I only lost 11 pounds in 6 months... (with pics)

Options
13»

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Wow that side by side is awesome!

I agree you dont' need to lose anymore - you're at the point where the only real difference you'd see would be like, additional muscle definition, and most people don't want to be that ripped.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look great. Thanks for the tips.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring results :) thanks for sharing. Quick question- when you stuck to 1500 calories / day was that including exercise calories? Or did you ignore the "eat your exercise calories" advice?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring results :) thanks for sharing. Quick question- when you stuck to 1500 calories / day was that including exercise calories? Or did you ignore the "eat your exercise calories" advice?

LorinaLynn? Not eat her exercise calories? Surely you jest!

(PS - eat them, they are awesome - I just dragged my lazy boyfriend out for a run JUST so I could eat more today.)
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You look great in BOTH photos, but Im glad to hear you have found EVEN better health and feel better overall. Very inspiring!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I always ate most of them. Some days, I fell short, some days, I went over. But they were always part of the plan.

I also never shunned carbs. Most days, I have an Asiago Cheese Bagel for breakfast. I have rice or pasta daily. Love pizza. Love garlic bread. I think I can count the number of times I've had a salad as a meal on one hand.

I did notice a huge shift when I started eating more protein. I never limited carbs or fat, but I aimed to go over on protein... at least 100g a day, which is close to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. I had more energy, and felt stronger. I was able to do pushups from the toes instead of knees, run faster and longer, and noticed a bigger change in my body composition.

Anyone in doubt of whether or not to eat them should really check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381523--3-support-group-for-women-eating-2000-calories-per-day-3 These women work hard, play hard, eat like hungry men... and look incredible.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You look great! And are yet another reason I care less about the number on tha scale that other indicators!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. It does help for those people who are soooo close to their goal weight. You have made excellent points. 11 lb on a 113 lb frame is almost 10% of your body weight. I think no matter what size you are, 10% body weight is a big difference. That is why it is usually peoples first big goal.

Keep up the good work ,and thanks again for sharing.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I love your somewhat relaxed attitude for losing weight! I maintain that you don't have to give up all the things you love in order to be healthier; you just can't have everything you want all of the time. Great post!
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk. You look great!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Smacks forehead!! If I would've read your signature I'd have known this! Thanks for the link to the thread - it feels psychologically healthier to work from a higher base #.... thanks also for the protein tip. :)

I always ate most of them. Some days, I fell short, some days, I went over. But they were always part of the plan.

I also never shunned carbs. Most days, I have an Asiago Cheese Bagel for breakfast. I have rice or pasta daily. Love pizza. Love garlic bread. I think I can count the number of times I've had a salad as a meal on one hand.

I did notice a huge shift when I started eating more protein. I never limited carbs or fat, but I aimed to go over on protein... at least 100g a day, which is close to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. I had more energy, and felt stronger. I was able to do pushups from the toes instead of knees, run faster and longer, and noticed a bigger change in my body composition.

Anyone in doubt of whether or not to eat them should really check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381523--3-support-group-for-women-eating-2000-calories-per-day-3 These women work hard, play hard, eat like hungry men... and look incredible.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i love that swimming costume
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    there r some ppl on MFP I come across again n again, and u r one of those, i have read ur post many times.

every time its inspiring!
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and I definitely can see a difference!
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your success story and what worked for you!
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You always have great points ;) Thanks
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Good God woman look at those abs! Totally jealous.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation! Job well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!