Any trick to drink 8 cups of water per day?

Options
I tend to forget to drink unless am very thirsty.

Replies

• fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    For me I need to have my water with me at all times, even when I'm not thirsty. Just seeing it helps remind me to drink it. Also, for some reason, it's easier for me to get my water in when I'm drinking it with a straw.

Edited to add this... I've read that when our bodies are thirsty, we've actually waited too late to drink the water.

Hope this helps. :smile:
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fill up a small bottle and keep it with you at all times, and just sip from it. When it gets empty - fill it up straight away. Then you drink it without even thinking :) Works for me.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WHEN U BECOME THIRSTY THATS A SIGN OF DEHYDRATION....WHAT U HAVE TO DO IS BASICALLY EVERY HOUR OR SO TRY TO DRUNK A SMALL CUP OF WATER.... I KNOW THIS IS CRAZY BUT I CANT DRINK WATER WITHOUT A STRAW.... SMDH... :laugh:
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For me I need to have my water with me at all times, even when I'm not thirsty. Just seeing it helps remind me to drink it. Also, for some reason, it's easier for me to get my water in when I'm drinking it with a straw.

Edited to add this... I've read that when our bodies are thirsty, we've actually waited too late to drink the water.

Hope this helps. :smile:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.....
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    8 cups seeem too much for me and i wont be able to fill my cup up 8 times! soo i make bottles of water in my fridge and then i drink 4 a day which is equivilant to 8 cups! its soo much easier and it saves me filling up my cup all the time lol! and it seems like a alot less although its the same amount! :)
  • mikekirk
    Options
    If you have a smartphone you can get apps that will remind you to drink periodically throughout the day. It works for me!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For me, it's routine. I have to make a plan, like drink a glass of water
    1) right as I sit down at my desk and check email in the morning
    2) five minutes before lunch
    3) before I leave my desk for the day

and so on. Otherwise, I forget because I don't get thirsty often.

The other trick that helped me was having a HUGE 1 liter bottle that I filled up in the evenings and tried to finish it off before bedtime. Seeing it all in one place helped me to remember.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Drink it cold! Drink it in place of other beverages at meals. And drink before you get thirsty!
  • NUTZAMO
    Options
    In real terms it should read 8 cups of liquid. Any more than 2 litres of liquid a day can be harmful. That includes tea, coffee and drinks like coca cola/lemonade. Other than coffee/tea I only drink water. I add a squeeze of lime or lemon (e.g. Berri 99% lemon juice) to the water....makes it tasty.
  • pinupprosaic
    Options
    Keeping a large water bottle on you at all times is always a great idea. Personally, I like to make a checklist for my 8 glasses in my food diary to tick off during the day, or on a piece of paper at my desk.

If you can, aim to have two glasses with each meal, as well as one with your morning and afternoon snacks (or whatever works for you), and you'll hit 8 pretty easily.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a really nice water bottle. It makes it taste better somehow!!! It sfrom camelbak and I love it. We can drink the tap water here though so no problem to fill up anywhere. ( I live 40 mins from evian!!)
  • Scyphoz
    Options
    I have a 1L water bottle which I keep nearby on my desk at work or at home. As I feel a bit thirsty throughout the day I just have some of it. I doesn't take too long before I need to refill the bottle and with the 1L size I'm not trying to fill 8 or more glasses to get the recommended 2L of water a day.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Totally agree. I also bought myself a plastic tumbler with a lid and straw (walmart for around $5). the water goes down so much easier. :smile: Plus I need it to be ice cold.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    what I want to know is how do you not end up peeing 50 times a day?! I barely drink and go to the bathroom about twice an hour - which makes work and stuff really hard... adding 8 cups of water each day would be terrible!
  • fit4travels
    Options
    Fill up a small bottle and keep it with you at all times, and just sip from it. When it gets empty - fill it up straight away. Then you drink it without even thinking :) Works for me.
    This is what I do - it really works for me too :)
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah - small bottle works for me - on my dek constantly, refills. Drink without knowing it then.

X
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah - small bottle works for me - on my dek constantly, refills. Drink without knowing it then.

X
  • cassiejoyy
    Options
    I didn't know people had a hard time drinking the 8 cups of water per day, I drink way more. Like around 10-20 cups a day.
  • raphy_k
    raphy_k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a one litre bottle on my desk which I am to fill twice each day. It makes it easy to work out how much I have had and reminds me to have more when I see it sitting there.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    These are all good advises! thank you soooo much guys! now the only thing is to put it into practice.lol