My Personal Challenge - Anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Morning Yoga and a walk in today - ideally I need to actually workout, but I'm working my way back up to that! Keep it up everyone! We all have very realistic goals, there's no reason not to reach them.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    rest day today. I have an early meeting that I have to get to and church tonight.

KEEP GOING!!!
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No walk today--dentist after work. This will be my rest day and I'll do more on Friday. Under in calories for today too. Might nibble on some nuts so I'm not too under 'cause I know that's not good to do either.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the dentist karenmetfan.

It sounds as though everyone has a buys day. I've already taken my dog for a 25 minute walk. I want to take him out again (at least briefly) this evening, but need to take one of the cats to the vets for an antibiotic injection straight after work.

Now I think of it, trying to "catch the cat" could actually count as exercise. He doesn't like being caught. Sigh.
  • McHeather
    Options
    Ouch! I finally got up early to workout and did 30 day Shred yesterday. I'm hurting today. Before my backslide I could do it without feeling it the next day. This is my reminder to stay consistent!
  • Jennieam
    Options
    Ouch! I finally got up early to workout and did 30 day Shred yesterday.
    Well done. Great example to the rest of us!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    NEED TO LOOSE MORE THEN 2 LBS .BUT IM IN .@ 186,6
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    well so far at least the scale moved in the right direction...down .5 ...really need to watch the bad foods..its hard being on vacation. I am back on track today though... VEGGIES VEGGIES VEGGIES!

I guess the signature feature has been removed :mad: :noway:

132 by XMAS!!! COME ON MOTIVATION!

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE 2LBS OFF!

11/6 SW 137
    11/11 CW 136.5
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm most def. in! I need a group to keep my butt moving! I want to exercise at least 3-4x a week (as I start back up) and if I lost 2lbs by the end of the month that will be 126lbs for me. I want to increase my water intake as well!
  • hhawes
    Options
    I fell off but I am getting back into the habit of moving again.
  • hhawes
    Options
    [100 sit ups per day
    walk/job 1 mile and add to it each time]

I fell off but I am getting back into the habit of moving again.
    [/quote]
  • McHeather
    Options
    Lots of work today - lots of indulging today too. I went on a date with my husband and let myself order what I felt like having - and went over on calories. I was still at a deficit from maintenance so I'm not too worried. I was still very sore this morning so no strength workout but I did a long walk, and spent about 6 hours cleaning and organizing my basement so that counts for a burn too I think.

I hope everyone is doing well with this challenge. It's helped me to remember that I have goals in mind, so I do stop myself from eating too poorly, and it's gotten me moving again. Some days are easier than others - some moments are easier than others. I can't figure out why I can have the willpower to make good choices one time, then not the next. I try not to beat myself about it though because resisting half the time is better than giving in all the time.

Have a great Saturday Challengers and I'm looking forward to hearing how you all are doing!
  • Jennieam
    Options
    Jennieam SW 191.1 GW 186.7 Personal goal: break out of plateau, lose 2 kg
    Following McHeather's post, I checked my progress:

I've kept to my calorie intake during the last week, and improved my water intake (I'm not so good at that, but have appreciated the advice on how to improve it).

I've been consistent with my exercise. I do want to increase the intensity and that didn't happen this week - however I did exercise for much longer than usual yesterday (Saturday). I may have overdone it, however at the time I just had more stamina. :smile:

Weight: 86.1 kg (189.8 lbs) this morning (Sunday) - down by 0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)

My focus for the next week will be - continue to improve water intake, overcome the mental barriers to improving intensity of exercise and getting enough sleep.

I'm really pleased with my weight loss this week - I hope you are also progressing to meeting your goals.
  • McHeather
    Options
    I had started this challenge with a Saturday weigh in, but others had joined or reported their goals on Sunday. I'll only do group updates later Sundays so everyone has that much time to get their info in to me!

I didn't lose or gain all week - still 157.6 this morning. But I did have a heavy dinner the night before. I've logged everyday even if I went over in calories. I've gotten some form of excersize each day, I need to step it up and do more strength and intense but I'm going for a gradual back on track so it's all good.

Good job to everyone committed to this process. I like knowing that there are others working towards goals alongside of me!
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    181lb. - so lost 1 - Sat. morning - I tried to eat better than I have been for awhile and actually worked out 3 days.
  • karenmetfan
    Options
    nothing lost this week, still at 247, but I walked for an hour every day except wednesday (dentist) and increased the mileage depending on what time i get home from work. we've done 1.7 miles up to 2.7 miles. the less manny stops to smell everything or because he doesn't want to go where i'm going, the faster and further we can go :) no eating after 8:00 still successful, trying to add more fruit. made a good choice for lunch the other day when i was out shopping--bought a yogurt, banana and kashi cereal to add some crunch to the yogurt instead of picking up some fast food. up earlier today and going to get the bagels and then go to the park to walk. :)
  • myth4ever
    Options
    Weighing a bit heavier(342) this week, but I am still focused on the big picture. I didn't weigh in this morning because I did cardio for 50 mins and didn't want a false read...So the goal is to be under 340 by next saturday night!!!
  • karenmetfan
    Options
    nothing lost this week, still at 247, but I walked for an hour every day except wednesday (dentist) and increased the mileage depending on what time i get home from work. we've done 1.7 miles up to 2.7 miles. the less manny stops to smell everything or because he doesn't want to go where i'm going, the faster and further we can go :) no eating after 8:00 still successful, trying to add more fruit. made a good choice for lunch the other day when i was out shopping--bought a yogurt, banana and kashi cereal to add some crunch to the yogurt instead of picking up some fast food. up earlier today and going to get the bagels and then go to the park to walk. :)

Okay, so quoting my own post. Took my dog to the park and we walked almost 3 miles (2.8 something), then home and had a bagel and 2 eggs with my glass of chocolate milk (not a tea or coffee drinker and plain milk makes me nauseous in the morning for whatever reason). Just took a shower and weighed myself before I got in (sans clothes) and was down to 245.2!!! Yeah for me!!! Checked it twice because I weighed myself before we left for the walk and to buy the bagels and it read 247. Why can't I strip down at the doctor's office and get credit for the full loss :wink:
  • McHeather
    Options
    Sunday Night Report!
    Here are last Sunday's challenger list:
    McHeather SW 157.6 GW 155.6 Personal goal: Excersize 30 min a day, log everything
    Myth4ever Personal goal: stay on track over weekends
    S2O12
    Envy53 SW 223.5 GW 221.5 Personal goal: excersize 3-4 times a week
    Janna674 SW 137 GW 135 Person goal: increase water, cut down on wine, eat 5 fruit and veggie a day
    wiffe SW 191.1 GW 189.1 Personal goal: kick butt into motivation =)
    helenabc SW 154? GW 152 Personal goal: 30 minutes of excersize, log everything
    kittybells Personal goal: log in every day, stay under calories and exercise 4 times a week
    felicity 866
    Gingerboo Personal goal: lose 10 lbs, drink recommended 8 glasses of water
    ChrissyGettinghot SW 220.4 GW 215.4 Personal goal: lose 5 pounds
    luvlyluv SW 194 GW 192 Personal goal: lose 2 pounds
    Audreyschach Personal goal: keep up with her daughter =)
    Jennieam SW 191.1 GW 186.7 Personal goal: break out of plateau, lose 2 kg

And since then we've had these people join us:
    Karenmetfan Personal goal: continue to excersize 30 minutes a day/ portion control and no eating after 8.
    CannibalisticVegitarian
    hhawes Personal goal: get under 200, 100 situps a day and walk/jog 1 mile or more
    BPSValierieOttairo
    ButterflyWildgirl Personal goal: keep excersizing, eating well, stay motivated lose 20 lbs
    rrgrove: Personal goal 8 glasses of water, 30 min excersize/day, get back on track
    MrsOMG Personal goal: 4 session swim/gym per week, 40-60 min walking each day, lose 2 lbs
    Stacyb521: Personal goal: lose 2 lbs and excersize 4 times a week
    alex3719 SW 186.6 Personal goal: lose more than 2 lbs
    ashley744 SW 128 GW 126 Personal goal excersize 3-4x a week, increase water

I won't recap everyone's update - that's up to you to read everyone's response and encourage and motivate them too. I've met my goals so far last week, even though I hadn't lost I know I'm on the right track to start losing again.

I like to read how others are getting in their excersize for the week. I'm always thinking I should get up early and do an excersize video, but when I do get up early I really only want to do yoga because I need the stretch. But I want the burn too so I debate on doing yoga or strength/cardio videos. I have a large collection of denise austin video and a few jillian michaels. Then come evening I'm so tired I don't want to do anything - if anything I want to do yoga. It feels so good once I get started, but I always have a huge debate in my head whether I will excersize, and how or what will I do for excersize. I don't have an answer, just putting it out there how I get around to working out. With this challenge in place I make sure I finally make a decision and feel better for it.
    Keep up the the goal setting and meeting MFPallers, you won't get anywhere if you quit, all you can do is keep on going!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    going to get up in the AM and hopefully run.