Exercise calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It took me a long while to be able to eat some of my exercise calories and feel ok with it. I am at 1200 and now I am loving the extra calories on my workout days, PLUS I am still losing weight. In fact, I decided to start eating some bc my loss was starting to slow, and it has picked back up. So don't be afraid! I try to aim for about 1/2 and will work up a little more eventually.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I really do think it is different for every person's body, and how much muscle you are starting with. I eat back a lot of them, but can't always eat them all. Just make sure you eat enough. MFP is more a guideline, not a rule book. Figure out what works best for your body and go with that.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    MADE MY DAY! I am tired of hearing this same question over and over!

then why even answer? seriously...eating back doesn't work for everyone. some people zig zag their calories and it works for them. just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for other people...i'm not advocating for not eating any back or starving yourself in the least bit. I hit a serious plateau and when i stopped eating them back i started losing again. I also increased my total calorie goal. I'm not starving. I'm not unhealthy at all. I'm not trying to rant but if you're so tired of hearing it then leave it alone.
  • devins13
    Options
    If you're primarily exercising to promote weight loss, then definitely do not eat back your exercise calories. That's like pushing on the gas and brake pedals simultaneously.

If you enjoy exercise and don't especially enjoy feeling hungry at the end of the day, then eat some of it back. Eating back any of these exercise calories back will not somehow promote additional weight loss. That's a myth highly perpetuated on these message boards.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been eating mine back & still maintaining a deficit, around 450 a day. However, I'd like to see a little more weekly loss on the scale, so now I don't eat back and have a daily deficit around 700. I still have about 30-35lbs to lose so I think I can afford a slightly higher deficit.