Making water easier to drink-

Options
I discovered this new (or maybe not) water enhancer called MiO liquid... it's caffeine-free, calorie-free, carb free, sugar-free and free of artificial flavors. Not to mention DELICIOUS.
I've always had a difficulty drinking water because it's so bland, but this definitely helps! It's pretty cheap too, I think I paid $3.99 and it has 24 servings. Try it out!
http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/pages/about-mio.html

(I just realized I sound like an advertisement... ughhh haha)

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    There was a thread on the dangers of it about a month ago or so...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232264-mio-water-enhancer-warning
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I used to dislike water in high school.. Thought it had no "taste." I made myself drink it. And lots of it.

It wasn't long before I found it delicious. Maybe just make yourself for a while. Maybe you'll learn to love it like I do. Otherwise :flowerforyou:
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    I put a dash of lemon in my water or some apple juice.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think ANYTHING is easier to drink if you use a straw. It can also impress your family: "Look, Ma, no hands!"
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Well, it seems like a lot of other threads on this board that was split pretty evenly with people claiming it would absolutely kill you and others saying the ingredient the OP called out was in a lot of things, from toothpaste to frostings and other processed foods.
  • Yeti77
    Options
    You may want to try carrying True Lime, True Lemon, etc. They are these little packets of dried fruit that you can use to flavor drinks. It is great because you can keep them in your purse & have them whenever you want. They are super cheap too.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Who says you even need to drink any water? Just get your fluid from tea/coffee/soda/juice/milk/fruit/veg.

You don't actually need pure water anyway.
  • taylorromanyk
    Options

That makes me a little uneasy... but I found that "the acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; Serious toxicity generally occurs only at plasma concentrations over 1 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time. It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG."

I don't know, take it as you will I suppose.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just drink the water!
    full-metal-jacket-down-in-your-face.jpg
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Mio tastes like fake imo. I'd prefer just plain water myself.
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    I'll stick with my tea/coffee :)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I let fresh mint and lemon seem in my water bottle... Extremely refreshing during a workout!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I get my water source from beer, it tastes better.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Plain water is my favorite drink. Once you have a mindset of clean eating, all of this man made junk just seems unapatizing.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You may want to try carrying True Lime, True Lemon, etc. They are these little packets of dried fruit that you can use to flavor drinks. It is great because you can keep them in your purse & have them whenever you want. They are super cheap too.

where can i find this^^
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You need FLUIDS and it doesn't have to just plain old water.... most drinks are primarily water anyway.
    I never drink plain water... why would you force yourself to drink something you don't even like for no reason?
    Drink what you like -- it if it calories, account for them in your diary. Heck I don't even make protein shakes with water, I make them with cold decaf coffee and almond milk...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

those sound good, do they keep them with the drink mixes?
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    all of this man made nectar from the gods just seems far better!

That's how I'd word it :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

those sound good, do they keep them with the drink mixes?

I've seen it in the baking aisle near sugar and sugar substitutes.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hated water too about 2 months ago.... but my requirements are lots of ice and I have to filter it. I LOOOVE mine with a few slices of cucumber and lime