my best to watch my calorie intake & also get some type of exercise in (one more week of p/t for me) but have really been in pain if I am on my feet for more than 20 minutes. So, I don't expect to see a weight loss when I step on the scale on Monday & won't be very surprised if I see the scale move in the wrong direction again.
    But I am taking things one day at a time & hoping for the best.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    After much consideration, I have decided to make the T.H.E. team a group.
    I figured this was the easiest way for people who are either joining MFP or have been members for awhile to find us.
    You can now find by clicking on the GROUPS tab which you will find at the top (in the blue bar) after clicking on the COMMUNITY tab.
    I hope I have done everything right when it comes to setting us up as a public group. If you have any difficulties or find any errors, please let me know.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I got an invitation to join when I first joined MFP a couple weeks ago and have just started exploring the boards (and discovering how nice having encouragement and support from fellow members can be!). I am 25 and I am less than a month away from completing my second university degree (degree 1 = forensic anthropology; degree 2 = nursing). I am currently planning my wedding which is scheduled to take place May 18th 2013 and I would like to have a seriously hot body by then! I'm thrilled with my progress since joining MFP and I really hope to keep it going (I feel a plateau looming on the horizon....I've dropped almost seven pounds in two weeks and I can't imagine I'll be able to maintain that for much longer!). I've been weighing in at random times so far, and often more than once a week but from now on, Mondays are going to be my official weigh in day.

My stats:

Height: 5'8.5"
    SW: 166.8lbs
    CW: 160.4lbs
    Short Term Goal: 155lbs by Christmas
    Long Term Goal: 145lbs by May 2012 (or a size 6, since I think muscle gains might mean I can't hit 145)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well!! After my first week of tracking my calories and activity on MFP, I am down 9.8 lbs.! Only 83.2 pounds to go! :o)

SW: 243.0
    CW: 233.2
    GW: 150.0

Have a great week, all!
    Jamie
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I would like to join the team! I am ready to take on this challenge of getting my weight down!! Time for a new me!! I am so excited...
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Hi, posting a "hello" as requested in my invite. (thank you, by the way)
  • TaylorKelly93
    TaylorKelly93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new My name is Taylor :)
    You are all truely inspirational
  • Karenmarciano
    Karenmarciano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite! This holiday season is going to be tough but I am determined to keep things under control! Excited to be a part of the group!! Karen
  • pinkypat
    pinkypat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I am new and although it says i joined a hear ago i have only just started to take this seriously, i have been on other diets websites for exampl WW that a waste of time this new points system i found it very hard to lose weight and i have heard others have the same problem. So far so good i have lost six lbs in the first week.:laugh: Take care Pat

Just looked at other posts the last one is december am i in the right place.
  • chellehubcap
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for the invite! I am just getting ready for night time rituals but will read new posts etc. tomorrow!
    Thanks!!!