NSV - guy smacked my behind in the grocery store

Options

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    You're not supposed to encourage guys like that!

Obviously we all know it's not acceptable. But I didn't get a chance to do anything about it at the time, so might as well laugh about it rather than stressing over it.

Good point. When things like this happen to me I usually freeze up. I'm a very outspoken, angry lady type, but something about the outrage just makes my brain die for a moment. :( Glad you turned it into something positive!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Damn! i am laughing, but honestly that IS NOT OK (well not for me). :noway:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Newbie question: I see everyone posting the 'NSV' what does that stand for?

NSV - Non Scale Victory
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I love how many people here are raining on her parade, with all of this talk about punching the guy. WHO ARE YOU GRIPING TO?

Geesh... let her enjoy her moment, and save your hatred for the person who actually committed the atrocity.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Lol..a roundhouse kick woulda really done him good..:wink: and then you can thanks..but I don't need that kind of attention at the moment!:noway:

I'm not that advanced yet. My version of a roundhouse would have been me falling on the butt that just got smacked, and that would have gotten me nowhere. Now, if he would come stand in front of my treadmill while I hold a water bottle in each hand and throw punches, that I could do. LOL.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I love how many people here are raining on her parade, with all of this talk about punching the guy. WHO ARE YOU GRIPING TO?

Geesh... let her enjoy her moment, and save your hatred for the person who actually committed the atrocity.

Exactly. My goodness. She's okay with what happened. Let her be. One person's "disrespect" is another person's turn on (not saying she was turned on by it but she considers it a NSV so if you don't like it, don't reply to the thread.)
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this was funny! Good for you!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Glad I could help with your NSV.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sexual harassment is the ultimate NSV.

Well done! :laugh:
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    #1 Pat self on back for losing 23 lbs. and looking so fine.
    #2 Take self defense course.
    #3 Repeat #1.

I haven't had my fanny smacked in decades. Could be a little jealous. Naaaaah.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

Exactly. My goodness. She's okay with what happened. Let her be. One person's "disrespect" is another person's turn on (not saying she was turned on by it but she considers it a NSV so if you don't like it, don't reply to the thread.)

Actually I was extremely offended, but you know, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and cuts your grocery trip short and preoccupies you with looking over your shoulder in the checkout line which is great for not picking up extra snacks in the impulse aisle. Score one for the chip resistance.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Actually I was extremely offended, ....

Then don't call it a "victory"!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

Nice try, you are much more Caucasian than this guy was. Maybe next time. LOL
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would have taken my new-found sense of confidence and punched him in the nose!
    Just because you look beautiful doesn't make you a piece of meat =/

I would have done the same!

:noway:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

Actually I was extremely offended, ....

Then don't call it a "victory"!

It's a joke. I didn't enjoy it at the time, but a couple hours later it's funny and creates a nice dialogue on MFP. :-). Kind of like how I cried when my mom backed into my car on the way to shop for my wedding dress, but now it's kind of funny.
  • zee_baybee
    Options

Newbie question: I see everyone posting the 'NSV' what does that stand for?

NSV - Non Scale Victory

Oh very cool. Thanks!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That is really funny! I probably would have gotten mad, but secretly take it as a compliment! ;) lol

And agree with a previous poster--does that even still happen nowadays?!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    \

Jeff, did you log the running under cardio as you made your escape?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    \

Jeff, did you log the running under cardio as you made your escape?

LOL
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I would have taken my new-found sense of confidence and punched him in the nose!
    Just because you look beautiful doesn't make you a piece of meat =/

Abso-freaking-lutely. Horrid git!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!