• happenstance82
    Options
    1. Eliptical at the gym
    2. Hiking
    3. Walking the puppy around Capital Lake
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Running Running Running! lol O and pilates sometimes, I need to start doing some strength stuff obviously, all I do is run!

~Leash
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, 30 yard wind sprints till I can barley stand.

WHY? you may ask?

3 reasons

first, you work too hard to think about anything else, you do 15 minutes of these and your head is clear as a bell for a good hour or so. all that stressful junk on your mind just melts away for a little while.

Second, they are mega good for you, they raise your heart rate dramatically, induce anaerobic work in the body which releases the hormones testosterone and HGH, and introduce elevated fat burning triggers (thats FAT burning, not just calorie burn) for HOURS after you work out.

Third, sprinting improves fast twitch muscle reflexes, which helps you in any other activity you do. Fast twitch muscle improvement helps balance, speed, reaction time, and focus.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    1. Walking (darn it Groundhog..I don't want 6 more weeks of winter)
    2. BL Cardio Max
    3. Sweatin' To The Oldies.

Those are my favs but I've slacked on ALL 3!:noway:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    1. fast pace walking
    2. running
    3. high impact aerobics
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

WHY? you may ask?

3 reasons

first, you work too hard to think about anything else, you do 15 minutes of these and your head is clear as a bell for a good hour or so. all that stressful junk on your mind just melts away for a little while.

Second, they are mega good for you, they raise your heart rate dramatically, induce anaerobic work in the body which releases the hormones testosterone and HGH, and introduce elevated fat burning triggers (thats FAT burning, not just calorie burn) for HOURS after you work out.

Third, sprinting improves fast twitch muscle reflexes, which helps you in any other activity you do. Fast twitch muscle improvement helps balance, speed, reaction time, and focus.

I just started this 2x/week. I use a treadmill and go hard for as long as I can then walk for 30-40 sec. for about 15-20 min. Usually at least with 20 sprint cycles. Is that good enough do you think?
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    bike
    walking and my Wii!!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Rollerblading
    Boxing
    Spin bike at the gym (prefer this on my own, but will occasionally take a class.)
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

WHY? you may ask?

3 reasons

I just started this 2x/week. I use a treadmill and go hard for as long as I can then walk for 30-40 sec. for about 15-20 min. Usually at least with 20 sprint cycles. Is that good enough do you think?

If your looking for Anaerobic work (HIIT training), then the key is go beyond comfortable, I can't say if it's enough because I don't know what is too much for you. But basically if at the end of each exercise you can barely breath, and NEED that full rest period just before you start the next one (lets be honest, most people don't NEED that period, they just WANT it) then it's enough. My mantra is "get uncomfortable and stay there!" Comfort and HIIT training are antonyms IMHO. :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics (high-intensity bodyweight exercises)
    Plyometrics
    Running

There's a special place in my heart for lifting, so special that I don't compare it to anything else. :love:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    BTW didn't mean to thread hijack there.

my 3 are

That sprinting I stated above.
    Swimming (when I can)
    Pitching in my mens Baseball league (believe it or not, pretty decent calorie burn if you pitch more then 3 innings)
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    1. Zumba!!!!!!
    2. eliptical
    3. yoga
  • srawlings
    Options
    yoga
    treadmill
    hiking

135573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

WHY? you may ask?

3 reasons

Could you explain what this is, exactly? You mean you sprint for 30 yards, then stop? For how long? And then go again? Is this what you mean?
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1. ZUMBA
    2. Step Aerobics
    3. Jogging (I never go fast enough for it to be considered a 'run') :bigsmile:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Right now...soccer, snowboarding, skiing.