Limited means

Options
2»

Replies

• Luchesse
    Options
    It is next to impossible to sustain burning 3500 excess calories a day. You can have an excess of 3500 accumulated over a few days - week of time and will lose weight.
    Losing weight is a simple calculation. Calories burned must be more than calories consumed daily. For every 3500 excess calories burned you will lose 1 pound.

Using my fitness pal you can calculate your toning by using strength training. Even when it's cold you can go out and walk by saying "I can't walk because it's cold" your giving yourself an excuse not to do it. Layer up and off you go remove layers as you walk or jog if you get too hot.

I am at the beginning of my journey but I have been researching a lot on this stuff. You don't need a gym, a special food, or a special pill to help lose weight. Get motivated, move however, wherever you can, and reduce your calories.

This is a change of lifestyle not a "diet".

so, you're saying that you have to burn 3500 calories more than you consume in a day? I'm pretty sure you're going to die if you keep that up for too long.
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My Dr says i am a fit fat person but i wanna be a fit person!!! I think i will just start measuring my foods...I think that will help in the weight management and to loose weight too...Using my bike too more cardio.....Should i do more cardio for now and some weight training?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    It is next to impossible to sustain burning 3500 excess calories a day. You can have an excess of 3500 accumulated over a few days - week of time and will lose weight.
    Losing weight is a simple calculation. Calories burned must be more than calories consumed daily. For every 3500 excess calories burned you will lose 1 pound.

Using my fitness pal you can calculate your toning by using strength training. Even when it's cold you can go out and walk by saying "I can't walk because it's cold" your giving yourself an excuse not to do it. Layer up and off you go remove layers as you walk or jog if you get too hot.

I am at the beginning of my journey but I have been researching a lot on this stuff. You don't need a gym, a special food, or a special pill to help lose weight. Get motivated, move however, wherever you can, and reduce your calories.

This is a change of lifestyle not a "diet".

so, you're saying that you have to burn 3500 calories more than you consume in a day? I'm pretty sure you're going to die if you keep that up for too long.

OH! ok, that makes more since now!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My Dr says i am a fit fat person but i wanna be a fit person!!! I think i will just start measuring my foods...I think that will help in the weight management and to loose weight too...Using my bike too more cardio.....Should i do more cardio for now and some weight training?
    Unless you're going for serious bodybuilding, 20-30 minutes, three times a week of weight training should be enough (though you can certainly do more). You can do cardio daily.
  • loraflock
    Options
    I have very little means also but I was lucky enough to have some videos that I bought a long time ago that are now coming in handy...I would be willing to bet that if you ask some of your friends and family they probably have a workout dvd that they bought and aren't using and would loan it to you....this would give you a variety....also as far as walking when the weather turns colder...if the building you live/work in has stairs then use half of your lunch time to walk the stairs at a brisk pace....stair climbing is great cardio and if you skip one step each time you go up then you really lift your bottom.
  • lynzyn
    Options
    I was thinking that i could use the building i live in and use the stairs for 5 mins a nite!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Workout dvd's are good too. 30 day shred is mentioned a lot. It's about $10. I believe level 2 is on youtube. Youtube is also great for different workouts. There are many and they are free! :) Good luck to you!
  • alexbrew
    Options
    For pure calorie burning at a low cost: Roller Blading is my preference if it's nice out. Otherwise I jump rope while watching TV. Both eat up calories extremely quickly if I had a heavy meal that day.
  • lynzyn
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a jump rope i hear that is very good for u...