Whats your favorite thing...

Options

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    About the place you live. I feel like I really need a change I have lived here my entire life (Minnesota) and theres been alot of not nice things that have occured. And I just want to go take a vacation or something maybe even move if it would work out thats just really hard to do on my own with 2 kids.

I'm in Minnesota, too..................but I'm thinking not close to where you are?

I live in Duluth - beautiful lake, lovely places to visit and see.

COME ON UP!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I friggin' LOVE TEXAS!!!!!! My least favorite part of Texas is further WEST, but I like it everywhere else....

My husband is from upstate NY... It's really pretty up there, but I can't handle the COLD winters.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Several things I love about Pittsburgh:

- I've heard people from all over say that Pittsburgh people are the friendliest people they've ever run across. I've heard it said that if you ask a Pittsburgher for directions to someplace, instead of telling you, they'll say, "Follow me...I'll get you there."

- It's a big city with a small-town feel. So many different neighborhoods, each with their own personality and culture.

- The view when driving into the city from the Fort Pitt tunnels. On the other side, all you see is the back side of Mount Washington, but once you're through, BAM! The city.

- The Southside.

- The Strip District.

- Primanti Brothers.

- PNC Park...and my front-row season tickets. :)

- Kennywood Park.

- The Great Allegheny Passage (our local rails-to-trails system).

- Again...the people.

Small town feel I love that ..my town is defenitly growing but it still has the small town feel. I just need a change in my life so I want to go somewhere new. Might be a little while before I get to where I want to be but Im going to get there =] I would have to find a good college to apply for too because thats an issue too I need to finish my education its very important to me.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    About the place you live. I feel like I really need a change I have lived here my entire life (Minnesota) and theres been alot of not nice things that have occured. And I just want to go take a vacation or something maybe even move if it would work out thats just really hard to do on my own with 2 kids.

I'm in Minnesota, too..................but I'm thinking not close to where you are?

I live in Duluth - beautiful lake, lovely places to visit and see.

COME ON UP!

Duluth is a beautiful city! I live in Rochester.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I currently live in sunny San Diego, California. And we pay for that sunshine. However I find the people to be a bit...rude in general. Nothing specific, it's not as bad as when I lived in LA, but many people who live here are rather inconsiderate and shallow. I'm sure you'll find at least a few people like that wherever you live but here I just feel like it's spread on a little thicker.

But it's all okay, my husband and I are moving back up to closer to our hometowns in San Jose (About 8 hours north of where we currently reside).

California in general is freaking expensive to live but it's the same rent to live in San Jose as we are paying here in San Diego and we'd rather be by our friends and family.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My family is all around me. I grew up with 5 aunts living within a 2 blocks radius. So my friends in the neighborhood were my cousins. I loved it. When I grew up and purchased my own home I was only 1.5 hours away but it was really lonely.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota too...love the summers and the lakes, hate the winters!

I've lived in Nashville-- liked it! And San Diego- it was fantastic, but too expensive (and too many cockroaches, lol!)

I want to move to Oregon I think. I'm getting antsy.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota too...love the summers and the lakes, hate the winters!

I've lived in Nashville-- liked it! And San Diego- it was fantastic, but too expensive (and too many cockroaches, lol!)

I want to move to Oregon I think. I'm getting antsy.

Agree I hate the winters too, snow can stay awayy lol. Ill for sure spend another winter here but im just getting really tired of it around here lol I need an adventure in life. I know if i bring this up to any family or the kids other sides of the fam they will freak out of me really badly but I need to do whats best for me too..and my kids need a happy mom. I think i will be able to stay focused on my goals better if I just go somewhere new, Im a college student and I need to partially feel like one aside from all the homework..I just need some freedom and to be able to go places whenever.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I live in Seattle. I pretty much love everything about living here. :flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING.

Colorado has four seasons, lots of open space and parks.. best public transit in the nation, a thriving beer scene, the mountains, a diverse culture, reasonable cost of living ... I could go on all day.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I live in Nashville. Love it. Culture everywhere, balanced people (because nobody here is FROM here it seems.) I hate the weather in the south, but that's because I come from California (also known as the only place God would live.)

I love that every musician here has "don't you know who I think I am" syndrome. Makes it easy to mess with heads and take their gigs....
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    I live in Nashville. Love it. Culture everywhere, balanced people (because nobody here is FROM here it seems.) I hate the weather in the south, but that's because I come from California (also known as the only place God would live.)

I love that every musician here has "don't you know who I think I am" syndrome. Makes it easy to mess with heads and take their gigs....

Are you a musician?

Culture is good keeps things interesting! Is it cold in southern Tennessee? its cold here lol I hate cold MN dont mind the summers tho
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    EVERYTHING.

Colorado has four seasons, lots of open space and parks.. best public transit in the nation, a thriving beer scene, the mountains, a diverse culture, reasonable cost of living ... I could go on all day.

Does the 4 seasons include long winters? My best friend from elementary school lives there and we recently got in contact again so thinking of taking a trip to visit!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Are you a musician?

Culture is good keeps things interesting! Is it cold in southern Tennessee? its cold here lol I hate cold MN dont mind the summers tho

Yes, I'm a musician. It gets cold out here compared to what I'm used to. My buddy is originally from Edina, MN. When he complains about it being cold I ask what he remembers about MN winters. He says "human beings shouldn't live in that weather" and ceases to complain. Hah.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I live in Ontario Canada and I must say that I LOVE snow at Christmas! Our summers are not nearly long enough! I love the sun! I always say someday I will move to the South! Maybe buy a vacation home somewhere warm someday
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I moved near Boston a couple months ago from Florida.... HUGE change!!! I hated the humidity... but not really diggin the cold either!!! Getting snow already hasn't helped. I do love the city~ the food, culture, architecture, accent, it's crazy here compared to down south.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Do not move to New Jersey. May I suggest one of the Carolinas?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    it isn't haunted

i dont think
  • krissagirl0709
    Options

Are you a musician?

Yes, I'm a musician. It gets cold out here compared to what I'm used to. My buddy is originally from Edina, MN. When he complains about it being cold I ask what he remembers about MN winters. He says "human beings shouldn't live in that weather" and ceases to complain. Hah.

Haha true statement humans shouldnt live in that lol..last year i swear the snow got taller then me lol. Are you in a band? Lol i always wanted to learn how to play the drums but never got to it...
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I live in the western 'burbs of Chicago.

What I love about where I live:

+ The multitude, never-ending choice of things to do with a kid: going into Chicago on the train and all that it entails, great local park districts, zoos, museums (mainly in the city).

+ Schools here are excellent.

+ Everything is ultra-convenient. I live within 5 minutes of a ton of stores, both chain stores and locally owned businesses.

+ Seasons. Relatively mild winters compared to those north of here and those who suffer from the dreaded "lake effect". Also, I'm not a fan of "brown" which is all I notice when I drive out west. I like green. It's green here. I don't do desert. ... or brown.

Because I'm a fan of tempering the good with the bad, here goes...

What I don't like about where I live:

- God-awfully bad, stupid and sloooooow drivers which manage to, on a daily basis, make me shake my head on even the smallest of commutes. I mean, like, if I were to go down the street to my local Walgreens which is only a couple of minutes in the car max, I will see someone run a stop sign. Or, the heavens forbid, if I had to encounter a 4-way stop sign on my route, you can see tiny heads billowing with smoke from their ears from the confusion it causes their tiny brains.

- I really don't think folks are all that nice here. I think it's a misconception about the "Midwest being sugar and candy sweet." -- at least in this area it's not true. I'm originally from the DC area so I'm experienced with "attitude."

- This is the reason I most dislike it here: despite having a ton of things to do both locally and in Chicago, it's a big damned drive to get to anywhere interesting. By "interesting" I mean different scenery. Mountains, anything topographically bigger than a mole-hill, water that isn't Lake Michigan... more importantly, the ocean. I miss the ocean.