buttahbaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noexcuses118
    Options
    Interesting article. Thanks.
  • santamommy
    Options
    Excellent post! I have noticed during a plateau that I still loose inches without the numbers on the scale ever moving. My doctor said that sometimes your body is simply taking a short break but you can still be burning hard fat deposits and changing it out for muscle during a plateau...and some doctors dont even believe a plateau exist.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! I have noticed during a plateau that I still loose inches without the numbers on the scale ever moving. My doctor said that sometimes your body is simply taking a short break but you can still be burning hard fat deposits and changing it out for muscle during a plateau...and some doctors dont even believe a plateau exist.

yup yup, just gotta keep pushing along, cause sometimes after that plateau hump you can/will notice a big drop in weeks to come, just dont' starve your body thinking it will help

females - 1200 cals a day
    males - 1800 cals a day

any less than that your body goes into starvation mode and can cause massive weight gain so you have to be VERY careful

I never eat back my calories since it takes 3500 burned cals to burn 1lb

I burn on average 600-1200 sometimes more a day thats before my BMR is added on

sodium can cause weight gain (daily intake is 2400mg) if your not getting enough water your body will store what water you give it to make up for that sodium

If anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free just warning I am honest if you wish me to look at your diary i will
    ill give you honest options and feedback and I will tell you like it is im not trying to be mean ill just been trying to help you along :)

Ive lost a few friends on MFP and ive got kicked from a weight loss group for being "TO HONEST"

so if you can handle it and want me as a friend, add me :)
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is really helpful, thank you!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    YAY FOR THIS POST :)
  • deedermooney
    deedermooney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ^bump^
  • TNoire
    Options
    I just been seeing a lot of "plateau posts"

and thought I could sum it up and avoid us getting flooded with 1000s of more posts on it =)
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP !!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelisandreRed
    MelisandreRed Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories
    You should eat back your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • TNoire
    Options
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.

I never eat them back myself, gotta remind myself it takes 3500 BURNED cals to lose 1lb
    I been told as long as your getting 1200 for a female no less and 1800 for a male no less
    you will be fine as long as your not burning massive amounts of calories like 5000+ a day and only eating 1200 your starving your body, but this method has worked for me

ive lost 156lbs I didn't do it by eating back my calories cause thats just gonna cause your body to have no loss and possibly gain
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump good reminders
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    If you are still overweight and your weight loss has plateaued, then you haven't solved the metabolic puzzle of your body. You could be eating too much, too little, the wrong combination of macronutrients optimal for your body's health. Of course all of this also affects your desire to exercise. Eat the right foods and you feel energized and want to be active. If things stop working for you, you might need to make some adjustments to get things going again.
  • TNoire
    Options
    If you are still overweight and your weight loss has plateaued, then you haven't solved the metabolic puzzle of your body. You could be eating too much, too little, the wrong combination of macronutrients optimal for your body's health. Of course all of this also affects your desire to exercise. Eat the right foods and you feel energized and want to be active. If things stop working for you, you might need to make some adjustments to get things going again.

the main posts explains tips and tricks to get past it also, if you haven't please read it, it expands ideas on this =]
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.

I never eat them back myself, gotta remind myself it takes 3500 BURNED cals to lose 1lb
    I been told as long as your getting 1200 for a female no less and 1800 for a male no less
    you will be fine as long as your not burning massive amounts of calories like 5000+ a day and only eating 1200 your starving your body, but this method has worked for me

ive lost 156lbs I didn't do it by eating back my calories cause thats just gonna cause your body to have no loss and possibly gain

This morning I have decided to do exactly this: not eating my calories back! I've tried to up my cals because I thought I am working out so hard every day...maybe I don't eat enough (I'm not losing weight any more ).
    I actually gained by exercising daily (390 -600 cals burnt) and eating between 1350 and 1450 cals/day.
    I will go back to eating 1200 and do my daily exercise. I am pretty sure that one reason for my gaining is that my metabolism is slower in general since I am over 50 and in menopause. I really need results or I will fall off the wagon.
  • TNoire
    Options
    Remember too the bigger you are the easier it is to lose
    Smaller you are gets harder
    BUT
    we can't let it get to us though
    just gotta keep going
    we can do it =)