My Personal Challenge - Anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OK I just got off my butt and did 30 min. on my treadmill at an incline (don't know the percent it doesnt' say but as high as it will go for me) and at a 3.0. I said WHY sit here and search teh forums. Get your A** up and move. I feel great now. Hoping to do it in the AM also before I have to get ready.
  • hhawes
    Options
    Yes I am want to get under the 200 mark!
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Worked yesterday - and got to work 15 min. early so I very briskly walked around the parking lot 4 times - sure felt good!!
  • wiffe
    Options
    Got my butt up this AM and did a walk/run for 15. WOOHOO
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have contemplated getting up earlier to do some yoga, but I really want my sleep. For now, I'm taking my dog and we're going walking when I get home from work. We did 49 minutes today (1.6 miles according to an app on my phone). Tomorrow maybe I'll go further to up it to 2 miles. He's getting better at walking and less stopping to smell every tree, plant and patch of grass :)

Met goals for today, but did go over a little in calories--shouldn't have nibbled on a couple pieces of hard pretzel--that 30 calories put me over.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    karenmetfan...dogs are so funny with the sniffing lol!

I am on vactation this week and we hit the museum and walked all over ...then instead of drinking wine (which I would have done as soon as I got home from work cuz work sucks) I had some dinner and then hit the Treadmill! I then rewarded my self with a glass of wine but just one!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have contemplated getting up earlier to do some yoga, but I really want my sleep. For now, I'm taking my dog and we're going walking when I get home from work. We did 49 minutes today (1.6 miles according to an app on my phone). Tomorrow maybe I'll go further to up it to 2 miles. He's getting better at walking and less stopping to smell every tree, plant and patch of grass :)

I get up before 5.00 a.m. to take my German Shepherd for a walk each morning (its a bit more difficult taking him for a walk in the evenings, as he doesn't like most other dogs - which can make the walk interesting!).

I appreciated your comment about wantng your sleep. I am of the opinion that my blood-sugar levels are higher when I don't get enough sleep (preferably 7 hours). And I suspect that being tired may impact my weight loss as well (although I don't know why this would be the case)..
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Being tired makes me want to eat. I don't know why. The Halloween candy is gone now - I froze the chocolates for baking and the junk is tossed. I did have some today before it got tossed, but I still managed to stay under calories. I think fitting in a work out each day is going to be the hardest part of this challenge. I seem to need more hours in the day. I walked to and from work and to and from the bank today which was a total of 15 minutes so I made myself jump onto the excersize bike for 20 minutes. Now to get some homework done and go to bed.
  • Butterflywildgirl
    Options
    Hi there sometimes its hard to stay on track on weekends. I don't know what comes over me but when the weekend comes I usually fall off the wagon. I do really good during the week. So I guess I just need to stay motivated. I exercise on Saturday but I take sundays off.
    I have been pretty good about saying on my meal plan but as soon as Halloween came I went crazy with the candy! Now I just have to keep exercising and eating well. My goal is 20 lbs. :tongue:
  • rrgrove
    Options
    the fall/winter season seems to have alot of people backtracking including me im in. im going to aim for the 8 glasses of water a day and also 30 mins of working out everyday im not too worried about the weight for now just getting back on track
  • rrgrove
    Options
    the fall/winter season seems to have alot of people backtracking including me im in. im going to aim for the 8 glasses of water a day and also 30 mins of working out everyday im not too worried about the weight for now just getting back on track
  • I've been pretty slack so far messaging on here, i'm currently undergoing exams for the end of my uni year, I will be getting into everything 120% after exams which end on the 16th and losing that 2-5lbs I want!! :) Hope everyone is doing well :)
  • wiffe
    Options
    Got up again this AM and did 15 on the treadmil.
  • valerieottaviano
    valerieottaviano Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I need some motivating pals!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Just got up randomly and took the dog out for a 35 minute walk.. this is just a warm-up before the gym, but that's good enough for me!
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm in too girls! I log all my meals/workouts so would love help with motivation and advice and happy to give. Good luck ladies!

My goal is 4 sessions of swim/gym/class a week and 40-60 min walking a day.

Would love to lose 2lbs by end of month and hopefully 6lbs by Xmas.
  • stacyb521
    Options
    I am in! THis is only my second week and I was a little disappointment when i only lost a pound this past week. So I'm in for losing 2 pounds by the end of this month and exercising 4 time a week.

Thanks for the encouragement, I need a kick in the pants :)
  • Jennieam
    Options
    . im going to aim for the 8 glasses of water a day and also 30 mins of working out everyday im not too worried about the weight for now just getting back on track

I find the 8 glasses of water a day, very hard to accomplish. Having said that, I had 9 glasses of water yesterday - first time ever!

It has been very humid in Melbourne (Australia) recently, and seems likely to continue with more thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon.
  • Jennieam
    Options
    I am in! THis is only my second week and I was a little disappointment when i only lost a pound this past week. So I'm in for losing 2 pounds by the end of this month and exercising 4 time a week.

Thanks for the encouragement, I need a kick in the pants :)

Hi Stacyb521,

Don't be disappointed in losing a pound in the last week. If you keep this up, you will have lost over 50 pounds in a years time. Many of us on MFP (myself included) have lost weight in the past, and then put some of it back on.

Its really important to me that I don't do this again. If it takes a bit longer to lose weight, then that's OK.

Keep up the good work ...
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    . im going to aim for the 8 glasses of water a day and also 30 mins of working out everyday im not too worried about the weight for now just getting back on track

I find the 8 glasses of water a day, very hard to accomplish. Having said that, I had 9 glasses of water yesterday - first time ever!

It has been very humid in Melbourne (Australia) recently, and seems likely to continue with more thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon.

That's the easiest thing for me :) I was already a water drinker and carry a 1L water bottle to work with me (a big Sigg bottle) and I have another one that's not quite a liter that I have with dinner, plus another one that's about a half liter. If I just drink the 2 big ones, it's almost 9 cups, add the smaller one and it's more than 10. I also find that I drink most of it at night with dinner. The one I bring to work I almost finish by the time I'm home and if not, then I finish it with dinner.