Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Wow! Thats really beautiful!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    there is an AWESOME website out there called www.weddingbee.com they are absolutely fabulous when it comes to ideas and stuff;)

Now though, dont focus on the wedding, focus on the marriage:) There is nothing wrong with a small ceremony:)

good luck!
    Ronney
  • firstof8
    firstof8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YOU can do it! You can do anything you set your mind to!

And yes it is possible!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is certainly doable if you are commited and stay focused. The wedding is yours and you should do what you want. Hopefully it is the the only wedding you'll have (unless perhaps you renew your vows in 50 years) so do what makes you happy.
  • dedicated2010
    Options
    Yes you can...6 months is a lot of time if you stay dedicated. You should lose the weight to be healthy and ready for a long fun filled life not for the wedding. You can get there for the wedding but you wont keep it if that is your reason for dropping the weight. I struggled with my weight and working out has made me such a better mom and wife. I am happier and have more energy. YOu can do this. Add me as a friend if you want more accountability and support. Lets do this I would love to see your progress.:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next week. We had a quickie quiet courthouse wedding, with just our parents and his best friend, took photos in the riverside park by the courthouse, then went to Chilis (where we had our first date) for dinner and margaritas, and to my house for ice cream cake.

And it. was. perfect! :heart:

Before that, we'd try to plan a wedding, and my husband said some words that melted my heart. "Do what you want. I don't care about the wedding. I care about the next 60 years with you."

The wedding should be meaningful to you. All that matters is that you're announcing to the world that you two will spend the rest of your lives together. You don't have to go into debt or put on a huge event. If having your family nearby celebrate it with you is what's most important (well, second-most-important after your husband!) the rest doesn't matter.

I didn't have an engagement ring, either. I didn't want one. He wanted to get me one, but we needed a kitchen remodel a lot more. I joke that I got an engagement dishwasher! :laugh:

I thought of doing a vow renewal, because I do get wedding fever when my nieces got married or when I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" or "Four Weddings." But really... I can't justify the expense. I'm with the man I adore and that's all that really counts. My parents had a courthouse wedding and were together 55 years until death they did part.

Then you have the Kardashians... :wink: The wedding doesn't make the marriage. The couple makes the marriage.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

That said... the site Offbeat Bide (http://www.offbeatbride.com) has loads of amazing ideas for quirky, affordable, custom tailored to you and any budget weddings.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Looks beautiful!! Sounds like it could be perfect for you guys.

As far as the dress goes, work your *kitten* off, and you might be able to do it. In the mean time, take it to a seamstress(sp?) and see if the dress could be let out if it needed to be just in case. I would think you could get to at least a 16-18 by then, you could probably do a 14, but it would be really challenging.

I am currently 263 and a size 22. My 30th birthday is June 22nd, I'n hoping for onederland and a size 14/16 by then too. The way I have my goals set I *should* make it to about 190 by then, and hopefully that means a size 14, but I forget which weight is what.

I've got a 8mo old and a 2 year old, add me if you like :)
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Go for it! Fire up the metabolism and keep tracking food and I'm sure you stand a good chance. If not, I'm sure you can find another dress for next to nothing - worth it to have your wedding while your relatives are there.
    The most memorable and charming weddings I've been to have been the ones on a lower budget and your idea sounds fantastic.
    It's the couple and the guests that make a wedding. :-)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    We had a low-budget outdoor wedding and people still comment to me on it when I'm at weddings-- 7 years later! When you go cheap, you tend to be more creative and memorable!

As far as the dress-- it's beautiful and would be great motivation. But if it doesn't happen,,, one of my best friend's found a lovely wedding gown for $15 at a second-hand shop a few weeks before her budget wedding. I often see them when I go thrift-store shopping... you never know what you may find!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry I probably didn't make it clear, he absolutely does - we have talked about this together.. money stuff (2 kids and a house and him taking a paycut) has prevented the buying of a ring but he knows i want one, lol. He is a good man, if he didn't want to get married we just wouldn't be talking about it, for a long time neither of us particularly wanted to but I feel like I would like to and he says that although he doesnt think it necessary he sees its important to me so he wants to too.

I am excited by the challenge of having such a goal to work to but you're right, its not the end of the world if I don't quite make it to that particular dress
    I think your plans are perfect and you have the right attitude about the dress. Don't spend a lot of money on trying to lose the weight using a weight loss plan like Medifast or whatever. That defeats the purpose of having a simple wedding because you would be better off spending that money on the wedding.

Work towards your weight loss goal, but don't stress yourself about it. With so many other things that are stressful about a wedding, even one as simple as the one you are planning, you don't need to compound it by worrying about getting down to specific size.

As far as a ring, just buy a simple band for the both of you. You should be able to find a set of gold bands for a couple hundred or choose a metal like titanium and spend a lot less. I've been married for 23 years now and the ring I'm wearing is my third. I've traded up as life has gone on and we've had more money.

Best wishes and congratulations to the both of you!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'd be honored to be a guest! I love celebrating. Also, regarding your weight loss; commit to it, put the effort in and you will be successful. As far as the size - this is always the tricky part, at least for me, right now I fit into 3 different sizes depending on the style/type of item. To that I say - body shapewear is one of the best inventions ever. :laugh: I also recommend keeping an eye out for other options, you may find another dress for an amazing deal.