Not weight related but....

Options
I finally have an interview lined up! I have been out of permanent work since last May. I was lucky to be placed at a great place by a temp agency. The contract was originally only supposed to be 2 months but it was extended to 5 months, so I was able to get through the holidays. I have been saving like crazy because even though I have still been applying for jobs, I had not recieved ANY calls. The last interview I had was at a person's home office. She had a large venue with a separate office away from her house. I showed up and waited for 45 minutes. She didn't ever show up!! I left when I started to feel like I was tresspassing...

Well, the person I was working with in my temp job got promoted! They listed her position and over 600 people applied (including me).

I got the sign today that they are going to interview me. I'm so excited because being out of permanent work has really got me down. I hate not knowing how long I am going to be employed...I suffered from depression for about 3 months after being laid off. While the temp agency was able to place me quickly before, I don't think I will get that lucky again. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard when this is the first interview I've had in 5 months after applying for over 100 jobs. This job would be a god-send. It's only 3 miles from my house, pays more than I've ever made, the people are great, the benefits are incredible, they are not affected by the economy, and to top it off they have a gym onsite.

Please wish me luck, send good thoughts, pray, that I get this job. I know I am up against some really stiff competition but I would like to think that I want it more than anyone else.

Replies

• Cerabell18
    Options
    I finally have an interview lined up! I have been out of permanent work since last May. I was lucky to be placed at a great place by a temp agency. The contract was originally only supposed to be 2 months but it was extended to 5 months, so I was able to get through the holidays. I have been saving like crazy because even though I have still been applying for jobs, I had not recieved ANY calls. The last interview I had was at a person's home office. She had a large venue with a separate office away from her house. I showed up and waited for 45 minutes. She didn't ever show up!! I left when I started to feel like I was tresspassing...

Well, the person I was working with in my temp job got promoted! They listed her position and over 600 people applied (including me).

I got the sign today that they are going to interview me. I'm so excited because being out of permanent work has really got me down. I hate not knowing how long I am going to be employed...I suffered from depression for about 3 months after being laid off. While the temp agency was able to place me quickly before, I don't think I will get that lucky again. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard when this is the first interview I've had in 5 months after applying for over 100 jobs. This job would be a god-send. It's only 3 miles from my house, pays more than I've ever made, the people are great, the benefits are incredible, they are not affected by the economy, and to top it off they have a gym onsite.

Please wish me luck, send good thoughts, pray, that I get this job. I know I am up against some really stiff competition but I would like to think that I want it more than anyone else.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and I hope it works out for you!

I'm sad because I just heard that my sister got a layoff notice today. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for both of you.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    :drinker: Good Luck. I know exactly how you feel. I have also been out of work since May. I have three kids, a college degree and no luck. I am still looking. I wish you the best on your interview. Try not to be too nervous.

:happy: Shelly
  • chelseachick
    Options
    good luck

prepare for the interview...my free advice is...
    look at what they are looking for and note a few key points down for each item that way when they ask - you'll have a few things that are top of mind
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    good luck and I will pray for you.
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you :wink:
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    Thank you all, I really appreciate it! I'm really thankful for even the opportunity of being considered for this job and also for MFP for being so supportive.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    :happy: I'm so glad you chose to share other important BIG success stories with us. Your genuine candidness of fear, anxiety, and your belief in yourself to overcome both is awesome!!!! My best to you. And strong thoughts of support in your job interview. Keep going. Keep us posted. You're not alone. Thank you for sharing a non weight related success story with us. :flowerforyou: Go for it!!
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    My interview is in 20 minutes....nervous!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep us posted!!
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep us posted!!

I had my interview and was told that it went really well. I won't hear anything further on it until the end of the week but I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hope you get good news!! Fingers are crossed!!!:flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us posted. Wishing you the best. :happy:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and think positive!!!
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    I found out today that I made it through to the second interview!! I think only 2 people did (one other person and me). I also found out that I was incorrect before. Over 700 people applied for the job...I made it to the final two. I can't wait to show them why they should hire me!!

I saw on the schedule that they blocked off times for interviews and I hadn't heard anything so I prayed really hard and less than an hour later I got a call.

Thank you all for your support! I know your positive thoughts helped!
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    Good luck!
  • will4change
    Options
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    I have my second interview in 30 minutes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!