Hello All... New to MFP... Closing in on 300lbs lost!!

Options
Just wanted to say Hello, I am new to MFP and am in the process of Refocusing my nutritional needs. Since I started my journey I have used Carb counting over Calorie counting (with the help of my dietician) and this has worked for me the past 28 months. I needed a change do to hitting plateau's lately so I decided to start focusing on calories in/ calories out while still watch my carb's and fat..... So far (Doing MFP for 2 weeks) I am down another 5lbs. the past 2 weeks bringing my current weightloss to 281lbs. I have been a logger from the beginning (food, weight,exercise) so this process is not new to me just nice to have the app to do it on my Smartphone. I have had to overcome my food addictions and severe social phobia issues too. So me posting to message boards is way out of my comfort zone but I feel it is a fear I need to face so here I am.... :-)

sidebysideprofile.jpg

Replies

• KarenShannon
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the work!!
  • yadicarter
    Options
    Awesome job on losing 281lbs, that is super amazing! I'm just starting my journey with losing this weight, have been to big for far too long and it was time to do something. Stories like yours motivate me because it proves that it can be done. Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to post, everyone is friendly and very motivational.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Freaking amazing bro!!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Great job on your success thus far!!
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an incredible success story. I know you will find lots of support on MFP. There are so many helpful and encouraging people on here. Feel free to friend me, and thanks for sharing your journey!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think that you'll find most of here supportive and motivating. You'll come across a troll or two, but ignore them. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for motivation. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished so far!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is phenomenal - congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • misskitty69
    Options
    Wow,

congratulations on an amazing loss :smile:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    welcome. you are an impressive fellow!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That is just amazing! Congrats on all of your hard work and success! Welcome to MFP!
  • AlyBelden
    Options
    Welcome!! What an inspirational story! Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone, I'm sure there are many people on these boards that will be encouraged & inspired by you.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Let me just say that you are officially my HERO!!!! Congratulations to you and all of your success.

Welcome to MFP. You will find a wonderful network of people. All with different opinions, but all with the same goal in mind. And that is to get healthy.

Looking forward to keeping up with your continued success!
  • utgrrl82
    utgrrl82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!!!

That is amazing!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and stepping outside of your comfort zone. We open our hearts to you :-) and hope for your continued success.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    I looked through your profile pics and you look INCREDIBLE beyond what words can even say.
  • Isisnile
    Options
    Congratulations Ed and welcome to MFP! Keep up the good work.
  • jenro39
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration to us all, fantastic job, you look amazing and must feel soooo much better in youself.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's freaking amazing!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats for making big changes in your life ; )
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations on all your hard work!