so so gross

Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Eh. I've ingested my fair share of bugs when I've gone running over the years. Probably more than is in food.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Never knew about carmine before. Does that mean ketchup doesn't count as vegan?

Looked up red #40. Apparently it's "coal tar."

I'll stick to eating the bugs...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I think this is the best thing I've ever heard to help me stay away from chocolate!! :sad:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Never knew about carmine before. Does that mean ketchup doesn't count as vegan?

Looked up red #40. Apparently it's "coal tar."

I'll stick to eating the bugs...

Hehe, technically anything with Red #4 isn't vegan. And I just checked my ketchup... no artificial colors.

Oh and #40 was originally coal tar, but now it's mostly petroleum... lol. Big improvement.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    you know you swallow like 1 and half spiders in your sleep a year? lol
    Just sayin.

This is a myth, apparently mouths aren't a hospitable environment for spiders so they tend to not enter. :sick:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I did a paper on this in one of my classes. I can stomach just about everything except for........

Peanut Butter!!!! I open a jar and it always comes to mind the amount of bugs I am getting ready to digest. :sick:
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    My perspective is that people have been eating bugs in other countries for a very long time. They're far healthier than most Americans so no harm, no foul.

Besides: bug = protein
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If that grosses you out, you shouldn't look on YouTube for videos of what goes on in slaughter houses. You will lose your lunch.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Read Upton Sinclairs "The Jungle" We've got it pretty good now a days.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    isnt red food coloring made of crushed bugs?

I'm pretty sure it is :/

ewwwwww
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Why oh why did I click on this O.O
    Yep!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Bug parts are among the least gross things the FDA allows in food imo. lol
    My neighbor likes to eat live crickets, so I don't really consider eating bugs that bad, as long as I don't have to know I'm eating them or feel them moving around in my mouth. ;)