Thanks for posting!! :happy:
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not a single mention of a diet break. What is this world coming to. Diet break > all for breaking through plateau.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Not a single mention of a diet break. What is this world coming to. Diet break > all for breaking through plateau.

There is mention not in those words but its there but unfort it doesn't work for everyone :tongue:
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There is mention not in those words but its there but unfort it doesn't work for everyone :tongue:

I have yet to see a proper diet break not work for someone. Proper diet break = two weeks at maintenance. That's usually how long it takes for the hormones that are effected by diet to normalize.
  • stephenparrish
    Options
    No plateau yet, but it seems like there is a slow week every other week. Once a week I track my body fat %. So far I see this continuing to tick down even when the weight loss slows. Likewise I take the body measurements once a week and continue to see beneficial improvement there even when weight loss slows. Keeps the frustration low.

I'm in week 5 of the 6 Week Cure plan. I'm not in maintenance mode with so much weight to go (probably a 30 week cure for me), but this does shake up the body in a manner your propose. Until I reach goal weight and shift to maintenance I will be doing two weeks of low carb, high protein and then 1 week of 3 protein shakes/day + 1 real meal.

The weight loss has see-sawed off. The first week of dietary switch I get nice big drops. The second week it slows. I was sick of the protein shakes at the end of week 2, but when I got to the end of week 4 (2 weeks of high protein/low carbs) I was kinda excited to get on shakes again. I expected a nice loss week and it's worked out that way.

Lots of exercise as well. Going into week 6 I'm adding strength/core training to cardio. See if I can blast through my slow week.
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump, so I can come back to re-read for tips.
  • Brittanysmith1001
    Brittanysmith1001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!!!!
  • Jessax12
    Jessax12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've plateaued for a few weeks now and didn't know what to do. This info is great! I'm going to check the gym schedule this week to try out some new classes and switch it up a bit! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • JosyH50
    JosyH50 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks so much - this is just what I needed at this point in my journey. :)
  • dlchrist
    dlchrist Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you for this info, I think I am in a plateau now
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    welcome =)
  • chocolettebelle
    chocolettebelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love this post..... It explains a lot. I have much I need to re-evaluate. Thanks