This is at my Local Gym!!!!!

13»

Replies

• My gym shares a parking lot with a McDonalds, and Backyard Burgers. Across the street is a deli, and Dominos.

Welcome to Texas!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    WOW! My gym has monsters, water, and Applesauce
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 340 Member
    I get to see people who are coming out of the McDonalds drive thru shoving fries, burgers and shakes into their pie-holes as I'm trudging along on my treadmill. woo-frickin'-hoo. At least there isnt anything this blatently counter productive inside my gym.

Seeing those people disgustingly eating that food, and knowing what it does to them would only make me feel better about working out at the gym and not joining them in the drive thru line! ;)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    LMAO! How retarded!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    My gym shares a parking lot with a McDonalds, and Backyard Burgers. Across the street is a deli, and Dominos.

Welcome to Texas!

LOL...yeah, it's pretty hard to find a gym nowadays that isn't close to those places. The Weight Watchers center I used to go to was in the same center as a pancake house, a Chinese buffet, and an ice cream parlor.

It seems kinda silly to have that vending machine at a gym. But when you step outside and have temptations in your face all day anyway, does it really matter?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I know of a gym where boxes and boxes of chocolate bars are kept on hand for people to eat in the middle of their workouts. But this gym trains mostly really hardcore athletes who eat 5000 calories per day.

I do find it a little odd to see a vending machine like that in a "normal" gym, but, ultimately, it is not the gym's responsibility to control what people eat. Those who want to eat candy bars would just bring some with them or grab one on the way home anyway. Those who don't want to eat candy won't be affected by these machines.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    We all have the choice to eat it or not. Because the food is there doesn't mean we have to eat it. Seems like McDonald's or something equally revolting would be easy to pass up on the way to a workout or after working out hard. I feel proud of myself after finishing a long hard workout, can't imagine ruining that feeling by eating crap to sabotage myself.

Amazes me how surprised so many on here are that there is still junk food all around us. Gyms or not, it's everywhere and WE always have that choice in what to do about it.

Perhaps it simply takes time to get to that place where you realize it's not actually that type of food that will nourish our body but slow our progress down instead and create an unhealthy body.

My thoughts..:flowerforyou:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Know your audience! Besides, the gym has to keep ya'll fat so you keep comming back.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    I love reading about people's gyms. I've only worked out on military base gyms. Most of the time they don't even sell water and they sure as he11 aren't giving away food!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    I just joined the Pizza party throwing PF. Their equipment, location, price, and hours suit me.

Willpower people. Nobody's twisting your arm to raid the vending machines or eat the whole pizza.

Don't go on Pizza night or don't bring any $$ for the vending machines if you can't control yourselves.

Some people are regular fit in shape members who may want a snack, and some people eat pizza and still maintain.

I don't see the big deal.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    You burned 400 cals? Congratulations! Treat yourself to some M&Ms!