Has anyone heard of . . .

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you want to "cleanse" save the money and what will be a disgusting experience and just eat fruit and veggies for a few days. That will do the trick!

Or drink prune juice every day. I decided to drink a small glass of prune juice everyday after the blood bank turned me away due to low iron count. On day 3 I had to call in late to work because I was "cleansing" so much.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to tell everyone that KFC works wonders for cleaning you out, and it's a much more enjoyable experience!!! Zero calorie food when it takes out more than it put in, and in half the time!
    Even better: Taco Bell
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to tell everyone that KFC works wonders for cleaning you out, and it's a much more enjoyable experience!!! Zero calorie food when it takes out more than it put in, and in half the time!
    Even better: Taco Bell

Much better: Indian buffet
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you want to "cleanse" save the money and what will be a disgusting experience and just eat fruit and veggies for a few days. That will do the trick!

Agreed! I personally don't believe that there's any "build up" in your colon. Dr. Oz says first in, first out.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just get too backed up, and nothing you eat or drink will help. Not even OTC meds helped. Trust me - I had to go to Urgent Care a few weeks ago. 2nd most painful and uncomfortable experience ever, 2nd only to having an infected tooth and needing a root canal.

ANYWAY there are some great medicines that don't require resorting to enemas. I forget what they gave me, but it was a syrup I had a couple times a day and within 12 hours was feeling so much better. Hopefully you are not just doing this to lose weight, though.

Sorry for the TMI...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think I saw Steve-O do one on *kitten* once . . . didn't seem pleasant then, doesn't seem pleasant now. Eat some beans.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just get too backed up, and nothing you eat or drink will help. Not even OTC meds helped. Trust me - I had to go to Urgent Care a few weeks ago. 2nd most painful and uncomfortable experience ever, 2nd only to having an infected tooth and needing a root canal.

ANYWAY there are some great medicines that don't require resorting to enemas. I forget what they gave me, but it was a syrup I had a couple times a day and within 12 hours was feeling so much better. Hopefully you are not just doing this to lose weight, though.

Sorry for the TMI...

Kind of proves my point. If someone really has an issue like this, they KNOW about it. There's no reason for a perfectly healthy person to go and get an enema. If you have medical issues that's a different story.

To OP, you don't have to have an enema, there is some kind of liquid med that will basically do the same thing.
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    Seriously, you can have old waste in you bowels. Not normal but is very painful if not taken care of. If you are have a problem, go to your local walmart and get acidophilus. It is recommended by doctors. Normally you take one or two a day, but can take four til the problem is gone. Don't recommend old home remides, they don't sound safe and I'm sure they won't work
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    it all sounds like BS. If you had OLD organic waste in your guts, wouldn't your insides be rotting by now? Wouldn't you be dying of septic shock?
    Stop using logic!:laugh:
  • monikajj
    Options
    Drink 32 ounces of water or more first thing in the morning, every morning. You will feel great.

Look up "vitamin C flush" and learn about candida/yeast overgrowth.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Sorry for the TMI...

the OP doesn't say anything about problems like these though. It's asking about an enema to get rid of "old" feces that everyone supposedly has trapped in them.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you can have old waste in you bowels. Not normal but is very painful if not taken care of. If you are have a problem, go to your local walmart and get acidophilus. It is recommended by doctors. Normally you take one or two a day, but can take four til the problem is gone. Don't recommend old home remides, they don't sound safe and I'm sure they won't work
    But that's just it... "Not normal but is very painful". If you have this problem you know something is wrong. You don't have to read an article to find out.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Sorry for the TMI...

Kind of proves my point. If someone really has an issue like this, they KNOW about it. There's no reason for a perfectly healthy person to go and get an enema. If you have medical issues that's a different story.

To OP, you don't have to have an enema, there is some kind of liquid med that will basically do the same thing.

Two words...Magnesium Citrate. $2.50 @ Walgreens
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    It is actually pretty interesting reading all of the responses; well, after you weed through the ignorance. Anyway, I have diverticulitous and other digestive problems. I am not thinking about an enema, I simply stated that I seen that article when I was researching digestive issues and thought I would ask the question. I am always looking for ways to deal with the issues naturally; physllium husk is one but it is like drinking sand.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Maybe she's a poo hoarder.

Hahahahaha....this cracked me up