"Life's New Journey" November Challenge Week 2

Options
124»

Replies

• Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Members,

I wanted to direct your attention to this post about migrating your group thread into a Group using our newly debuted Group feature.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390510-support-groups-challenges-please-migrate-to-groups

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I think you'll find that transitioning your thread to an official Group is a major upgrade in terms of your ability to interact with each other.

If you've already posted an invitation to your followers to join a Group you've formed, forgive me for not seeing it in the thread!

Thanks!
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Way to go Booty Busters! let's make it 2 for 2:bigsmile:
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Mini-challenge:
    Jumping Jacks (done)
    10 sets of tricep kick backs(done)
    Gave up comfort food for the day(ginger snaps:sad:)
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I keep finding that on weigh in day I've hardly lost. But I also input my weight onto my profile every Thursday and I've always lost something. Anyone else finding that the weekend impacts on your weigh in?
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    C'mon Muffin Top people... let's do this! Let's NOT be at the bottom next week! We can improve!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Hope everybody had a great day yesterday. Did not do the power knees but did stairs instead. Did 10 squats at every washroom break (at least 10 of them). I made all my meals from scratch but did sneak in a little chocolate bar (slap slap the hand).

:flowerforyou: Quote for the Day:
    Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday.

Something I want everybody to think about and tell us about today is a NSV (non-scale victory) that you have had recently. I had one yesterday when I went to order a dress out of the catalogue and thought I better check the measurement chart to see what size to order and according to the chart and my measurements, I am now a medium. I can not remember the last time I wore a medium.

Hope you all have a great day, keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,
    Donna
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Hope everybody had a great day yesterday. Did not do the power knees but did stairs instead. Did 10 squats at every washroom break (at least 10 of them). I made all my meals from scratch but did sneak in a little chocolate bar (slap slap the hand).

:flowerforyou: Quote for the Day:
    Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday.

Something I want everybody to think about and tell us about today is a NSV (non-scale victory) that you have had recently. I had one yesterday when I went to order a dress out of the catalogue and thought I better check the measurement chart to see what size to order and according to the chart and my measurements, I am now a medium. I can not remember the last time I wore a medium.

Hope you all have a great day, keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,
    Donna

Love that quote; thanks Donna! The scale itself isn't giving me much victory lately so it's important for me to be aware of NSV's too. I do see/feel my body changing so I know it's just a matter of time before the scale catches up. When I work out like crazy, my weight loss comes to a standstill for 3-4 weeks (no matter WHAT I do w/ my calories, whether I eat them back or don't! so frustrating!) before my body decides to let go of some pounds. I'm battling that right now. One good thing is that my cardio health/lungs is improving; I have a lot more stamina for endurance. My legs are tired way before my lungs are.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Anybody make a group for it already? Or does it still need to be made?
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have caught up on everydays exercise goals. The food challenges are.... challenges. I am a junk food junkie! I am trying I am watching my carbs but I just baked 6 dozen cookies for a bake sale and sampled.:embarassed:

There are alot of carbs in chocolate chip cookies! But so yummy!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Good Job Journey to Lose!

JessStone2 :flowerforyou:
    Lippis :flowerforyou:
    losemybabyweight :flowerforyou:
    loveme445
    luvmybeebees :flowerforyou:
    missmo248 :flowerforyou:
    PG63 :flowerforyou:
    sangelic :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: (2 for you because you made it to the top 10!)

Let's try to stay in the top 5 as a group & a couple more of us make it to the Individual Top 10. WE CAN DO IT!!! :drinker: (water)

haha thanks!! :happy:
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    Just did 10 minutes of abs and 20 minutes of random cardio (jogging in place,jump rope, high knees, etc). First workout I've gotten in since my MIL passed away on Thursday. Heading home to visit dad and brother this weekend but planning on taking laptop and doing a workout or two while I'm home.
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    I just made a group for us. :) I think I got everybody. I went through the spreadsheet list so hopefully I got everybody...and spelled it all right. If you haven't been invited let me know.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/593-life-s-new-journey-november
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just made a group for us. :) I think I got everybody. I went through the spreadsheet list so hopefully I got everybody...and spelled it all right. If you haven't been invited let me know.

I haven't gotten an invitation. Is it a private group cause I can't seem to find it.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options

I haven't gotten an invitation. Is it a private group cause I can't seem to find it.

Sent you the invite :smile:
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Sent you the invite :smile:

Is it a group for everyone on this challenge? If so I didn't get an invitation.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    [Is it a group for everyone on this challenge? If so I didn't get an invitation.
    [/quote]

I have sent you an invite
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten an invite either. Does it come through MFP msg'ing, or email?
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten an invite either. Does it come through MFP msg'ing, or email?

I sent you an invite
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    38 members in the group already and if I counted correctly there's 58 on the spreadsheet so we still have a ways to go until we have all the members migrated to the group. But from now on when you want to post something it can be done in the group. :) And still post here if you didn't get an invite. Somebody will invite you. :)