C25K week 6

Hello again everyone.

First of all I'd like to say a HUGE well done to those of you that have done the 20 minute run. I hope you are very proud of yourselves! Unfortunately, I haven't had chance to go for my 20 minute run (it's scheduled for tomorrow) because of sickness and work, but because of your successes, I can't wait to get out there and see if I can do it!!

Anyway, on to week 6...

THE RULES:

DAY 1:

- Brisk walk 5 mins (warm up)

- Jog 5 mins
- Walk 3 mins
- Jog 8 mins
- Walk 3 mins
- Jog 5 mins

- Walk 5 mins (cool down)

DAY 2:

- Jog 10 mins
- Walk 3 mins
- Jog 10 mins

DAY 3:

- Jog 25 mins

If you can do week 5, you can do week 6!

Replies

• Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    lol- Im stuck on week 6, keep repeating days 1 & 2 then just think I can never do day 3-I did do 20 minutes without stopping once though , did feel like I was going to die after it mind you !!!

I might push myself and try and do it this weekend xx
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    good luck everyone.... just completing week 1.... im thinking of doubling my weeks not sure yet.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Not to be contradictory, but Week 6 is just a 22min run on run 3, the 25min runs start in week 7.
    Don't be scared of the longer runs! I jumped right into 23min runs this week and it's been great! :D
    Katie-definitely repeat weeks if you feel the need! Or you could always try the next week and if you don't feel ready, go back to the previous one.
    Good luck all!!! :) We are all past the halfway mark now!!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Not to be contradictory, but Week 6 is just a 22min run on run 3, the 25min runs start in week 7.
    Don't be scared of the longer runs! I jumped right into 23min runs this week and it's been great! :D
    Katie-definitely repeat weeks if you feel the need! Or you could always try the next week and if you don't feel ready, go back to the previous one.

Thats great advice... i will take it.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    The biggest challenge of getting through this program is the mental challenge.
    Anyone can complete this challenge. It's just a matter of breaking down the mental barriers that hold people back.
    Remember, the difference between CAN and CAN'T is just one lousy letter.
  • Play_outside
    Thats great advice... i will take it.

That's the great thing about the C25K, they advocate doing it at your own pace (check out coolrunnings.com). And you may surprise yourself! The first week I sort of thought I'd die just running one minute at a time-and I have a lot of extra weight. It amazes me that I can run so much more than that, and I am super stoked to be able to run even more in the near(ish) future! :) Just listen to your body! Good luck!
  • Weirdly I found week 6 day 1 harder than the 20 minute run! I was really shocked. I am not sure why: I think I may have been over confident and started off too fast because running for 5-8-5 seemed so easy after 20 mins.I've also had a bit of a tummy upset. But man I found it tough this morning! My legs were like lead and I was much more out of breath than usual. Anyone else had the same?
  • Hope you are feeling better soon!

You're right - sorry everyone, it is 22 minutes not 25!!

• emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    I am a C25K grad,but due to a illness i had to stop running for 5 weeks :( just beginning again my walking routine then to running,I'm not sure if i should start from the beginning of c25k or go right to week 8?? any thoughts.
    elaine ty
  • The biggest challenge of getting through this program is the mental challenge.
    Anyone can complete this challenge. It's just a matter of breaking down the mental barriers that hold people back.
    Remember, the difference between CAN and CAN'T is just one lousy letter.

I have found this to be very true.
    My body ( knock on wood ) has been very accommodating so far but it is my mind that says "oh wow, we can't do that" or "ugh there is no freaking way".
    Once I crossed over that 5min and then the 10 min barrier, my can tell my thoughts have changed to "i want to see how far i can go today" and "i am doing this".

Keep pushing forward everyone - we are doing amazing and I can't speak for anyone else but I am kind of having fun.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Woo hoo!! Week 6!
  • Hey everyone!
    Actually looking forward to Week 6!
    How is THAT for a change of perspective!!?...lol.

Honestly, I hoped I would make it this far but figured realistically I would have to repeat some wks.
    Almost had myself talked into repeating Week 4 b/c I was dreading Week 5. Did surprisingly well though and that helped my confidence A LOT.
    So far, I have been able to keep up ( knocking on wood here ) and we are ever closer to the goal of Week 9.
    I know you are all pleased with your progress as well.
    So proud of all of you and happy we are doing it together.
    Thanks for the weekly threads, Fit.
    You have made it easy to follow along and stay on track ( that is really something b/c I usually get lost in the COMMUNITY maze).

Fit, I hope you are feeling better. You have done amazing this week even while you didn't feel 100%.
    You are a great leader.
    I look forward to reading about how you ALL are doing...YES even if you struggled. Even if you rocked it out of the park too.
    I like to read about you pushing yourself or backing off to avoid fatigue or injury.

I look forward to posting about how we are making it happen here also.
    Thanks for everyone's encouraging comments!!

Keep pushing forward...
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Just finished W6D1! I did NOT like where the hills came!
  • bump
  • Play_outside
    Woo! I intended to run 25 minutes tonight, but ran 30 instead!! I did 3.5km in that 30 minutes (have been doing 2.7 in 23minutes when I ran my other 3 times this week). I didn't mean to do so much extra in distance but I was running on a treadmill (AWFUL!) and I didn't realize it was in miles haha! Oops! Anyway, it went well. I will tone it back for the rest of this week though.

Hope the end of week 5/beginning of week 6 went well for everyone! :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Completed W6D1 yesterday - a dawn run! Loved it!!
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Week 6 Day 1 done. I started out too quick I think-thinking 'it's only 5 min' and had to back it down a little. I usually run/walk 2 miles but did 2.5 miles today and really noticed the difference in my calorie burn. My application does say 25 min for the 3rd segment, so I am going to keep on track with that.
  • Completed day 1 today. I love how I'm not stressing out about the intervals anymore. I the beginning I would worry so much about the 3 or 5 minute runs. Today, armed with the knowledge that I ran 20 minutes last week, running 18 minutes (broken down into intervals, to boot) was not nerve wrecking at all! My last run was uphill though and that was difficult.