• ashmitatua
    ashmitatua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try this website
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have the solution. I eat brown rice even though I hate it..and I eat it daily!

Tuna fish
    Brown rice
    Tuong Ot Sriracha (THHEEEE BEST sauce I have ever tasted and low in sodium and calories)
    Low sodium teriyaki

I have eaten this 5 times a week for the past 6 months. Low calories and a fat shredder.

I LOVE sriracha! I eat it on tons of stuff.... warning to those who don't like spicy food though because it is pretty spicy! Yum!!!!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i cook mine in low sodium chicken broth. Then while cooking you can add peanuts, so they can get the flavor in there too, and rotisserie chicken. Then top with salt and peppered steamed broccoli. I add a tiny bit of butter to the broccoli. Then eat and enjoy. You can add or take away any of these to your liking.
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    B
    U
    M
    P

I have used the flavored packs in the ramen noodle packs in my rice! (Chicken, beef, orental, shrimp) I save the noodles bc my husband eats them!
  • bookdame
    Options
    I've found cooking it in chicken or vegetable broth makes it taste really good, and much different. You can also throw in things like raisins, pine nuts, or other spices to change up the flavor a little.

I use vegan fake chicken boullion!

Throw it in a veggie soup... I bet you could put grated parmesan/lemon and make a risotto.
  • bookdame
    Options
    I have the solution. I eat brown rice even though I hate it..and I eat it daily!

Tuna fish
    Brown rice
    Tuong Ot Sriracha (THHEEEE BEST sauce I have ever tasted and low in sodium and calories)
    Low sodium teriyaki

I have eaten this 5 times a week for the past 6 months. Low calories and a fat shredder.

I LOVE sriracha! I eat it on tons of stuff.... warning to those who don't like spicy food though because it is pretty spicy! Yum!!!!

Sri racha rules!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I sometimes cook it using stock, instead of just water :)
    This is what I was looking for. If I have the bouiloun cubes do you I make that according to directions and then for the brown rice use the amount of chicken broth I just made in place of the water?

Pretty much, although I would suggest using a little less water than usual (maybe 3/4) so that not too much of the flavour of the stock cubes is lost when you drain the rice. That's just my personal preference though.

drain rice??!!!! woah, never heard of that before!!!

not directed at you per se, but just in general for everyone who cooks rice, its usually 2 cups per 1 cup of rice, but i find brown rice needs a longer time so more water to cook or else its pretty firm.

and for the bouillon you can use it in place of th water, i think its 1 cube per 2 cups boiling water?? still may want to add a pinch of salt though...just taste the water, if its salty enough then your rice should be salty enough
    I happened upon a cooking video on Youtube yesterday on cooking rice. She did mention that if you have a bit of left over water to simply drain it in a colander with small holes. Sometimes I have water at the end (not much but some) and other times it cooks up perfect and no water... so my measurements are the same each time but I made a Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley and it had a wee bit of water (well, actually TJ's low sodium chicken broth is what I used).

I don't know the key as it sometimes happens and sometimes not... I rinse my rice well each time I make it to get the extra starch out (white stuff on the outside of it) ..who knows maybe that's why it sometimes cooks up differently. ::Shrugs:::

Either way we all need to make it work it's an easy fix.:tongue: