What do you do if you have a bad diet day?

Options
124»

Replies

• LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't call them "bad diet days." I call them splurges and/or living. What is the point of running 5-7 miles a day, lifting weights, and watching what I eat most of the time (1500-1700 calories per day) if I can't eat a chocolate chip cookie? There are certain times of the month that having some chocolate or whatever helps my overall life!

That said, I just make sure to keep track of my splurges and keep them from being an every day thing. I also treat myself to a manicure or a hike with a friend or something other than food. Keep going--you can do it!
  • TrenAbe
    TrenAbe Posts: 26
    Options
    Just double my cardio. I ate a papa johns pizza last nite which was around 1500 calories so today I did my usual 45 min treadmill cardio this morning p, but I got another sprint workout I gotta do when I get off work because I ate that pizza. I never beat myself up over just 2x cardio the next day.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I log what I ate, sigh or groan, reflect on why it happened and what I could have done differently (if I chose to), and start fresh the next day. No punishment. No extra exercise or any of that--that kind of strategy and thinking wouldn't keep me keeping on.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Get upset for a few seconds, and then move on. These days, I don't even try to make up the deficit the next day. Knowing that I have to make up for the deficit just brings on more guilt and makes me want to quit.

Agree!