Options

Replies

• jenh1101
    Options
    AHHH! I love it!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a lot of make up... i wear just enough to make me look less dead and to take away the black circles under my eyes.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Don't tend to go out without mascara because my eyelashes are invisible without and i look like freaky alopecia eyelid girl. The rest i can go without though, not fussed!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It's sad because i'm only 19, but EVERY time I go out without make up I get a negative comment. Last time it was "Wow you look hungover!" (I wasnt..) and "Are you stoned?" or just a simple "You look really tired today". So, I ALWAYS wear make up! Just cover up blemishes and mascara and under eye concealer so nothing too dramatic :)
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    On me? Very very occasionally - and minimal. Mascara, lip gloss, eye liner - and that is it. And even then I forget I'm wearing it and rub my eyes, ending up looking like a panda.

On my gf - she has never worn it and she looks perfect as she is.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm wearing a lick of makeup in any of my profile photos. I rarely wear it. I put on a little mascara, blush and sometimes eyeliner/eyeshadow and lipstick if I'm going out somewhere fun. But never to work and rarely at all during the day. I think I look fine without it. It just enhances me a little and sometimes makes me look better in pictures.

That's a funny illustration, though.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Makeup is FUN!

Ulta is my favorite store........when I see a new makeup kit with a ton of eye shadows and lipsticks and blushes, I WANT it! Bring on the makeup!!!!

If you're creative and you have fun with it, I think guys kinda like it :love: :love:
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    or just a simple "You look really tired today".

I used to get this quite a bit. I always just said "Why thank you!" haha. But it does cut your self esteem down.
    I go through phases - I probably didn't wear it for a good few months, but recently started again because I found a foundation I like, and because I got a promotion and I feel more professional with a little makeup on. I still don't wear it every day, but I try to on days I'll be seeing my boss / patients. The girls in my home office though are so used to me without it that its almost weird when I do wear it here. haha.

Edited to say - long live Ulta.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I just posted this yesterday:

IbNu4.png

I'm wearing only foundation in this pic. My left eye has no makeup whatsoever. It looks like that side of my face is melting. lol And when I add eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and eyeshadow, my whole face transforms from 100% plain-Jane. I LOVE makeup and, while I envy women who can skip it, that just is NOT my reality.

Blanket statements suck.

THANK HEAVENS FOR MAKEUP!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I wear minimal make up. Just a bit of foundation (cause I am splotchy), a touch of nude powder, a eye shadow and mascara. Every now and then I will do eyeliner, but I have to be in the mood for it.

My husband doesn't like heavy make up anyhoo, so it is all good. I have taken my almost 12 year old to Clinique so they could show her how to apply w/out going overboard.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up. I didn't even wear it on my anniversary this year. I did wear make up on my wedding but that was probably the last time in 3 years... I'm not big on it. Not even foundation or mascara! :-P
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I'm blonde, so I have light eyelashes so I only wear mascara to enhance my pretty blue eyes. Other than that, I don't wear anything else unless it is a special occasion.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make up anymore... I used to have to do my make up if running to the convenient store. Now? Nope. At most I might put on concealer and lipstick for the quick outs... now going out/out... i still get glammed up!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    When i was younger i hardly ever wore make up , now i hardly leave the house without it. again the whole coroner thing
  • ChefCupcake
    Options
    This is hilarious and so true. Whenever I tell my bf to hold on or wait because I have to put makeup on he says that I look the same with or without it. To me, there's a pretty noticeable difference. Sometimes I wonder what he's looking at!

My boyfriend is the same way! He doesn't always realize when I take off my makeup. I think there's a major difference too! I don't wear colorful lipstick or eyeshadow, but I love my mascara!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Make-up is a necessity for me. I LOVE wearing it, and I see a HUGE difference when I have it on. I'm one that needs to wear foundation and powder.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    make_up_18.jpg
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious and so true. Whenever I tell my bf to hold on or wait because I have to put makeup on he says that I look the same with or without it. To me, there's a pretty noticeable difference. Sometimes I wonder what he's looking at!

My boyfriend is the same way! He doesn't always realize when I take off my makeup. I think there's a major difference too! I don't wear colorful lipstick or eyeshadow, but I love my mascara!

sounds like my guy, but then my guy thinks i am hot and sexy just as i am, so i think there might be vision problems
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    make_up_18.jpg

That's a professional makeup job and most women do NOT have befores and afters that extreme.

Not to mention that her hair is different and she's at a different angle with a different facial expression and it's with completely different lighting. With or without makeup, she'd look entirely different.

I would bet in the real world, with most women, you wouldn't even know if she had on makeup.