124»

Replies

• blkbuity
    Options
    Heck Yeh It's possible!:wink:
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If that were true no woman would ever have more than one child, right?

Women are more attractive than girls.
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your friend sounds like she is miserable and trying to drag you down the misery loves company road. If I were you, I would use her statement as motivation to prove her wrong in every way that I could.

I am a Mom of 2 beautiful children who were birthed by c-sections. I have lost 30 lbs since January and need to burn off the last layer of fat so my muscles show without flexing. I haven't looked this good in my entire life. It IS possible with hard work, commitment and determination. As you can see in my avatar, my abs are ripped for a 37 yo Mom.

You can do this! Go for it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I just had my second child. After my first child is the time I really got into the best shape of my life. I thought I looked great; I was actually using bathing suit pics of myself pre-second- pregnancy for inspiration. However, I was having a conversation w my best friend earlier and we were discussing a mutual friend of ours weight loss. During this discussion she said that after I had my first child I never looked as thin or as "good" as I did pre-pregnancy. This quite frankly shocked me because I had lost all the baby weight plus 20lbs with in 9 months,no saggy skin or anything. (113lbs) She said once you have a kid, you cant possibly ever be thin enough again or look as attractive as you did pre-pregnancy; you will always look as if you have given birth. She said, I looked good for having a kid and now with my second, I look like I've had two kids. Is it possible to be a mom and have others perceive you as looking good period; not merely looking good w having 2 kids?

I guess I am stretching for inspiration, because I was restricted from exercising during my pregnancy (because of medical complications) and gained a TON of weight; I still have a ways to go, but an trucking along. What is your opinion?
    There are many Figure and Fitness competitors (some on here too) that have had a couple of kids and are total MILFs.
    Jealousy rears it's ugly head when good things happen to people. Your friend is just trying to keep you down so you don't make her look bad. Seen it a million times.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There was a 50ish year old woman in the Figure Olympia competition this year. Her Daughter won the Bikini Olympia competition this year. Even at her age with grown children, she looked amazing! Better, in my opinion, then some of her younger counterparts. So tell your friend that just because SHE doesn't have the determination to look that good, doesn't mean it isn't possible.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have a four letter word in mind and rhymes with punt.

How do you know OP's friend is a runt?

;)
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hate to be so blunt, but I think your friend is a moron on this topic.

:)
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @BrewerGeorge: AWESOME COMMENT!!!! ROFL
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Your "friend" sounds like a jealous beotch. I am several friends on MFP who have had 2-3 kids and are hot as could be.