Breakfast egg cups - less than 90 cals/each!

Options

Replies

• kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum!!! Thanks!!!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try these. They soud so yummy and will be great for when I am rushing off to work. Trying to think of what other veggies I can add. Any ideas?
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I made something similar for breakfast this morning! I lined muffin cups with a turkey slice, put in a couple pieces of chopped onion, red pepper and green pepper, sprinkled just a dash of chili pepper on then cracked an egg on top. cooked for 20 min on 400. topped with sprinkled cheese. so freakin tasty! I sprayed the muffin pan with PAM and they came out no problem :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump! :D
  • StargazerHuck
    StargazerHuck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!!

15553990.png
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump! Sounds great. Must try these.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    YUM! I'll have to try it out!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    YUM thanks for sharing
  • brenteesha
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Maybe they'd even be a little better for you with like turkey sausage or something instead of bacon? I heard "spicy turkey sausage" mentioned on TV a few weeks ago, and wondered if there was such a thing. I've never seen it before... does anyone know if it exists and how common it is? I'm addicted to sausage (especially for breakfast) and of course it's probably THE most fattening meat eaten at breakfast time. If I could find it spicy and in turkey version, it would make my day! And it would work great in this recipe.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yummmm...thanks for sharing!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Sounds great...i always need breakgast ideas.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    TFS!
  • Mickeynminnie
    Mickeynminnie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    We made something very similar last week (small differences; no cheese, add peppers, etc), but we used sliced ham as the "muffin cups". We found that they seemed to really stick at first, but then they popped right out once they had cooled.

The kids loved their "egg muffins" for breakfast before school.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Maybe they'd even be a little better for you with like turkey sausage or something instead of bacon? I heard "spicy turkey sausage" mentioned on TV a few weeks ago, and wondered if there was such a thing. I've never seen it before... does anyone know if it exists and how common it is? I'm addicted to sausage (especially for breakfast) and of course it's probably THE most fattening meat eaten at breakfast time. If I could find it spicy and in turkey version, it would make my day! And it would work great in this recipe.

Yes you can get turkey sausage. You can get it in the casings, or without casings, to fry up for sometinhg like this. I haven't tried them yet, but I have a few recipies that call for them ,so I plan on trying it soon!
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ...Maybe they'd even be a little better for you with like turkey sausage or something instead of bacon? ...

Bacon can be a perfectly healthy ingredient, if you aren't buying the crap that's full of sodium, nitrates and fillers. You might want to take a look at some of the stuff they often put into turkey sausages (eww).
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I just posted a recipe just like this on my blog! I didn't even think about asparagus, but that sounds amazing!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump