Attn parents - Christmas

Options
124»

Replies

• rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My boys are 5 and 3. The oldest will be 6 a week after Thanksgiving and I've been toying with getting him the LeapPad as he already has the Explorer and tons of games for it. They are both hugely into anything super hero so I will probably get them some action figures. Oh and I love super hero dress up idea another MFP'er posted about buying costumes after Halloween. Think I will have to use that idea!

For those of you buying Legos, BEWARE! They multiply like rabbits. We must have a 1000 or more and I'm sure those are just the ones we can see!

Last year I made them a Lego table. I bought a cheap end table at the store and then super glued one of the large base plates to it. They loved it once they figured out what it was for! =) May make them a coffee table one this year so they have more room.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    A lump of coal...

My mother-in-law got this for my middle daughter about 4 years ago because she "peeked" at some Webkins in a closet & now my daughter dreads Christmas EVERY YEAR!! Yeah, thanks a lot b*tch!!! My daughter is 11 now & thinks she's going to get coal from St. Nick & Santa (same guy?!?) & it brings tears to my eyes every single year. Not quite the way you want to teach a kid a lesson!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    A lump of coal...

My mother-in-law got this for my middle daughter about 4 years ago because she "peeked" at some Webkins in a closet & now my daughter dreads Christmas EVERY YEAR!! Yeah, thanks a lot b*tch!!! My daughter is 11 now & thinks she's going to get coal from St. Nick & Santa (same guy?!?) & it brings tears to my eyes every single year. Not quite the way you want to teach a kid a lesson!

Lol I would never give my kids a lump of coal, it's called a joke :) If my kids peeked at their presents, which they know better not to, they will get a lesson to never do that again. This year I am gonna buy them a computer. They never play with their toys and they can stop bothering me to use mine.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    My six year old son is getting a DSi XL and two games to go with it, Skylanders for the Wii, the Imaginext Castle Set (with most of the accessories). He'll also probably get some books and clothes and maybe a few movies.

My four year old is getting a Leapster Explorer 2 and two games, the Imaginext Batcave set (with accessories), the Thomas the Tank Engine that shoots steam and has a remote control, and some Hot Wheels Wall Tracks and probably clothes and books as well.

My husband (third child lol) is getting a PS3 and some games to go with it.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Oldest Boy (15) - Playstation, games, MP3 Player, Tickets
    Oldest Girl(14) - Tablet, TV, DVD player
    Second Boy - (11) Remote Control cars, TV, DVD Player
    Second Girl (11) - Camera, TV, DVD Player
    Third Girl (10) - Camera, TV, DVD Player
    Youngest Girl (8) - Video camera, TV, DVD Player

They will also get a grip of clothes, and their grandparents buy them about 3 gifts each, from each grandparent, my kids make out for christmas. They will also get games for the family to play together, that's always a tuff one, finding something that appeals to all of us....

I sure miss when my kids were little and less expensive, we have to save all year for christmas.

Wow that they have very generous parents! No wonder you have to save all year! Do you fancy adopting a 30 year old? I'd like a tablet, tv and DVD player!! :laugh:

On the good side, no one will be arguing over who gets to watch what on tv. On the other side, the kids will spend the majority of their time in their room.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My daughter is getting the Nook Color or Kindle Fire and a 4 day trip to Great Wolf Lodge :)

edit: she is 11
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    A lump of coal...

Maybe it's time to clue her in that there IS no Santa (and yes, St. Nick is another name for Santa). At 11, I would have though she'd already know.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    demotivational-posters-lego.jpg
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    demotivational-posters-lego.jpg

This sums it up.. and why I no longer buy legos. Thankfully, my boys aren't really into them.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My youngest son...6... loves arts and crafts (like Mommy) Last Christmas, my special gift to him was a huge Craft Box... I bought a rubbermaid tote that fits under his bed and went to the Dollarama and filled it wil all sorts of wonderful things...a low temp glue gun...paper, stickers, foam letters, stamps, markers, google eyes, pom-poms, pipe cleaners... He Loved it and we still use it all the time!!!

My oldest son...8... has taken an interest in Geology...so we have ordered a bunch of neat rock specimens from Ebay and are going to make up some kinda "kit" for him this year.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Girl 15 : IPAD or tablet
    Boy 13: same lol

Boy 3: everything on the commercials!! lol!!! Def super hero stuff though!!
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My two kiddos, 11 & 13 want electronics, electronics & more electronics! :grumble:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at one of the these for my kids. Anyone have experience with an Android tablet, or this site? I've never bought from them before.. but if the product, price and site are on the up and up I may be buying my first Christmas present.

http://www.everbuying.com/product200101.html
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    All of my nieces and nephews will be getting cash to buy whatever they want!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 1/2 and I have already gotten him some Melissa & Doug play food, as he loves to cook. I also purchased some learning games. I am excited that he is nearing 3 and will actually be more interested in playing games with me.
    I think his big gift will be a ride on Power Wheel type toy. I am also considering one of the learning type tablets that they have for preschoolers.

I definitely go overboard. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I love showing others how much I love them by gift giving. My husband is serving overseas in Korea right now and this will be my son's first Christmas without daddy. I really want to do all that I can to make it special for him!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    A lump of coal...

Lol I would never give my kids a lump of coal, it's called a joke :) If my kids peeked at their presents, which they know better not to, they will get a lesson to never do that again. This year I am gonna buy them a computer. They never play with their toys and they can stop bothering me to use mine.

I'm sorry this came across wrong, I didn't mean anything towards you, I knew you were saying it as a joke. I was just posting a story of when my child received coal, that's all. Also...yes, my child knows there is no Santa at the age of 11, but I also have a 7 year old that still believes so we still play that whole Santa story. Didn't mean to relay the story in that way....I guess my typing didn't portray my tone.....weird, huh???