My Poor Furbaby

Options
2»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Neem oil is worth a shot. You will have to read about it online....smells atrocious. You can buy shampoo with it in it. I swear by it. Good luck!!!
    Yeah, don't do that. Or any similar advice. Cats lick themselves. I've never heard of neem oil, and if I've never heard of it, I certainly don't want my cats ingesting it. Also, I've read a lot of people recommending garlic as a flea treatment online. Just FYI, garlic is toxic for cats.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Maybe talk to the vet about a pill. My dog seems to rub off flea stuff between the shoulders unless we crate him after dosage.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Buy a product like Revolution, Advantage or Frontline for cats from your vet. DO NOT use an OTC product like Hartz or Sargeants. I'm an Emergency Veterinary Technician, and at least twice a month I am treating cats with flea product toxicity. These products can cause seizures and skin burns. I'm sorry if this has already been said, I didn't read through the whole thread. But it's very very important.

Make sure whatever product you decide upon is labeled specifically for cats. Trying to get a discount product could end up in thousands of dollars in vet bills and possibly the loss of your cat.
    agreeance^^^^^

I like Revolution best, and you will have to bomb the house.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Look up a product called Capstar. Should be able to get it from your vet. It will start killing adult fleas within 2 hours. Then use something like Advantage or Revolution or Advantage Multi.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    If you have eggs in your home, unfortunately, you may have to bomb. I agree with everyone else that the OTC does not work, unfortunately. Once you get rid of the little suckers, prevent by treating monthly with whatever your vet recomments. Good luck.
    We brought our kitty to the groomers for a flea dip and Frontline and while he was out, I bombed the house. We still deal with fleas though. Haven't figured out how to rid our home of fleas for good.
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    we had to put fumigating bombs in all the rooms to kill the fleas in the carpets...obviously you have to take your pets elsewhere while u do this =)