Bob or Jillian

Options

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Bob all the way. There is not even a choice for me. I don't need Jillian's condecending attitude and her modivation is just so cheesy. :laugh: I wub Bob :love: and I don't mind having something cute to look at while I work out.

I am a 'happy' exerciser, meaning I can haul butt and be laughing and smiling the whole time. Bob would just be more fun. :drinker:
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    I'm voting for Bob, too.

I've only watched BL once, but I did one of Jillan's workouts on Fitness TV and I had to shut it off because I was tired of her berating me... NOT motivating.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm still going for 1/2 of each!:flowerforyou: :laugh: I'd like to learn so much from the way Bob trains and would also benefit from wise words of Jillian....not in a room with others but one on one, she might yell less!

I've seen the kinder gentler side of both so...if I get to say 1/2 and half...that's my pick!:laugh: :tongue:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I vote for Bob. Jillian scares me. I'd need therapy for the rest of my life if I had her as my trainer.
    keep in mind you might get no cost therapy! Since Her Mother is a therapist!:tongue::laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I know that there was an article about this subject floating around somewhere awhile ago, and Jillian has had the most winning "losers" from her teams, but for me personally, I know I am WAY too sensitive for Jillian's toughness. I do like that she tries to get to the bottom of the contestants' problems, and that aspect would be good for me...so ultimately I'd like to train with Bob in the gym and then have my heart to hearts with Jillian...hmmm on second thought, Bob always seems to get stuck with the cheesy product promotions, so maybe I'd pick Jillian just for that reason...no no, Bob for me...
    Very well put...I know exactly what you're talking about... Bob for training, Jillian for the sit downs:drinker: :laugh:
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like both of them for different qualities. They both get good results but have different approaches. Bob is not as :devil: as Jillian is but sometimes maybe he is a little too :sad: for my liking! They both are excellent at what they do!

As for me, I personally have a Jillian for my personal trainer, she beats me down with a smile on her face the whole time! AND I LOVE IT! You may want to swear at her (which I've done!) and sometimes you may want to quit because you think your body can't take anymore, but you close your eyes and you press on- because you know it will end. And then, you will be HOT!!!! :happy:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    So Far,

:happy: Bob=6
    :mad: Jillian=8

hmmm, Bob is catching up fast.

It'll be too hard for me to keep adding halfs so I'll list you guys separately.

:glasses: Bob and Jillian, too tough to choose=3
  • jbabs
    jbabs Posts: 1
    Options
    :noway: : I thought that Bob's out burst of the *F* word several times to one of the contestant's on the show a couple of weeks ago was disrespectful to her using that language, yes I know he was trying to make her wake up and see that she was not giving it her all, *But* If that had been me I would not be on the show anymore and well.... Bob, I think he would have had to make a trip to the Dentist for a new set of teeth for he would think he had eaten those words."NO ONE" should have to take that kind of verble abuse from anyone, and that would include a trainer.
  • Mswonderful4u
    Mswonderful4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is tough need Bob's encourging words along the way makes me want to do more for myself. Jill makes me want to do more for her and push the limits. I know if I had Bob I would more than likely continue even after the show. With Jill I will be wishing it was over! So for me it would be Bob for the encourgement and long term turn around..and Jill for the toughness and immediate fat burn. ITS A TIE!
    :brokenheart:

133837.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Jillian for me!!!
    I like being pushed to the limits. :bigsmile:
    Though I think my trainer does channel her from time to time. :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I go for Jillian. I just like the way she is so tough and pushes everyone to do what they need to do to lose their weight!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Bob all the way!! I think he's just as motivational and does sit down to talk to you also. He's done it in past shows.
    My vote is for Bob:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    jillian for sure
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    :noway: : I thought that Bob's out burst of the *F* word several times to one of the contestant's on the show a couple of weeks ago was disrespectful to her using that language, yes I know he was trying to make her wake up and see that she was not giving it her all, *But* If that had been me I would not be on the show anymore and well.... Bob, I think he would have had to make a trip to the Dentist for a new set of teeth for he would think he had eaten those words."NO ONE" should have to take that kind of verble abuse from anyone, and that would include a trainer.

but jillian has also swore at people to get on the treadmill, etc
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jillian's erupted into bouts of profanity PLENTY of times. Bob's explosion just got publicized because he's the calm, encouraging one.

But I'd have to take Jillian. I have a passive-aggressive streak, and over time I can trick almost anyone into believing what my limits are. It's subconscious. With Jillian, it wouldn't matter because she doesn't give a damn about limits. Haha, her only limit is the time it takes you to wipe the puke off the treadmill. Sometimes, I just need a good kick in the *kitten*.

At the same time, Jillian is NOT a pure beatdown trainer. Anyone who totally polarizes her and Bob does not watch the show. She DOES spend time with her team members, providing emotional support (even if it's not the soft and fluffy kind) and making them see why they got to the place they are.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    BOB!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I would rather have Bob - but my body needs Jillian..
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    So far,

:happy: Bob=8
    :mad: Jillian=13

:glasses: Too tough to choose between Bob or Jillian=4
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

but jillian has also swore at people to get on the treadmill, etc

Are you kidding? -even my 11 yr old just said Bob's outburst made the show more interesting. I loved it, I laughed and laughed! Her poor team was suffering and he had to get her moving, cause he knew Carla would kill her if she got the punt. I would have done the same. She needed that-and after it all,:drinker: she will love him for that-cause he got her to move her lazy buns!:laugh:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It was hilarious! The best part was "SHUT THE *kitten* UP JOELLE!!!"