I am MOVING! Where do you think I should live?

Options
GreenLifeGirl
GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
I have decided to move to a completely different city/state in the late spring and now just need to figure out WHERE to go! Where do YOU think I should go. I am seriously looking for suggestions....

I absolutely love the outdoors (mountains, ocean) and must be close to green spaces. Want to live either around or near the mountains or close to the coast (prefer east over west coast)...educated, mostly white collar. I am single and active and will be done with my grad degree and want to live in an active town/city where I can jump into the local community. I love the idea of living local in a small beach town or a college town that has a lot going on culturally.

I'm really open to all kinds of suggestions!

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    NOT chicago! LOL too cold LOL

how about Florida, nice weather nice men.. I MEAN. lots to do! ha ha Northern FL though
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    California. IMO greatest state. Gorgeous weather
  • cinditree
    cinditree Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lacey wa, mountains and ocean close by, very green, lots of community : )
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I live in Hoboken, NJ (people know it because of the silly Cake Boss and Real Housewives of NJ) It's a great walking town and it really is nice to walk a block away from my apartment and be sitting on the Hudson River with NYC straight ahead.
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You could always apply for jobs all over, and go wherever you get one
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Austin, Texas.. seriously!!

We don't have mountains but we have hills. The scenery is beautiful here, the people are friendly and there is just so much to do all the time.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Boston!!

Portland ME

Portsmouth NH

The small beach towns around here I think may be too quiet/boring in the winter for a single 30 something.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Boston!!

Portland ME

Portsmouth NH

The small beach towns around here I think may be too quiet/boring in the winter for a single 30 something.

sorry double post dunno what happened there!
  • deviouslady
    Options
    Asheville, NC! Small college town, very environmentally friendly, in the mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway! I'd move back there in an instant!
  • CPrincipeDeSA
    CPrincipeDeSA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Portland Oregon! Lots of fresh air. Lot of grassroots opportunities and movements to become involved in. Farmers Markets. Outdoor activities.

I live in Melbourne FL. Didn't think I'd like it here. But lots of sun, beach, outdoor activities. Can't say much for the job market, but I have got a really good tan.

C
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Asheville, NC.... very green town with an artsy vibe. It isn't near the coast but is in the mountains and there are a ton of outdoor things to do in the area. I would move there in a heartbeat if I was in the position to just pick up and move anywhere. It is lovely.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    since i'm not sure where you're moving FROM, i'll just suggest Virginia! I live in Northern Virginia, an hour from washington dc, a half hour from the mountains of west virginia. I'm from Vermont and where I live in NoVA makes me feel like home. It's a bunch of white collar families, not far from anything populous but also not far from anything "country". I can't recommend it highly enough!

Oh, also, only a 2.5 hour drive from Ocean City/Assateague Island/wild horses/Atlantic Ocean, shorter if you're just looking for the Chesapeake Bay! :-D

(edit for ocean info)
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    wow... that is super awesome to be able to just get up and go like that.

Best of luck to you and wherever you chose to call home!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Live where you can get a job.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Even if you prefer the East Coast - San Francisco offers so much outdoor activity and close proximity to whatever sport floats your boat - but also has big city sophistication but the town is small.

I love it here!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Northern California, Seattle area, or Portland.
  • runnermel
    Options
    texas!!!!!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have decided to move to a completely different city/state in the late spring and now just need to figure out WHERE to go! Where do YOU think I should go. I am seriously looking for suggestions....

I absolutely love the outdoors (mountains, ocean) and must be close to green spaces. Want to live either around or near the mountains or close to the coast (prefer east over west coast)...educated, mostly white collar. I am single and active and will be done with my grad degree and want to live in an active town/city where I can jump into the local community. I love the idea of living local in a small beach town or a college town that has a lot going on culturally.

I'm really open to all kinds of suggestions!

If you weren't single, I would say move to Mt. Shasta, California. I am from california and know the entire state very well. I love it all except my hometown, but Mt. Shasta just...it's indescribable. However from what I noticed there's not much in terms of "happening." Otherwise, I'd say the Bay area of CA or Colorado.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    NEVER pennsylvania!!!! too boring here..except dorney park :]
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Outside of the US?