Your hardest, most grueling, sweat-dripping workout?

Options
Today I finally have a day off (yay!) and I am going to spend a couple hour at the gym (yay!)! They are having my two favorite classes back to back-- Body Pump at 1 and BodyStep at 2! I LOVE STEP!!! I always have a big stupid grin on my face because I feel like a kid on the playground heheh :bigsmile: That said, it's two hours of moderate-high intensity work, and definitely tires me out. I will have some Gatorade on hand!

Do you have a favorite butt-kicking workout? Or have you recently completed one and felt SUPER proud of yourself? You should! :wink:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today I finally have a day off (yay!) and I am going to spend a couple hour at the gym (yay!)! They are having my two favorite classes back to back-- Body Pump at 1 and BodyStep at 2! I LOVE STEP!!! I always have a big stupid grin on my face because I feel like a kid on the playground heheh :bigsmile: That said, it's two hours of moderate-high intensity work, and definitely tires me out. I will have some Gatorade on hand!

Do you have a favorite butt-kicking workout? Or have you recently completed one and felt SUPER proud of yourself? You should! :wink:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There is a hike I like to do - it is 5 miles of INTENSE hills! My friend and I "powerwalk" the whole time and the last whole mile is TORTURE! But when I am done I am SOOOOO PROUD of myself and i feel so good! (in an exhausted kind of way)

In fact, i'm doing that hike today at 2pm!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Awesome! I looooove hiking. My best guy friend and I have gone hiking up a mountain by his house a couple times, and sometimes it's so steep you can reach out and touch the trail in front of you! :noway: He always beats me to the top. :tongue: Have fun!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I joined the gym at my husband's school - spouse passes are soooo much cheaper than other gyms!

Anyway, a friend of mine joined, too. We've been going to a "Body Blast" class. i love it and feel so accomplished every time i finish.

I pretty much don't like working out, though, so any time I finish a workout I feel very accomplished! :laugh: I feel great afterward, but have SUCH a hard time getting the enthusiasm going. I've been sitting around for a good 30 minutes now convincing myself to go to the gym...:yawn:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I joined the gym at my husband's school - spouse passes are soooo much cheaper than other gyms!

Anyway, a friend of mine joined, too. We've been going to a "Body Blast" class. i love it and feel so accomplished every time i finish.

I pretty much don't like working out, though, so any time I finish a workout I feel very accomplished! :laugh: I feel great afterward, but have SUCH a hard time getting the enthusiasm going. I've been sitting around for a good 30 minutes now convincing myself to go to the gym...:yawn:

Sounds fun! Is it like a cardio class or a lifting class?

I love to work out but I still get like that sometimes LOL...I'll think, Gosh, what a long day, a nap would be nice, maybe I should play with the rats, the room should be cleaned, etc....I just get lazy hehe. :bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just did intervals on the treadmill.
    1 min @ 4.5
    1 min @ 6
    2 min @6.4
    2 min @ 6.7
    2 min @ 7
    1 min @ 7.5
    1 min @ 8 (8.5 on the 3rd time)

repeat 3 x
    last time
    1 min @ 4.5
    1 min @ 6.4
    2 min @6.7
    3 min @ 7
    1 min @ 7.5
    1 min @ 8
    1 min @ 8.5

total miles - 4.5 in 40 min
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this qualifies, but...

Yesterday, I did an hour with a personal trainer (which is a one-time luxury kind of thing - I don't have that kind of money! LOL!) and then drove straight to the yoga studio for an hour and a half of ashtanga, which is a non-stop hot practice.

Man, I was drenched by the end of that! :tongue:

:glasses:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this qualifies, but...

Yesterday, I did an hour with a personal trainer (which is a one-time luxury kind of thing - I don't have that kind of money! LOL!) and then drove straight to the yoga studio for an hour and a half of ashtanga, which is a non-stop hot practice.

Man, I was drenched by the end of that! :tongue:

:glasses:

Woo, I bet! I did yogilates right after step the day before yesterday, and my core was toast!

Annhjk, I used to do treadmill intervals a lot. That was my morning workout. Tough!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love a good hard run to really get my heart pumping! Or going on a long bike ride! (oh how I miss my bike in the winter! :grumble: )

Home workouts that really get me sweating are P90X Plyometrics, any sort of kickboxing, or step workouts! :bigsmile:
  • jaydanna
    Options
    I have been doing spinning classes, they are soooo tough but once your done u feel great. I've been in agony at bed time tho. My legs really ache at night!! :yawn:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    In college on Tues/Thurs I would go to the gym and run 2 miles. Then I would go take back to back classes...."Reebok Hardcore" then "Guts, Butts, and Thighs". Soooo tough. But it was awesome.

Other days I would run about 3 miles and do 30 minutes of pilates.

That's the workout I'm doing today...3 mile run and pilates.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    In college on Tues/Thurs I would go to the gym and run 2 miles. Then I would go take back to back classes...."Reebok Hardcore" then "Guts, Butts, and Thighs". Soooo tough. But it was awesome.

Other days I would run about 3 miles and do 30 minutes of pilates.

That's the workout I'm doing today...3 mile run and pilates.

LOL, 'Guts, Butts, and Thighs' has to be the best class name ever! I think a run to the gym is a great way to start a workout. It's hard for me to make myself do cardio after I lift so I run to the gym a lot to get at least a mile in.

jessmom, I love plyometrics! I haven't done P90X but my workout partner knows a ton of plyos from being a cheerleader (yes a male cheerleader!).

jaydana, I really enjoy spinning too. I do that on days it's too cold to run and come out of the saddle a lot!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    at the gym today 35 minutes hard on the stationary bike, 30 minutes weightlifting and then came home and walked the dogs for 45 minutes

can you say nap?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    at the gym today 35 minutes hard on the stationary bike, 30 minutes weightlifting and then came home and walked the dogs for 45 minutes

can you say nap?

LOL

A nap is always the best after a good workout! That's why I like working really hard on my days off, I have time to rest. :bigsmile:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    High-intensity Krav Maga classes win the prize, by far.

Actually, the belt tests were between 5-8 hours EACH. All sprinting, suicides, jumping, medicine ball workouts, push-ups, crunches, etc. etc. etc. for at least 4 hours, THEN they start the technique testing only after you are completely wiped out.

Kicked in the asthma for me, it burned when I breathed for 1 week after that. Fantastic!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Sounds fun! Is it like a cardio class or a lifting class?

I love to work out but I still get like that sometimes LOL...I'll think, Gosh, what a long day, a nap would be nice, maybe I should play with the rats, the room should be cleaned, etc....I just get lazy hehe. :bigsmile:

It's a hodge-podge class. We do different core work on mats and on balls, use a weighted bar, dumbells, elastic bands, steps, and LOTS of squats!! haha. It lives up to its name and blasts my body, though!

There's also a class called HABIT that I want to try - hips, abs, butt, inner thighs - but I feel a little intimidated by it. all those areas are my weakest!! I know, I know, it means I should be targeting them!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics from P90X is a :heart: pumper for sure! Love it!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays I usually go spin and then go to BodyPump! It makes for an awesome workout!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Many of Cathe's workout premixes are killer. Her bodymax 2 premix scrambled eggs kills me. Also her terminator dvd rocks.

Laura
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    wow...I've really been slacking :frown:

My "best" workout was the 17 miles I did yesterday on the bike (76 mins)