Whats your favorite thing...

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
About the place you live. I feel like I really need a change I have lived here my entire life (Minnesota) and theres been alot of not nice things that have occured. And I just want to go take a vacation or something maybe even move if it would work out thats just really hard to do on my own with 2 kids.

Replies

• starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!! I hate living in TX, but I'm pretty sure that I will die here....
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing I like about Big Spring TX...plan on moving to Fredricksburg TX in about 3 years and its beautiful there. Rolling hills and oak trees. AAAHHH
  • collyllama
    Options
    I love it here in Chattanooga, TN. There's so much to do; people are friendly... it's a great place for kids, and (having lived in Minnesota) the cost of living PALES in comparison. :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I love where I live, everything about it, I live in colorado right behind pikes peak, and I really could not bring myself to move away... But If I felt like I hated it, I would move! I lived in the denver area for 6 months and said no way, I don't care about the money, I am going home!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love that there is so much to do here in Houston. We have professional football, baseball, basketball, and soccer. We have a wonderful museum and theater district. We have awesome restaurants. We have possibly the best medical center in the world. The beach is a short drive down to Galveston. Love, love, love this city.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    This is where my kids live.
  • chefchazz
    Options
    the beaches, the fresh abundant seafood, and its home to the worlds, yes the worlds largest naval base! our miliary air craft carriers are minutes from my house. nobodys ****ing w/ my city!!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    I love it here in Chattanooga, TN. There's so much to do; people are friendly... it's a great place for kids, and (having lived in Minnesota) the cost of living PALES in comparison. :)

Is it warm there?
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I grew up in Minnesota and now have lived in Southern California for about 12 years. It is okay, but much too crowded and too expensive. I wish I could move back to Minnesota.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Other than the people of the midwest, particularly Wisconsin, the city I live in sucks *kitten*.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I love in a suburb of Detroit....overall I love Michigan's 4 seasons. The winters can be sucky, but you really only have to deal with any one season for a few months and it's on to the next one. Spring is warm and cheery, summers are a decent temp and hot enough to swim and enjoy the outdoors without getting TOO hot (though we certainly get out spurts of weeks in the upper 90's, but not all summer long) and fall is gorgeous with the changing leaves. Winter can even be enjoyable, the snow can be beautiful and it's fun to play in.

We live in a nice family suburb but Detroit is just a quick 20-30 minute drive for a Red Wings/Pistons/Lions/Tigers game, the symphony, any number of shows at the Fox Theater, Fisher theater, Opera House.....lots of nice bars and restaurants. Of course there are many parts of Detroit that are BAD, but at peak hours downtown where events are going on its great. I would love to be able to ice skate so I could skate at Campus Martiaus when the tree is up and decorated.

In our city, we live right in the middle of suburban neighborhoods and parks, but also every restaurant, store, mall you could ask for. In case you can't tell, I love where we live, and to boot I am one mile down the road from my brother and my dad lives 20 minutes to the east and my inlaws live 15 minutes to the west. Perfect!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I live in a little town called Picton in Ontario, Canada. It beautiful here, but I hate it. Born and raised here. No friends around any more, moved to neighbouring cities and some hours away, or other all the way in British Columbia. I'd love to be able to get out of this place, one day.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Boise... is a fantastic place to get fit!!! I call it a "mini-" Denver. There is an awesome bike/running trail called the Greenbelt that goes about 15 miles altogether, and it's gorgeous as it runs alongside the Boise River just outside of downtown. There are mountains that actually are partially IN THE CITY, and part of those is what I use for my hill training.

Overall... it's super friendly, too!!! I love it here!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I currently live in Seattle, WA and contrary to what everyone says- It does not always rain here. It can be really beautiful when the sun is out. Lots of water all around, hills and moutains very close to here. In the spring and summer it is wonderfully scenic here. Now- to be honest- in the winter time- not so great here and it can be wet and dreary. Right now its chilly but still sunny so yay!
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I can wear shorts in winter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Free food, free satellite tv, free gym, free medical... its great except during lock-down.
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    30 minutes from Philly, 90 minutes from NYC, suburban feel, trees, high taxes, good schools (cherry hil, NJ)
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    I love where I live, everything about it, I live in colorado right behind pikes peak, and I really could not bring myself to move away... But If I felt like I hated it, I would move! I lived in the denver area for 6 months and said no way, I don't care about the money, I am going home!

I didnt think I could ever move away but I dont feel like I should be here..Ive had to many bad experiences and Ive always just wanted to move away from them and start new. I have pretty much started off pretty good here since all those things happened..but lots of things feel really not good about being here lately. My family is stressed from helping with the kids alot and Im sooo thankful that they do help. My kids dads just make me not very happy Im tired of constantly doing stuff that benefits them but none of it helps me out, I take care of my kids 24/7 and they are there when its convient for there schedules off of partying, school, friends, social life blah.. I am a full time student and working part time and taking care of the kids all the time when Im not at school (I bring my kids to work with me). This state is just making me feel like I cant do anything I want..Im stuck here going to school because I cant go anywhere else with two kids but Im starting to think I could go somewhere else...
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Several things I love about Pittsburgh:

- I've heard people from all over say that Pittsburgh people are the friendliest people they've ever run across. I've heard it said that if you ask a Pittsburgher for directions to someplace, instead of telling you, they'll say, "Follow me...I'll get you there."

- It's a big city with a small-town feel. So many different neighborhoods, each with their own personality and culture.

- The view when driving into the city from the Fort Pitt tunnels. On the other side, all you see is the back side of Mount Washington, but once you're through, BAM! The city.

- The Southside.

- The Strip District.

- Primanti Brothers.

- PNC Park...and my front-row season tickets. :)

- Kennywood Park.

- The Great Allegheny Passage (our local rails-to-trails system).

- Again...the people.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Free food, free satellite tv, free gym, free medical... its great except during lock-down.

must be a state prison.........in the feds they have to pay a co-pay of $2.00 for medical :)