Clogged Toilet! Please help if you can!

Options
13»

Replies

• Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Someone said...

Check inside the tank. Sounds like maybe the chain is broken or stretched. If it was plugged, the bowl would fill up and it would overflow.

I checked and the chain definitely isn't broken & it doesn't look like it's stretched either.

Thanks so much for all the helpful suggestions everyone! I really appreciate it! Hopefully at least one of these ideas will work.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    lololol-1.jpg
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to fix my clogged toilet all morning & it's really frustrating because nothing I've tried seems to help!

When I try to flush, the flushing sounds normal just like it always does yet the water level itself doesn't seem to budge so obviously there is some sort of clog going on. I've tried plunging repeatedly yet the water level still doesn't budge & even liquid Drano doesn't seem to be fixing it! Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Well I must stick with generic MFP answers... Have you tried to get more fiber in your diet.

Actually Dad owns a plumbing business. If your stool flushes but the water level doesn't really go down here is 99 times the issue.

There is a bigger hole in the bottom of the toilet. You need to take a piece of wire and jam into there and break any calcium deposits and stuff out of it.. Then around the bottom of the rim of the toilet is little holes, you need to make sure there is nothing blocking those as well, take a small piece of wire and clean them out as well.

If those are free of build up and you are still having issues it's most likely a problem with the flow value in the back of the tank.
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Luchese said...

DO you have kids? If so I'd guess one of them used the toilet as a hiding spot or garbage can. My little brother @ 2 or 3 flushed his underwear and clogged the toilet way down. My nephew put a bottle full of bubbles down the toilet not long ago too...LOL the things little ones do.....

I have only one child who is a teenager so I'm pretty confident that she didn't put underwear, toys or any other kind of foreign object down the toilet. However, we just a few days ago moved to this apartment. So, it's possible that the last tenants might have put something like that in there.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    You're doing it wrong.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You are washing your hands good before touching whatever you're touching to MFP, right?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    boil water. pour in bowl. most of the time that will force through any clog. if not, you mention that you're in an apartment, call the super.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    cut down to one sheet...
    :laugh: and -0- friends
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    bigaussiepotato.png

Best to do ones that big outside.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    1.) Eat more fat.

2.) Just because it's football season doesn't mean you need to wipe with one.