Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Six!

Options
Hey everyone! So this is the FINAL WEEK!!!!! You have all been so incredible. I'm looking forward to doing a Round Three also! Okay, okay....the good stuff first. The weight loss chart from this week:

chart5.jpg

Great job everyone! As always, the weights and percents in the yellow highlights are the biggest losers on each team and the names in pink are people who reached a milestone this week.

The challenge this week may look familiar to anyone who did Round One. Everyday, you *MUST* do something for you! Maybe you want to budget your calories to have a glass or two of wine, take a bubble bath, leave the dishes go one night so you can turn to a blob on the couch and indulge in a little tv, read a book....etc. Do something that calms and relaxes you, something that spoils you! You've been working so hard all challenge long, you deserve a little "me-time" this week!

The questions this week will go to:
Monday- jennawcoffee
Tuesday- jarvis95
Wednesday- Maggieq87
Thursday- mbw2586
Friday- thardin323

Now I know several of you have expressed interest in Round Three, so I'm going to post this link and you can sign up throughout the week. A word of warning, you only have a few days to sign up before I fill in the gaps with new members! So if you want to do round 3, sign up sooner rather than later!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFQejhvaUg0NEE4UTRRS1NFMXc2SHc6MQ

Replies

• kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i so want to join omg this would be good motivation im excited
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you mentioned a round 3... is this open for new members?
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK, Ladies!!!!!!!! Can't wait til Round 3!!!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It will be open to new members starting Wednesday!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Yellow Team, i am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of us!!!!!! every single loser was a *biggest* loser and no one gained. you guys are the best. :happy: keep up the amazing work. i'm sorry i haven't been around more. going through some tough times in my family but i will be back on the boards this week. let's get back on our Team Yellow thread and help each other even more!
    CONGRATS to all teams. You ladies are fantastic and getting more fantastic by the day! :drinker:
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well this wasn't my week for weight loss :ohwell: :cry: Sorry Black Team....I plan to kick into extra high gear this week.

Congrats to everyone for such a great week. I look forward to this final week of round 2 and I have already signed up for round 3 :wink:

LET'S GO BLACK TEAM...WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS WEEK!!!:glasses:
  • tamiwinters1
    Options
    I'm excited for round 3! Count me in! :)
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    SUPER excited for ROUND 3!!!! :D Go Black Team! We Rock! This last week is OURS! :)
    Congrats everyone in Round 2, you all did great! If you think you could have done better then it's okay as long as you do NOT give up EVER! Even if I had only lost 1 pound or gained a pound during these 6 weeks, I still wouldn't give up because this means a lot to me and we ALL deserve to accomplish our goals! I'm only 15 more pounds away from my ultimate goal. I've been waiting years for this! It's such a great feeling! If you give up now then you will regret it in the future. :heart:
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone!! Sorry for the slight gain, Blue Team...I'm hoping to make up for it on our final weigh-in for Round 2. I won't let you down!

And even if we don't make the same team again for Round 3, I'll still be cheering for you :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

So this is a very selfish question, to further my own weight loss. ;)

What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

(I'm on a two week plateau right now.)

Once, in high school, when I was trying to lose...I took 3 laxatives. NEVER will I EVER do that again!!! Haha!
  • jennajava
    Options
    P.S. I loooooooove the challenge. I'm a mommy so this will be fun!
  • jennajava
    Options
    It will be open to new members starting Wednesday!

I WILL be on that round!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Monday QOTD: I have only tried weight loss one time and I quit when i got to a size 8. I did not really have a weight loss goal hence the reason it did not per se have a plateau. This time around, it is a lifestyle change so whether or not i stay at xxx lbs for a week or 4 weeks, i will keep going at it! Things to consider, change work out routine, increase cardio and water intake, lighten off starches......
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Team Yellow!!!!!

Ya'all so ROCK its not even funny!!! Great job ladies.....

Looking forward to doing well this final week. Overall ladies you have been doing great. Thanks Peanut for doing this for us- you are awesome!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I don't do anything crazy when I'm not losing weight. I've tried alli, which works but I'm not good at taking medication at specific times. I wouldn't call that crazy though. I've tried south beach like diets to try and kickstart weight loss, but I can't stay on it for more than a couple of days before I'm craving pizza.

Looking forward to the last week of Round 2. I'm trying to come up with a specific, non-scale goal to motivate me over the next month. I have Thanksgiving, then my dad's Christmas on the 10th of December, then my husband's National Guard Christmas party on December 11th. I want to be the hot wife for that!!! So, 1 month to drop some weight and lose some of the jiggles! Any ideas for goals? I'm trying to do spin 3x a week, but that doesn't lend itself to goals. I'd obviously love to be under 170 for that, but in case the numbers don't cooperate, I'd like a something that I can work towards. I'm up for running a few days a week when I'm not spinning to give me a goal.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Go Team Blue! Let's bring it home this week! And to all of the teams, great job!

MONDAY QOTD--

So this is a very selfish question, to further my own weight loss. ;)

I have been lucky. My longest plateau has only been about two weeks, and I just kept doing the same things - eating healthy and exercising. I track my weight daily and have noticed a pattern. It seems like every six weeks or so I plateau for a week or two, and then I come back with losses again.
  • mbw2586
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

I haven't ever thought to do anything crazy, actually. Hope I don't now ;)

I just keep on keepin' on and realize that I didn't put all this on overnight, so I can't expect it to come off overnight.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD-- What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

I upped my calories from 1200 to 1450, exercised my butt off (figuratively only...it's really still back there). It's only crazy if you realize I came from the old school of "deprivation is the only way to lose weight".

And joining the Sexy in Six challenge...but that wasn't crazy. That was the best thing ever :)
  • jennajava
    Options

I don't do anything crazy when I'm not losing weight. I've tried alli, which works but I'm not good at taking medication at specific times. I wouldn't call that crazy though. I've tried south beach like diets to try and kickstart weight loss, but I can't stay on it for more than a couple of days before I'm craving pizza.

Looking forward to the last week of Round 2. I'm trying to come up with a specific, non-scale goal to motivate me over the next month. I have Thanksgiving, then my dad's Christmas on the 10th of December, then my husband's National Guard Christmas party on December 11th. I want to be the hot wife for that!!! So, 1 month to drop some weight and lose some of the jiggles! Any ideas for goals? I'm trying to do spin 3x a week, but that doesn't lend itself to goals. I'd obviously love to be under 170 for that, but in case the numbers don't cooperate, I'd like a something that I can work towards. I'm up for running a few days a week when I'm not spinning to give me a goal.

I'm all about aerobics classes, especially zumba. If you're having fun, you can burn more because you don't quit due to boredom.
  • jennajava
    Options

I'm all about aerobics classes, especially zumba. If you're having fun, you can burn more because you don't quit due to boredom.

Helps w/ all over toning too.