shake weight

Options
What exercise would shake weight fall under?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Stupid
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Sex.

LMAO!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, I was going to say "waste of time that you could actually be exercising."
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Stupid

this. ha.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I attribute all of my gains to the shake weight, hope to move up to the MAN shake weight soon............
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    roffle.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys are aweful (although i have to agree, has anyone seen the southpark that features the shake weight, classic!!!).

I don't know what you coudl classify it as, my answer (as to all exercise recording questions) is to get a HRM that tracks calories burned then use the shake weight for a typical amount of time and find your burn then use a custom exercise in MFP to track it in your log. I have one that i've created for each week of my jillian michaels dvd.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love how people are so negative about things they know nothing about! I bet half these people who responded haven't even tried it. It works well if you use it right. I borrowed my friends for a few days and I was totally sore. Anything is better than nothing and if you use the shake weight correctly you will see results. I would log it under weight training :D
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    Ya'll are being kinda mean! She asked a legit question.
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    :smile: not sure but good luck, I thought about trying it out..keep us posted on how i goes!!
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure either, but don't let these people give you a hard time! It looks like it's great exercise. it's just not for everybody. Keep on burning those cals!!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    Just dont get the talking one like on South Park...
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    well since no one is willing to help! I think (unless it gets your heart rate up) you'd have to log it under strength training. If you heart rate elevates then it would be cardio. Get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to be sure of the calories.

Good Luck....and never mind all the jokers on here!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Stupid

Do us all a favor people...

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say - then don't say it!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    hmmm....thats a HRM exercise with a code word so no one knows! But rock on for trying it and not being afraid to fly that flag!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am not sure either...I would go with weight training...but please don't let the negative comments deter you! Not everyone on MFP is like that...keep working hard!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Maybe futility is in the database.
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It comes with cardio dvds originally, do you have the dvds?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Stupid

Do us all a favor people...

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say - then don't say it!

If I can convince people use their workout time doing something productive, as opposed to the shakeweight, I consider that constructive.