• 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    jweidner33 hahah, smart man.
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HRM

Everyone does it different. Angry sex is probably more calorie burning than just everyday/ho-hum boring sex lol. Just like missionary is probably less calories than something a little more wild.

LOL at ho-hum boring sex!!!!!!!!! thank goodness i dont know what that is hahahaha :)
  • lovelee79
    Options
    Bump- Oh I love this !! and my hubby would like to know too LOL !:love:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    depends if you're on top or not :bigsmile:
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump- Oh I love this !! and my hubby would like to know too LOL !:love:

Give it a try & report back! Use the HRM-- tell him he's helping a scientific cause.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    HRM

Everyone does it different. Angry sex is probably more calorie burning than just everyday/ho-hum boring sex lol. Just like missionary is probably less calories than something a little more wild.

LOL at ho-hum boring sex!!!!!!!!! thank goodness i dont know what that is hahahaha :)

^^ ditto!
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options
    here is the answer from a different thread.....................

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

Too funny, had me laughing to the point of tears. I don't understand why sex isn't in the data base. I mean they have housework in there.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    i've attempted to figure this out a few times, but my husband just wasn't into me...[edited]

I think you guys may have been doing it wrong...:bigsmile:
  • PogoPalOj
    Options
    I don't think anyone can really tell... There are so many interesting ways...;) It sure is fun tho.
    Jenn
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    How did I know I'd find half of my MFP friends in this thread. Goes to show the kind of people I hang around with...

THE AWESOME KIND! :drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Wrestling :smokin: Then just put how many minutes you "wrestled"
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Its actually kind of fun if you seriously discuss it with your significant other before hand and make it an "exercising" moment.

For example, men can do some great strength training (work those calfs, lower back, legs, hamstrings etc) with a little creative holding and lifting

Woman can get a lot of good hamstring, their butt, and ab work by creatively engaging from the top position.

There is an awesome way of basically getting a row machine work out but yeah... Im getting too borderline graphic and dont want this flagged !
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Here try this link. A friend showed it to me once and I saved it lol.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I like this one! I'll have to get a HRM. Thanks all :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ok.... so deal is, you gotta wear your HRM because it is ALL about the heart rate. Now if you are just laying there....then how much different is that from just sitting in a chair........those are just BMR calories and not worth logging!

But what if you are um - doing more vigorous stuff...(imagining now....) well I can tell you that your heart rate and calorie burn will all depend on this..

Vigorously cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen floor will only burn you an extra 2-4 calories per minute.........

how long can you scrub is the real question?!?! Purely a math question!

;-)
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Reverse Cowgirl anyone...
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've attempted to figure this out a few times, but my husband just wasn't into me wearing my BodyMedia so i could check the burn. he said it made him feel like a lab experiment! whatever...

I would be happy to donate my body for lab experiments if this was the experiments we were doing lol.
    Reverse Cowgirl anyone...

does MFP show calories burned on a mechanical bull? Should be about the same? lol

This thread has had me giggling at my desk.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    OMG! So NAUGHTY!

It's a lot less than you think.

That's why I don't bother! lol
    I'd rather glide.
  • curvy_ca_mama
    Options
    Hey, I think you're on to something! :)
  • curvy_ca_mama
    Options
    Wrestling :smokin: Then just put how many minutes you "wrestled"

I think you're on to something! Wrestling, that's it, that's the ticket!! LOL