Has anyone heard of . . .

Options
a high enema? Kind of a gross topic but I was reading online about digestive issues and came across an article that talks about people having a huge amount of "old" feces in the intestines and colon. OK, that would make sense, but is a "high enama" safe? Is it something that people with intestinal/digestive issues should do??? It sounds a little over the top for me, but wonder if there is any validity to be doing something like that.

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I know someone that has: http://tinyurl.com/3knpgrd
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Have a doctor do it, it would be safe. You could also just eat some high probiotic yogurt... It's not a good thing to have old waste in your colon.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is the same thing as colon hydrotherapy but I did that once and lost 8 pounds of gunk. You are supposed to do it a minimum of 3 times to get fully through the intestines, at least that is what I remember them telling me. It is not the cheapest nor most pleasant experiences but I do believe it is a good thing to do now and again to cleanse your system.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Not sure, maybe you chould check with the guy on the Toilet Thread.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know but it sounds like an absolutely delightful experience! :flowerforyou:
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    You're doing it wrong
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I always thought your intestines were smooth -- unless you're having medical issues. So any poop that is in there will come out eventually. I don't get the whole enema thing honestly.
  • Christinne8
    Options
    A friend of mine had went to the hospital to have her colin cleaned out. She did it just before she started working out again. Her member name is Trish1800. You should look her up as she knows more about this than I do.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If you want to "cleanse" save the money and what will be a disgusting experience and just eat fruit and veggies for a few days. That will do the trick!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd recommend doing it drunk, but high is probably ok too.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is the same thing as colon hydrotherapy but I did that once and lost 8 pounds of gunk.
    That's hot.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    OK, If you are going regularly, How can you possibly have "old" waste in there?
    If you have some other issues like folds in your intestinal tract that are catching stuff you may want to get checked and if hat is the case then you have bigger issues.

In other words, sounds like a load of crap to me....snake oil medicine.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The barium kind are not fun...
  • killagb
    Options
    The barium kind are not fun...
    Is there a fun kind?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you really think that cleaning poo from your colon is going to make you thinner? Even if you lose weight you are not going to lose fat or anything else that is noticable.
  • killagb
    Options
    OK, If you are going regularly, How can you possibly have "old" waste in there?
    If you have some other issues like folds in your intestinal tract that are catching stuff you may want to get checked and if hat is the case then you have bigger issues.

In other words, sounds like a load of crap to me....snake oil medicine.
    Maybe she's a poo hoarder.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    it all sounds like BS. If you had OLD organic waste in your guts, wouldn't your insides be rotting by now? Wouldn't you be dying of septic shock?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to tell everyone that KFC works wonders for cleaning you out, and it's a much more enjoyable experience!!! Zero calorie food when it takes out more than it put in, and in half the time!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I swallowed 3.78$ one time.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    (waiting for the John Wayne reference)