Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Options

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Totally agree with LOTR and Cassablanca. :yawn:

I also thought Napoleon Dynamite was reallllllly stupid! :indifferent:

:noway: Shannon....what??? :noway: I guess we won't be having a girls night watching LOTR...:brokenheart: :cry: Guess, Anna and I will just enjoy the movie and beverages...:laugh:

I'll watch anything as long as there is good beverages, and popcorn.:bigsmile:

Hey, I'll supply the beverages and popcorn...you bring a couple of those cowboys with ya...:bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Anything they thought they need to make more than two sequils. Rocky, Holloween, Friday the 13th ect.

Isn't there yet another Friday 13th coming out soon?
    Yes, I believe it is a remake of the original :laugh: guy and I are horror buffs, huge fans but seriously, you'd think the Halloween flop of aremake would have taught them something!
  • twiceasmnystars
    twiceasmnystars Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite,
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll add Titanic too.

Was only good the last 20 minutes.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Die Hard! I think only men that love those movies. My husband can watch them over and over and over again.

And anything with Chuck Norris. That guy bugs me, LOL.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    Napolean Dynamite WAS HORRIBLE
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Totally agree with LOTR and Cassablanca. :yawn:

I also thought Napoleon Dynamite was reallllllly stupid! :indifferent:

DTM. :angry:

Just like the line from your favorite movie, "you just don't know how to quit me." :blushing: :smooched:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'll add Titanic too.

I agree. That movie is way to long. I also didn't like the new Sisterhood movie. Nothing happened, and the ending sucked.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    agree with you on every one of those! :laugh: I also have to add the Rocky series to the list (at the risk of being disowned by my fiance) those movies are pretty awful.

I TOTALLY agree with Rocky!!! Good call!

The Rocky flicks were entertaining and were never built up to be the "greastest of all time" like the ones I listed. Therefore, they aren't "overrated".

So let it be written, so let it be done.
    Oh Max, you are wrong on 2 accounts here. 1) The Rocky films are NOT entertaining. and 2) In my house, they are absolutely built up to be the greatest movies of all time.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Napolean Dynamite WAS HORRIBLE

Napoleon Dynamite was only funny it you were in highschool at the time it came out. I've talked to people older and younger than that, and no one else liked it but highschool kids.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I'll add Titanic too.

I agree. That movie is way to long. I also didn't like the new Sisterhood movie. Nothing happened, and the ending sucked.

I was excited to see Pearl Harbor before it was released, but then heard it was Titanic-esque and mostly just a drippy love story :grumble: so I never saw it. :grumble:
  • nickflora
    Options
    At the time, Star Wars and Ghostbusters were revolutionary. Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd and even Rick Moranis were comedy GOLD in the 80's. I watched a ton as a kid so I love them, but not sure if they'd hold up today.

As far as overrated goes, here's my list:

Top Gun
    Grease
    THE NOTEBOOK

and most recently:

Gran Torinio. (what a laughable movie. SO overacted, overhyped, and over the top.)
  • bonniejo
    Options
    I'll add Titanic too.

But was the Sisterhood touted as being great?

We're not looking for movies that sucked and the rest of the world agrees. We're discussing "overrated" movies. There's a difference.

In college, it's overrated. Everyone says that movie is so great. What is overrated totally depends on where you live and everything. Here no one has seen Casablanca, and wouldn't call it overrated!