Oh my gosh, I've been drinking so much water!

2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    You know you should sip water about every 15 min.. sip! if you just drink by gulping it down its not really doing much good.. in and out. Its not really hydrating you the way it should. but you are getting some good out of it....
    I do think it could hurt you... i heard once a lady was trying to win a radio contest... get an ipod or something.. well she drank 3 gallons and she died.... her brain expainded to much... water on the brain.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/entertainment/main2365259.shtml
    Doing anything in excess can cause us issues, we all know how food works that way:wink: Yes, by all means I don't advise anyone drinking water in that time frame but just figuring out how much you need for your own body and enjoying it through out the day!:drinker: :smile:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I drink about 96 most days, sometimes more like yesterday. So far, it hasn't hurt me. Wow, the change in my skin is amazing, not to mention that water was the key that unlocked my weight dropping:wink: and I know that the calorie intake was equally to thank. But over years of abusing my body from "lack of water" I sure turned it around. My legs looked just like the mojave dessert in Summer, broken and cracked skin, yuck. All gone!!! I think you can overdo anything but it has to be your call on how much you need and also, not so much your food won't digest right. That bile in our stomachs, I heard, can have too much water and slow down the "breaking down" of the foods. Read that somewhere:)

Keep up the good work, youre a winner!!! denise
    :laugh: :laugh: Just thought I'd share!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I am on number 9. And, aside from the Jack and Diet I plan on having once I get home tonight, I will continue to drink water. I'd say another 8 glasses easily.

Is that too much?

I've been to the bathroom at least once an hour! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through my run here in a few minutes without having to take a potty break!!
    That's my GIRL!! You've come along ways Baby!!! I'm proud of you, you're learning so much, you're doing fantastic Denise:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: Just thought I'd share!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I am on number 9. And, aside from the Jack and Diet I plan on having once I get home tonight, I will continue to drink water. I'd say another 8 glasses easily.

Is that too much?

I've been to the bathroom at least once an hour! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through my run here in a few minutes without having to take a potty break!!

Corin:flowerforyou: , I think you're doing fine, your body knows what it needs, someone shared when we workout we need more water...definitely true!! I drink 1/2 my body weight in oz. and sometimes a bit more if it's been a heavy workout. Keeping my water intake up really increases my energy level and has so many added benefits!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Regarding the frequent bathroom trips, it does get better the longer you stick with it, your body becomes accustomed to it and you go less frequently.:drinker: Trust me, I'm proof!:tongue::laugh:

Have a great run Corin:flowerforyou:

Thanks! I did!!! So far...I'm on 88oz which is well half my body weight....hmmm...
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    He ended up getting really light-headed and almost fainted.
    Ok, call me odd but I get that way if I DON'T get in enough water each day!!:drinker: :bigsmile:

Sorry to hear about your friend:flowerforyou:

He ended up being just fine, just a little bit embarrassed:smile: . It was 4th of July, and he is a military police officer. The unit was told to make sure that they hydrated the day before because they were going to be out in the sun for 15+ hours doing crowd control, and he just really over-did it. He was drinking gallons of water the entire day before his shift, and that's what did it to him. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.