Being nosy but what is everyone's occupation?

naugustyniak
naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
I am a medical transcriptionist from home. I have been doing this for 15 years. I started when my kids were young so I could be home for them when they got on and off the bus, were sick, etc. I took a break from it and worked outside the home for a couple of years (needed human interaction that I could have conversations with other than about cartoons) and came back to it a couple of years ago.

It is good except in the winter when I can't get out much, but it beats having to drive to work in the snow.

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    I am a medical transcriptionist from home. I have been doing this for 15 years. I started when my kids were young so I could be home for them when they got on and off the bus, were sick, etc. I took a break from it and worked outside the home for a couple of years (needed human interaction that I could have conversations with other than about cartoons) and came back to it a couple of years ago.

It is good except in the winter when I can't get out much, but it beats having to drive to work in the snow.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm an accounts payable clerk for a small company that sells aircraft evacuation equipment.
  • That would be awesome! That would be hard for me though because I get distracted easily!

Think of all that time you save driving somewhere!! Unfortunately no snow days though (not that I really have either).

I worked in banking for 10 years. I recently started working for the US Bankruptcy court. Yeah it's a federal government job and whom ever said they have good benefits, DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!
  • I'm an accounts payable clerk for a small company that sells aircraft evacuation equipment.

That sounds REALLY interesting!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    7th grade teacher- inner city kids in Oakland, CA
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    I am the personal assistant to a chartered accountant.

Think; the Devil Wears Prada.
  • butterfly111
    butterfly111 Posts: 10 Member
    I teach 5th and 6th grades.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I am a stay-at-home-mom.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Former Real Estate Guru turned motor salesperson.
    I also do some work at home stuff, but I had to cut back because it was very time consuming.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    I'm a stay at home mom. I have three sons and the oldest is three. My husband is currently serving in Iraq so I do pretty much everything else.:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Mostly stay at home mom.

I work for an Optometrist friend on Saturday.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn that.
    I went to school for MEDICAL CODING, completed the program and am doing patient registration in the diagnostic imaging department of one of our area hospitals.
  • I was a stay at home mom till about three weeks ago, when I went to work as my hubby's office manager. Much harder than I thought to keep it up. Working all day and then rushing home to get the kids fed, bathed ,homework, laundry, floors etc.... not sure I can keep it up much longer...:indifferent:
  • I'm a self-employed pet sitter and dog walker! I LOVE my job! It's not a high paying job, but the satisfaction level makes up for it.:love:

(I was in the Air Force for 8 years prior to this and I loved that too... I miss it some days....)
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    2nd Grade Teacher - collaborative class.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Computer software developer...and I work from home too.
  • I'm a restaurant manager/waitress. I have a B.S. in Genetics though... just no jobs! I'm also a nondestructive inspector for the air force reserves, hoping for a full time position on base.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    I'm a health coach, and Subject Matter Expert for a health benefits company
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Franchise Inventory Coordinator for Aerus