Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Six!

Options

Replies

• ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Girls,

I had a horrible weekend. Major emotional binge eating and I weighed myself this morning at 156. I'm sooo upset but I'm determined to do everything possible to lose as much weight this week as possible. It must be more water weight so if I work hard this week it should come right off. At least I hope so...

MONDAY: I fasted. I did it for 3 days just water and it worked and I felt great and I slowly went back to eating raw foods and then regular food. I had a wedding to go to and I really wanted to look great.
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

I drank only slimfast for four days - disgusting and I hated every moment, but it did get some more weight off.

Also tried 8 zillion different diets at different points in my life -- finding it MUCH easier to stick to MFP, though!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

I drank only slimfast for four days - disgusting and I hated every moment, but it did get some more weight off.

Also tried 8 zillion different diets at different points in my life -- finding it MUCH easier to stick to MFP, though!

LOL I like slimfast!
  • jennajava
    Options
    I posted Monday's QOTD mostly because I was watching a Bridezilla rerun while on the elliptical at the gym last night...and one of the bridezillas was trying to FORCE all of her bridesmaids to do an ENEMA so they would "have flat tummies." WHAT?!?!
  • jennajava
    Options
    Girls,

I had a horrible weekend. Major emotional binge eating and I weighed myself this morning at 156. I'm sooo upset but I'm determined to do everything possible to lose as much weight this week as possible. It must be more water weight so if I work hard this week it should come right off. At least I hope so...

Similar situation last week. Drink lots of water and it will shed quickly.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

Nothing this time, but when I was going about weight loss in unhealthy ways, I would fast, do a cleanse, all kinds of weirdo things, like eating only one food, etc.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Boo, my weightloss was lame this last week.

Monday QOTD: I've never hit a plateau! I've never REALLY tried to lose weight before. I'd definitely do like a juice fast for a few days if i got stuck, I'm really good at not eating. Which is probably a bad thing. *hides*
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD:

I don't think I've tried anything toooo crazy to break a plateau.
    I did order and take a popular diet type pill that is advertised on the radio a lot. I don't know why. I KNOW this is not the way to lose and keep it off for the long run, but I guess there was a tiny part of me that hoped it worked.
    I didn't do one single thing for me except make me feel jittery. I didn't feel full. I didn't lose weight. I just spent money. That was a year or more ago.
    For the last 12-18 mos. I've just reallly been trying to watch my intake and exercise. The good old fashioned way LOL
    Since I've been about 20 or so I'm sure I've tried almost every "diet" out there that has come along.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    First awesome results ladies, everyone should be so proud of their hardwork the last 5 weeks, lets make the final week count. I signed up for round 3, thanks Peanut for running sezy in 6.

MONDAY QOTD--

So this is a very selfish question, to further my own weight loss. ;)

I guess nothing to crazy, the craziest thing I can think of was before I was pregnant with my last baby I seemed stuck at the same weight for a while so with the great thinking that doing the 30ds once a day was great for me. I did it 4 times in one day, don't think it did anything for me other then almost kill me. I'm happy with the slow steady pace this time around, I know that the weight will come off and that their is more then just scale victories in my future.
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

The craziest thing I did was order Lipozene - lol!!! What a waste of money . I was just hoping for a miracle - haha. Now since joining MFP and getting involved in this challege has really help me lose weight the right way and meet a wonderful group of women to help me motivate. Not feeling alone these days with my weight problem.

Thank you ladies and hope to see all of you again in the next challenge!!!! TEAM BLACK!!!!!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

I've hit a plateau too! In the past I've tried everything - eating less, eating more, eating more carbs, fasting, etc. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What I'm trying this time - getting with a trainer. Not so much for working out, but nutrition. I know what I need to do, but having someone else look at it and see what I can change. He's a competition body builder, so he knows what he's doing. I know I'm in a rut and need a new perspective on what I'm doing.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll fess up....I've tried taking a laxative to boost my weight loss and all it did was leave me on the toilet with horrible cramps for like 3 days straight. Blerg. I will only use them now if they are...ahem....needed. The cramps just ain't worth it! I've tried the Slimfast thing after my daughter was born, but I couldn't even get through half a shake! (I've tried their bar things too, and they also suck lol)

But I think my first real plateau was a month-ish ago when I had like 3 weeks without much weight change. I don't know what I did to get moving though. I just eat the same, move the same, and eventually it gets going again. I think here recently, calorie zig-zagging has helped my metabolism.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried anything crazy yet, but I'm about to! Lol. I've tried eating less, eating more, now I am going to also try zig zagging in hopes of more consistent loss. I have no idea what im doing in terms of zig zagging, but I'm gonna give it a shot
  • ranewell
    Options
    I haven't tried anything crazy yet, but I'm about to! Lol. I've tried eating less, eating more, now I am going to also try zig zagging in hopes of more consistent loss. I have no idea what im doing in terms of zig zagging, but I'm gonna give it a shot
  • ranewell
    Options
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD--

Yeah I am going through a plateau right now myself. In the past I would do a zig zag for a week or two. So if I was taking in 1300 calories a day that would be a total of 9100 calories for the week. So one day I may eat 2500 calories but the next I would eat 1000. I planned it out so that each day had a different amount but at the end of the week it was still the same. It seemed to work but due to the fact that I am nursing my baby I can't do this one...I want to maintain a healthy calorie intake all the time for him so I will just keep doing what I do now--maybe increase it a little and hope it passes soon.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options

If you are gonna zig zag go at it with a plan and it should help you. Whatever your normally daily intake it--multiply that by 7 then plan each day as to the amount you want to do. That way you still have some control of your calories. Good Luck and I would love to hear how if it works for you :smile:
  • jennajava
    Options
    Okay, I'll fess up....I've tried taking a laxative to boost my weight loss and all it did was leave me on the toilet with horrible cramps for like 3 days straight. Blerg. I will only use them now if they are...ahem....needed. The cramps just ain't worth it! I've tried the Slimfast thing after my daughter was born, but I couldn't even get through half a shake! (I've tried their bar things too, and they also suck lol)

But I think my first real plateau was a month-ish ago when I had like 3 weeks without much weight change. I don't know what I did to get moving though. I just eat the same, move the same, and eventually it gets going again. I think here recently, calorie zig-zagging has helped my metabolism.

<
    ignorant. What is calorie zigzagging?
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD -

craziest thing I've done to break a plateau - this week every other day I'm trying to run faster not farther - I did a mile in under 10 minutes today - that was pretty good - wednesday I'm going for 2 in under 10 minutes per mile.

I have been on a plateau for quite some time, having a hard time breaking under 150 and staying there, I find it very hard when I'm working as much as I am and not planning meals - so I'm trying to stick to it, and am determined to do better this week with that,
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    the week before my vacation i did no carbs, which normally i think is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to maintain, and i was super cranky all weeek :)